Big Borna

He was garbage before the goal. Then scored a screamer. He was visibly more confident the rest of the game and improved.

So basically, everyone who has been claiming it is mental thing appears to be correct. Let's home he kicks on from here. Still way too many crosses down his side.

He did show the St. Mirren player outside only to then be skinned with their big chance in the last few minutes so I am not sure it is just confidence.

hes obviously not an all action type player and it's not that he is poor it's mainly that he doesn't normally do much, however if he starts banging goals in consistently I'm fine with that.

Anything they done came down his end and they didn’t score yet he didn’t play well.

He done well in a one on one.

Just admit you don’t like him.

Actually first iv been critical of him on here. The chances they had all came from his side

His goal was great but he is a weakness defensively when he plays and a better team would have punished us at the end due to him giving them all the space in the world to run at us , the hunchback would tear him a new one next week if played against them

The free kick is out of this world.

Only a complete moron doesn't want him to succeed-encouraging that the manager said there he is pushing on in training-that's good to hear.

The goal should give him confidence but he's got miles to go in terms of what we need at LB even today the number of times he cuts back is incredibly frustrating-he nees to be capable of going into tight areas and making things happen.

Only a complete moron doesn't want him to succeed-encouraging that the manager said there he is pushing on in training-that's good to hear.

The goal should give him confidence but he's got miles to go in terms of what we need at LB even today the number of times he cuts back is incredibly frustrating-he nees to be capable of going into tight areas and making things happen.

Would help if he had a wide player in front of him who didn’t keep giving the ball away. Jones was very poor today.

Great goal but again he was average, 99% of the time he bombs forward a bit then turns and plays the safe pass back to defence. Hopefully he just needs a bit of confidence a goal will give him but I’m still not sure he’ll be in the team long term

Every single Rangers fan wants him to succeed. Not every single Rangers fan is 100% narrow minded and can look at him, his performances and persona objectively.

Great goal. 3 points.

We move on

He grew in confidence from the goal, but wasn’t great before that.
I hope it’s the game that propels him into top form and a successful season, for both him and Rangers.

Great goal but again he was average, 99% of the time he bombs forward a bit then turns and plays the safe pass back to defence. Hopefully he just needs a bit of confidence a goal will give him but I’m still not sure he’ll be in the team long term
99% of the time that was what the rest of the team were doing today

I like Flanagan but he’s lucky he’s got Barisic as a shield. Otherwise he’d have gotten ripped to shreds for selling the goals he sold against Hibs and the Danes.

My post was more aimed at what will happen that maybe what should. I’d agree than Flanagan has gifted some goals however in bigger games I think on a whole Gerrard will trust him to defend better than Barisic.

He had the sort of game he needs to have to get him confidence. He defended well enough, got a quality goal and started to show a little confidence near the end. But the FF boo boys will not rest till he’s sold, its that simple.

Actually first iv been critical of him on here. The chances they had all came from his side

His goal was great but he is a weakness defensively when he plays and a better team would have punished us at the end due to him giving them all the space in the world to run at us , the hunchback would tear him a new one next week if played against them
He matched the runs all the way back, granted their once chance was from his side but he wasn’t caught out of position or skinned.
Seems like criticism because it’s vogue.

All the people critiscing the chance down his side won't say anything about goals lost down that side when it's flannagan getting skinned as has happened already. Descent game not great game but a superb goal his free kicks are much better than tavs.

He had a good game today and proved he can be a match winner with his free kicks.

Best set piece taker at the Club.

Those saying he had a bad game, I’m not sure what you were watching tbh. Some people’s biases outweigh the evidence they see in front of them.

And it goes both ways with those who have already decided he’s had a good game before a ball is kicked.

There’s no objectivity with people either end of the spectrum. The truth about his performances are somewhere in the middle.

The evidence is his free kick was absolutely world class, but the rest of his game was average at best.

The fact he’s not been a regular suggests the manager expects more. Maybe you think he’s ignoring the evidence as well...

My post was more aimed at what will happen that maybe what should. I’d agree than Flanagan has gifted some goals however in bigger games I think on a whole Gerrard will trust him to defend better than Barisic.

Personally I think having one defensive LB/RB and one attacking LB/RB works for us. Stops us from becoming too exposed, which is why I’m fine with JF at left back.

He was garbage before the goal. Then scored a screamer. He was visibly more confident the rest of the game and improved.

So basically, everyone who has been claiming it is mental thing appears to be correct. Let's home he kicks on from here. Still way too many crosses down his side.
He ran about on his own after the game on Thursday, obviously preparing for today.
He was great with the fans, sending the stewards and cops away to give his tops away.
He stood up twice looking for the free-kicks in dangerous areas.
He scored the winner.

I know, most of that doesn't make a footballer, but combined, it hardly shows the mindset of a coward and someone looking to hide.
Sure, he might need a bit of encouragement to get going, I think he can get better and become an integral part of our team!
You are right, it looks psychological, but I don't think he lacks the heart. Personally, for all that is worth.

Straight back out the team though now for next 2 games. Almost impossible to get a sustained run.

Willing him to succeed and his finish was a worldie ,however defensively it’ll take a lot more to convince me ,I’d still go with flanno

Not sure what people are expecting.

Comfortable defending, great goal, but needs to offer more going forward and take a few more risks.

Some folk clearly dislike him because he’s not been what they expected so far and they can’t see beyond that to give an honest appraisal of a performance.

“It’s two goals.”

Any cûnts ever doubted him hang ur head in shame. :rolleyes:

What a glorious representation from the bold croat.

You're giving the stupids a bad name.

Not sure what people are expecting.

Comfortable defending, great goal, but needs to offer more going forward and take a few more risks.

Some folk clearly dislike him because he’s not been what they expected so far and they can’t see beyond that to give an honest appraisal of a performance.

I’d disagree on comfortable defending, most of St Mirren’s success came down that side. Their striker really should have buried that chance at the end.

Definitely needs to take more risks going forward, too often cuts back into midfielder rather than looking to hit the byline.

I think he’s ultimately over thinking a lot of his game as he doesn’t want to make a mistake. The free kick shows his left foot is exceptional, we need to see more of it as it’s undoubtedly an asset to the team if utilised fully.

As I said, ultimately grateful for his winning contribution, but if he’s going to make the left back position his on a weekly basis, I’d expect to see a lot more. Until then, we’ll continue to see him in and out the team.

And it goes both ways with those who have already decided he’s had a good game before a ball is kicked.

There’s no objectivity with people either end of the spectrum. The truth about his performances are somewhere in the middle.

The evidence is his free kick was absolutely world class, but the rest of his game was average at best.

The fact he’s not been a regular suggests the manager expects more. Maybe you think he’s ignoring the evidence as well...
The fact he’s not been a manager indicates that we have better defensive full backs at the Club. Something that everyone agrees on, I think.

But there’s no denying that when we’re playing a team who play compact, defensive football that he’s our best option.

I’d disagree on comfortable defending, most of St Mirren’s success came down that side. Their striker really should have buried that chance at the end.

Definitely needs to take more risks going forward, too often cuts back into midfielder rather than looking to hit the byline.

I think he’s ultimately over thinking a lot of his game as he doesn’t want to make a mistake. The free kick shows his left foot is exceptional, we need to see more of it as it’s undoubtedly an asset to the team if utilised fully.

As I said, ultimately grateful for his winning contribution, but if he’s going to make the left back position his on a weekly basis, I’d expect to see a lot more. Until then, we’ll continue to see him in and out the team.

What success? They had one chance from a cross from Barisic’s side – he should have blocked it, yes, but he tracked the run and was unfortunate to have it go through his legs.

What success? They had one chance from a cross from Barisic’s side – he should have blocked it, yes, but he tracked the run and was unfortunate to have it go through his legs.

A chance they shouldn’t have had, and should have scored from.

Ignoring his failings is every bit as unhelpful as overt criticism of him.

he done his usual today, 90% of his passes are back, he lets the ball bounce and at the end was weak in defending. He scored a great goal but his overall performance was the same as it always is.

I'd say you are at in or just don't like Barisc as he usually gives 5 out of 10 but I'd say today taking away the goal it wa a 7 as I don't remember St Mirren having much joy down the left hand side, So I'd say his overall performance was better than it usually is and not the same as it always is

The amount of times in the first half he was glued to the touch line high up in space and nobody passed to him was unreal.

A chance they shouldn’t have had, and should have scored from.

Ignoring his failings is every bit as unhelpful as overt criticism of him.

Come off it mate, you said ‘most of their success’. I can’t remember any other success bar that one cross.

Same goes to yourself, criticise him for stuff he does wrong – you don’t need to make stuff up to criticise him for too.

Back