Our Fans today

The mhanks have been getting away with the IRA stuff for years so be interesting to see what the media say.

Personally would love us to ditch it but we are where we are. We cant complain about them singing IRA songs if we are doing the same with the UVF/UDA stuff.

Heard super Rangers pipe up with a very tiny minority chanting the fb bit. Thought the fans were great today was expecting a backlash but they done well.

I believe the green brigade have had legal advise - through that fans against criminalisation crowd - about what they can get away with in terms of songs and banners.

Absolutely nothing wrong with singing Super Rangers if we leave out the 19th Century Terrorist bit. Which we didn't sing.

Agreed but would you take that chance on Thursday wi some pissed up bear not to sing the full song?

I think that the fans were brilliant, and kept just on the right side of what's allowable.
I have no problem with Build My Gallows or Daddy's Uniform, the detractors will have a dig but to do anything about these would at least question what is sung elsewhere.

Your honestly posting unwarranted, unnecessary and boring drivel. You really are talking genuine nonsense.

Was in the North Stand today and the fans were brilliant. And I'm coming from a position of being worried before kick off cause I'm a total realist that these sanctions are down to the support. They were brilliant today.

Unlike you.

Point stands. Front it up or bury your head. Your choice.

As someone said on Twitter, those angry at the lack of the TBB and such will only be a tenth as pissed off as those that want to go for us. Much better today than I thought it would be. A step in the right direction.

I believe the green brigade have had legal advise - through that fans against criminalisation crowd - about what they can get away with in terms of songs and banners.

I met that mob in govan cross giving out leaflets in Govan X. Had a chat with them and they were saying how both sets of fans should be allowed to sing their cultural songs.

Make no bones about it if that bill didn't put them on the radar we would still have it.

In a perfect world the fans will just be singing Rangers songs for 90 mins with none of the UVF pish. I think that day will come as well.

However if that's as ropey as the songbook gets then domestically we should be fine. If they start going after them then the poets are back in scope.

Absolutely no way we sing them in Europe though. I really hope we are aware of this moving forward. Zero room for error there

I’m sorry to disagree, but today was far from perfect.

We had the perfect chance to show it’s all about the Rangers, but we, predictably, launched into the loyalist songs and UVF chants immediately.

It was also very disappointing to hear Super Rangers sung.
Yes, the offensive bit wasn’t sung, but why even start it and risk others singing the offending line?

Most disappointing was that terrible We Are Not Sectarian chant.
After the last couple of days we’ve had, do people seriously think this chant is a good idea?
We clearly are sectarian – it’s what UEFA have just done us for.

I suppose we didn’t mention 19th Century Terrorists or the pope, though, so that’s one small thing.

Let’s not kid ourselves, we have a very hard road ahead of ourselves.

Agree 100%.

We have a great support - we just need to be a bit more creative and selective with the songs we sing.

We had the perfect chance to show it’s all about the Rangers, but we, predictably, launched into the loyalist songs and UVF chants immediately.

Yes, the offensive bit wasn’t sung, but why even start it and risk others singing the offending line?

After the last couple of days we’ve had, do people seriously think this chant is a good idea?

I suppose we didn’t mention 19th Century Terrorists or the pope, though, so that’s one small thing.

I think aiming for 90 minutes of Rangers songs is a bit of a pipe dream in the short-term. The short-term aim should be dropping all songs/add-ons which might be deemed offensively anti-Celtic/Catholic/Irish republican (by UEFA's definition). I don't think pro-Unionist/Loyalist/Ulster songs are the issue. In that sense, the songbook today was a damn sight better than it could have been and what it has been recently. Not perfect, but small victories.

(I really wish we would change the "three cheers" chant to end with R.A.F., though. Would make it the perfect song for Armed Forces Day.)

We did mention 19th Century Terrorists with that dirge of a song who the f***ing hell are you ,im the father of 42 get out ya 19th Century Terrorist bastard that got an airing today

I think aiming for 90 minutes of Rangers songs is a bit of a pipe dream in the short-term. The short-term aim should be dropping all songs/add-ons which might be deemed offensively anti-Celtic/Catholic/Irish republican (by UEFA's definition). I don't think pro-Unionist/Loyalist/Ulster songs are the issue. In that sense, the songbook today was a damn sight better than it could have been and what it has been recently. Not perfect, but small victories.

(I really wish we would change the "three cheers" chant to end with R.A.F., though. Would make it the perfect song for Armed Forces Day.)

I'd agree with that.
As soon as I posted, I thought I was maybe being a bit harsh.

As you say, not perfect, but at least it won't get us in bother.

Quite worrying.

And we may already be facing a closed stadium in our European ties dependant upon what is reported for Legia & The Danes.

As well as hurting us fans, it hurts a club fighting financially to the tune of 1m.

If we are going to sing super rangers how about subtituting we hate celtic 19th Century Terrorist bastards to we hate celtic smelly bastards its not sectarian and its accurate

They didn’t sing three cheers,they sang green grassy slopes of the boyne which is the same tune

I keep going back to this,but why when your brothers and sisters in Ulster have stopped singing these songs do we need to.
It's not just happened with their national team,it's also happened in their club football.
I know lads from carrickfergus who attend NI games home and away,they don't do it. They take their Ulster flags and union jacks with pride to show their identity.
So please someone tell me why we need to do it?

Having served 32 years in the RAF I agree wholeheartedly!:)

If we do that publicly our haters will be on it Chris, that’s my concern.
I agree with this, it makes us look daft and it would be open season. Not to mention if Rangers come out publically against any song then they are openly saying its wrong for everyone to see. So when it inevitably gets an outing at a game then the club will not have a leg to stand on in terms of a defense.

I also suspect if Rangers were to come out and say no uvf or loyalist stuff then they would be ignored.

I agree with this, it makes us look daft and it would be open season. Not to mention if Rangers come out publically against any song then they are openly saying its wrong for everyone to see. So when it inevitably gets an outing at a game then the club will not have a leg to stand on in terms of a defense.

I also suspect if Rangers were to come out and say no uvf or loyalist stuff then they would be ignored.

Perfectly said mate.

The UVF songs are not illegal, they shouldn't be completely forgotten, maybe the odd song here and there but.
We are not sectarian chant is a pure cringe as it was 15 years ago.

It's not going to happen overnight especially as everybody has different ideas about what's acceptable. Reading your post you are moaning about loyalist and UVF songs. Another poster on here was congratulating the fans for singing the Green Grassy Slopes.
My understanding is that 19th Century Terrorist and references to the pope are a no no, the rest is fine. Are the UVF songs not about the soldiers that fought in WW1?
My own point of view is drop the songs that can get us into trouble with UEFA. Others will think differently and that is where the problem is. Rangers supporters are renowned for not agreeing on anything but in this situation we need to all agree on some sort of solution.

I’ll have to admit I felt sure we’d belt out TBB today. As much because it’s a bank holiday weekend, great weather etc. It had all the ingredients for a support perhaps a bit under the influence to make a silly drink based decision. So hats off to them for not doing it and from what I heard there was little if any sectarianism.
Make no mistake our haters would have creamed themselves had we sang TBB.

Magnificent, Class, didn’t let the Club down. None of which will be said in tomorrow’s press so felt the need to highlight it. Well done Lads.
The support were great today but, to be honest, behaviour wise they shouldn't need a sticker like a P3 child. They should just behave. That's what's expected of people in a public place, it's not a special skill (well not for most of us).

That Republican cow Jeannette Findlay educates them on all things 19th Century Terrorist/IRA and how to interact with the Polis.

Same with their scummy parades etc.

In “ we are Rangers ” we could easily change the bit after “ we don’t care” to “ we are Rangers, super Rangers, and we”ll be here forever more”
Or we could just stop singing an embarrassing Millwall song?

The rest of the stuff was fine today bar the 'we are not sectarian' cringe fest.

They done some heinous shit let's not pretend. Regardless of how noble their cause was. I'm hopeful that one day we dont hear any UVF or UDA shite home or away. I think it will happen sooner rather than later as well
Considering the songs we sang were referring to the Ulster Volunteers That Thought in the war I don’t see a problem

Considering the songs we sang were referring to the Ulster Volunteers That Thought in the war I don’t see a problem

I know what you are saying I really do. I was more meaning the UVF chant (cant be arsed typing it) and the UDA chant which we know aren't. I still wouldn't risk any of them on Thursday though

I met that mob in govan cross giving out leaflets in Govan X. Had a chat with them and they were saying how both sets of fans should be allowed to sing their cultural songs.

Make no bones about it if that bill didn't put them on the radar we would still have it.

In a perfect world the fans will just be singing Rangers songs for 90 mins with none of the UVF pish. I think that day will come as well.

However if that's as ropey as the songbook gets then domestically we should be fine. If they start going after them then the poets are back in scope.

Absolutely no way we sing them in Europe though. I really hope we are aware of this moving forward. Zero room for error there
That Republican cow Jeannette Findlay educates them on all things 19th Century Terrorist/IRA and how to interact with the Polis.

Same with their scummy parades etc.

There are also a number of politicians and lawyers willing to back and advise them.

Main points for me today -

1- the songs on the banned list weren’t sung , and they would normally have been , so it’s great that it seems to have gotten through finally

2- as you say there were still plenty of songs which personally I’m not a fan of ,far too much about Ulster for me and not enough Rangers , BUT in the end if it isn’t banned , doesn’t mention 19th Century Terrorists , pope etc and the majority want to sing it then who are we to say otherwise ? I wasn’t at the game .

I think as time moves on people will surely realise signing about Ulster’s troubles , men behind the wire etc when Northern Ireland fans themselves don’t , is kind of irrelevant at a Glasgow Rangers football game .

But it’s one step at a time - for me the fans there did well today and did what the club asked in terms of the banned songs . I’d like to see any uvf stuff replaced by Rangers songs personally long term .

I agree with most of your post , but you should remember there is a large number of Northern Ireland fans who follow our/their club every week

I agree with most of your post , but you should remember there is a large number of Northern Ireland fans who follow our/their club every week

They have a big impact on our support for sure but NI St holders are under 2% of our ST holders.

Numbers for fan base is much larger of course as many clubs over there share STs as not all can make it over every week

Well done for not singing a word that results in citation when sang in UEFA matches in an SPL match. Good practice for when it counts (and not that hard).

Back