Our Fans today

As in other posts regarding the fans of NI. I would say and think most would agree that we have closer ties with them than any other support anywhere.
If they can stop singing about paramilitaries and the pope ect,surely it's not a problem for us.
I say this as a gers fans who's sang it all and probably worse but Friday has stunned me and we really need to nip it in the bud. Stop trying to get ways round it,just do it.
I was watching the highlights of Sheffield utd last night and the atmosphere at the game was amazing.
They sing about their club and what a noise they created. It's easily done.

Magnificent, Class, didn’t let the Club down. None of which will be said in tomorrow’s press so felt the need to highlight it. Well done Lads.

Again the choice of songs was a fucking embarrassment. So is your post.

The teams are in the tunnel and build my gallows is what's heard from our fans.

Do you think anybody at the club want to hear shite about the UVF and Northern Ireland for 90 minutes?

Bin ALL that garbage from our games.

It might if the SFA/SPFL have their way. Don't think that they wont try.

In an ideal World I'd like to see us ditch ALL the 19th Century Terrorist and Pope references - and even references to the former slimmer of the year and his terrorist chums. Its not going to happen overnight.

UEFA have us in their cross-hairs and, I'd be willing to bet, after next Sunday pressure will be ramped up again for the Scottish authorities to do likewise.

Loyalist stuff is fine. Super Rangers, 'We are not sectarian', are not fine. They shouldn't be started, it's as simple as that.
Yep thats why I was delighted to hear green grassy slopes of the boyne.i’d swap that for super rangers every day of the week and “we are not sectarian” small acorns and all that but it’s a start and that’s all really we can expect

First 6 minutes they had already sung about the bloody IRA and UVF, domestic game and arguments over whether we can/cannot sing these songs aside they had a chance to sing about Rangers and went straight to those songs instead
They?

Meant to add.

It's important now for the club to come out and follow up their communication from last week.

It's not practical to come out with a list of you can't sing this or this is allowed, but it is possible to come out after the game and say - "The fans were brilliant" or to say "X and Y were good but we need the fans to watch Z". That can't be criticised by the media or the club's enemies whilst it does help give the fans some clarification

If we do that publicly our haters will be on it Chris, that’s my concern.

Fine, let's all just bury our heads in the sand and wait for the next UEFA punishment. It's worked well so far, not like we need to use this opportunity.
Your honestly posting unwarranted, unnecessary and boring drivel. You really are talking genuine nonsense.

Was in the North Stand today and the fans were brilliant. And I'm coming from a position of being worried before kick off cause I'm a total realist that these sanctions are down to the support. They were brilliant today.

Unlike you.

I heard one or two things but this will happen with change, this is not overnight and I thought for 99% of the time today the fans were excellent

Problem is we won’t get credit for this, in all reality we probably shouldn’t, but thought we were excellent as I said

Most people that greet about it don't actually go to most games.

If UEFA do us for singing about outlawed terrorist organisations then the guys post is spot on.

I always thought most of the UVF songs were about the soldiers in WW1?

As someone else said I wouldn't be singing any of them on Thursday

Absolutely nothing wrong with singing Super Rangers if we leave out the 19th Century Terrorist bit. Which we didn't sing.

But that’s the problem UEFA have. You can’t just remove the word and continue with the song due to its association with said word.

Quite simply, these songs need to get to f*ck.

I heard one or two things but this will happen with change, this is not overnight and I thought for 99% of the time today the fans were excellent

Problem is we won’t get credit for this, in all reality we probably shouldn’t, but thought we were excellent as I said
What pleased me our support did introduce old rangers songs that we haven’t heard for decades and an old orange classic that our forefathers sang that for me is in the same mould as the sash and derrys walls

Club should release a full list of acceptable songs.

If a new song is created then run it by the club first.

Keeps everyone happy

As for being treated differently,I couldn't agree more. Let's get ourselves sorted first,then as seen by some great work on this forum,we can start to go on the offensive with the obvious bias.
It can be done,it's proved it can be done. I won't name who the guys are but they'll know who I mean.

But that’s the problem UEFA have. You can’t just remove the word and continue with the song due to its association with said word.

Quite simply, these songs need to get to f*ck.

At the risk of repeating myself over and over again. In Europe leave it out domestically however not a problem as they’d have to go after the filth the sheep etc. Never going to Happen. It’s getting boring now ffs.

UVF and loyalist songs aren’t going to be dropped overnight, and nor should they.

You can’t act all indignant over songs that have been sung for decades. We’ve all sang them, we’ve all contributed to it.

Exactly wasn’t a problem before Friday afternoon.

In the north stand, the we are Rangers chant did start in injury time by a small minority. Quickly died out though thankfully

I know I am goin to make an arse of myself here but forgive my ignorance and someone explain what is wrong with super Rangers,
Obviously I don't know the words or I wouldn't be asking such a stupid question

Club should release a full list of acceptable songs.

If a new song is created then run it by the club first.

Keeps everyone happy

If the Club produces a list of what we CAN sing then it simply generates a debate amongst our enemies and detractors about WHY they are OK to sing. We then get tied up in a debate about the whole thing.

If the Club produces a list of what we CANNOT sing then it simply lets our enemies and detractors sit with their with their headphones on waiting for 1 guy in a crowd of thousands (who may not necessarily be a Rangers fan) to start singing one of those songs.

At the risk of repeating myself over and over again. In Europe leave it out domestically however not a problem as they’d have to go after the filth the sheep etc. Never going to Happen. It’s getting boring now ffs.

At the risk of repeating myself over and over again - get the songs to f*ck.

Not acceptable at any time.

The replies to this, from people wanting to keep singing divisive dirges saddens me greatly.

We arent ever going to progress when this shite keeps dragging us back

And I say that as somebody who has sang them all. Times change. Move on.

What do you mean by progress? On the park we are moving forward. Of the field we have lost the propaganda war that was lost many years ago.

In “ we are Rangers ” we could easily change the bit after “ we don’t care” to “ we are Rangers, super Rangers, and we”ll be here forever more”

UVF and loyalist songs aren’t going to be dropped overnight, and nor should they.

You can’t act all indignant over songs that have been sung for decades. We’ve all sang them, we’ve all contributed to it.
Cut out what we know to be wrong i.e the add on's.

Not, unlike some others , that I'm suggesting there was anything untoward sung today .

I thought the support gave great backing today.
The UVF stuff does us no favours I feel but I’m not going to criticise anyone who sings them as I have sang them all at one point.
Me personally I’m going to commit to not singing the Billy Boys or Super Rangers from now on in.
I’m sticking to Rangers songs with possibly a Derry’s Walls thrown in now and then for raucousness!

Not going to lie.

I cannot stand that "We are not sectarian" dirge belted out today.

It's embarrassing shit.

Main points for me today -

1- the songs on the banned list weren’t sung , and they would normally have been , so it’s great that it seems to have gotten through finally

2- as you say there were still plenty of songs which personally I’m not a fan of ,far too much about Ulster for me and not enough Rangers , BUT in the end if it isn’t banned , doesn’t mention 19th Century Terrorists , pope etc and the majority want to sing it then who are we to say otherwise ? I wasn’t at the game .

I think as time moves on people will surely realise signing about Ulster’s troubles , men behind the wire etc when Northern Ireland fans themselves don’t , is kind of irrelevant at a Glasgow Rangers football game .

But it’s one step at a time - for me the fans there did well today and did what the club asked in terms of the banned songs . I’d like to see any uvf stuff replaced by Rangers songs personally long term .

Last edited:
I honestly see no issue keeping super Rangers with the obvious tweak and also a few different versions depending on the game. Domestically we could lose 'we hate' and just sing 'the sfa cheating bastard's and we'll sing it everywhere'. Could even drop in on European nights we hate FARE cheating/corrupt bastard's.

I actually hate having to say that rancid clubs name in our songs

I’m sorry to disagree, but today was far from perfect.

We had the perfect chance to show it’s all about the Rangers, but we, predictably, launched into the loyalist songs and UVF chants immediately.

It was also very disappointing to hear Super Rangers sung.
Yes, the offensive bit wasn’t sung, but why even start it and risk others singing the offending line?

Most disappointing was that terrible We Are Not Sectarian chant.
After the last couple of days we’ve had, do people seriously think this chant is a good idea?
We clearly are sectarian – it’s what UEFA have just done us for.

I suppose we didn’t mention 19th Century Terrorists or the pope, though, so that’s one small thing.

Let’s not kid ourselves, we have a very hard road ahead of ourselves.

Back