Union Bears Statement on UEFA's decision

Can't argue with that, The Board have openly let Rangers get destroyed in the media with absolutely none of them rushing to our defence.

Over the past three days the club has sat in silence and kick after kick has come at us through 3,000 seats being removed for sale, FF has gone MENTAL over the use of (Racist - I am mindblown that The Billy Boys has been branded that by UEFA) and Sectarian singing, Michael Stewart saying our Orange Kit last season was sectarian, Celtic and Hibs dumping Gordon Neely on our doorstep slandering our clubs name and now the SNP throwing Police Scotland under the bus over a £31 million+ claim from Rangers 2012 Administrators and Owners.

Hello Rangers Board, what are you doing?

Last edited:
Deflecting the blame. Everyone needs to accept responsibility inside the stadium. Not everyone except BF1. They aren't blameless but never accept any wrongdoing. I think they do a great job but are they going to be careful about what songs they sing? No mention of future intentions??

I'm my humblest opinion this is a chance for the club to me meeting with the ub, Blue order, FF and other forums, you tubers and bloggers.

Get everyone round the fucking table and make it clear what is expected for us to move forward as one!

No more fragmentation, everyone as one! Take the fucking lead Rangers! We might not get another chance!

LEADERSHIP from the club is needed and engagement with every supporter!

It's really not difficult to move on from this together!

Have to say I agree with that, they could have gone further and suggested they use the UB’s to positively determine the song choice at Ibrox and away.

I’ve said this for years this operational board are abaw hair away from Bain et al in how they engage of enemies and positively engaging the UB’s.

People need to speak face to face. Statement and counter statements wont sort this. I just hope that the club and the Union Bears will liase with one one another moving forward. The sooner this sorry mess is put to bed once and for all the better for every single Rangers fan and the club itself.

Their FC Midtjylland efforts at Ibrox

Will cause Ibrox Stadium to be shut

And still they will only deny everything and wail and blame others

Having cost Rangers FC, our only focus after all, money and European Football.

But hey, this is UB07FC after all.

Midtjylland efforts?

I'm my humblest opinion this is a chance for the club to me meeting with the ub, Blue order, FF and other forums, you tubers and bloggers.

Get everyone round the fucking table and make it clear what is expected for us to move forward as one!

No more fragmentation, everyone as one! Take the fucking lead Rangers! We might not get another chance!

LEADERSHIP from the club is needed and engagement with every supporter!

It's really not difficult to move on from this together!
Couldn’t agree more, the boards strategy on this will be utter subservience to those who harm us without even a thought for engaged leadership with the fan base.

Think about this, they have traynor as our PR guy and media engager. The man who said we deserved to get attacked by the Spanish police. Think about the mentality running through the board.

It can change, but our only collective strength comes from our fans group. Invest in them. Give us a bigger say. It’s that easy

I understand their anger but they have some basics wrong here.

This isn’t a disproportionate punishment. Read article 14 in UEFA’s rules - it’s the minimum punishment.

The point re singing I can’t agree with. Had numerous meetings that spoke about singing in the section, including one following the charge.

We need to face up to facts here. In UEFA’s rules we are guilty. There is no defence that will work. We need to drop the discriminatory songs.

I have stated many times that I feel the UB are unfairly solely blamed for the singing but BF1 was the origin of the charges on that night.

We need the support to unite on this. Until we face up to the facts of the situation we are in we are extremely vulnerable to further sanctions

When we beat the scum 2-0 last year the majority of the stadium sang We Are Rangers, add ons and all, loudest being the Copland Road stand. Was that the Union Bears fault as well or do all the hypocrites just forget that ? They are easy targets as they are the only ones who add anything to our home games. Before any wet wipes who don’t even go to the games who are telling supporters to %^*& off and that they should be disbanded or whatever come on to answer, I agree the sectarian pish has to stop and agree it has no place at our games.

This board had promised to fight for us but never have after the cup final against Hibs they let the press and media slur us, was quickly corrected on here by supporters at the game but the damage was already done in the media.
Our PR is abysmal all the time and we are constantly battered by everyone in the media knowing fine well there will be no comeback from the board.
The singing is not just a UB problem they are just an easy target.

Can’t argue with them tbh. Rather than liase with them to find a solution the club have took the easy option

That was not the case though. UEFA ordered closure of 3000 seats. FARE reported to UEFA that the offending song began from within that section. Rangers can’t tell them to %^*& off, and they can’t close another section and ignore the section that FARE took issue with. That is the difference in the emails received by Supporters in the BF1 and those being moved from the CD7 who are only being moved for logistical purposes as BF1-3 is not enough to equate to the 3000 ordered by UEFA to be closed. FARE’s focus On who was conducting the choir with a Megaphone that can be heard above everything else. I think the UB are great for the atmosphere but we are at stage now of having stadium closures and expulsion. Nobody is denying most of the Stadium joined in.. but the UB left themselves wide open to FARE and Rangers have to be seen to doing something or face the further wrath. I don’t support their position, they should heid the warning before it costs us much more than a section closure. Can you image what would happen if we were expelled from Europa? Can you image how Gerrard and the Team digest that? We are now playing with fire. Our enemies are great and to their delight we are going to turn on ourselves. The banner today and this statement plays right in to their hands.

How can the club liase with them regarding this in the short term? Maybe in the long term obviously. The punishment Is not optional. Fare singled out that section. The club had to act.

I hope I’m wrong, bud Sadly, I fear this section will possibly still sing songs in defiance and end with us being chucked out of eupope.

As much as the Ub bring colour and noise to the stadium. I’d rather have rangers in Europe without the ub, than rangers only playing in the spfl with the ub

I understand their anger but they have some basics wrong here.

This isn’t a disproportionate punishment. Read article 14 in UEFA’s rules - it’s the minimum punishment.

The point re singing I can’t agree with. Had numerous meetings that spoke about singing in the section, including one following the charge.

We need to face up to facts here. In UEFA’s rules we are guilty. There is no defence that will work. We need to drop the discriminatory songs.

I have stated many times that I feel the UB are unfairly solely blamed for the singing but BF1 was the origin of the charges on that night.

We need the support to unite on this. Until we face up to the facts of the situation we are in we are extremely vulnerable to further sanctions

The club can't even give them safe standing Greg, instead the club put them right in the corner where the old away support used to sit and well out the way of the TV camera's so that they cannot be seen and anyone not at Ibrox Stadium cannot see their displays. Its a shambles.

They say their position brings great responsibility then continue to take no responsibility.

They have a pop at Ranhers not defending the fans, Rangers dont have a leg to stand on to defend the fans in this case.

I dont understand how hard it is to understand that BF1 was in the report so they are the ones to miss out.

How can the club liase with them regarding this in the short term? Maybe in the long term obviously. The punishment Is not optional. Fare singled out that section. The club had to act.

I hope I’m wrong, bud Sadly, I fear this section will possibly still sing songs in defiance and end with us being chucked out of eupope.

As much as the Ub bring colour and noise to the stadium. I’d rather have rangers in Europe without the ub, than rangers only playing in the spfl with the ub
Id like to think they wont be singing amything out of defiance.

Where are they denying blame and blaming others? Its everyone else that's blaming the UB

They've blamed UEFA, they've blamed FARE, they've accused the club of 'appeasement', they've used the phrase 'supposedly sectarian and racist term' when describing the singing which landed the club in bother.

They do some brilliant things the UB but my god, they don't half throw the toys out the pram when the spotlight is shone in their direction.

We are absolutely getting a stadium closure at some point in the near future. It's a cert to happen.

Yeah that’s a unbelievably daft statement with zero accountability and zero grasp of reality.

We were cited for the offensive songs, they claim to be the ‘Voice of Ibrox’ - are they going to take responsibility for this or not?

Yeah talk about trying to have your cake and eat it too. I’m really not sure how people can back that, the club had to act, it isn’t their fault yet all that statement does is paint the board as the bad guys. Wired to the moon.

Defiance once again.

I will put one post on the situation and thats it.

EVERY single time i see a post from a UB member its DEFIANCE and and unwillingness to admit any misjudgement

Ibrox will be closed soon
Or one section will, as has been shown.
What I don't envisage happening is the club giving the UB any concessions let alone getting the free reign to do as they please like the GB (not suggesting that's what they want) nor do I see UB drawing any sort of line in the sand...the club will always win. What happens next isn't down to the club, their point whatever fans think of it, has been made. Any concession is from the fans...the courts yours boys!
Do I agree with the Board, yes...they are protecting the club, do I agree with the UB statement? Also yea

I understand there frustration and anger but I think they are being badly advised.

The statement is hardly reaching out to Stewart Robertson for constructive engagement.

There is no need for them to end up like The Green Brigade and their relationship with Lawell.

I broadly support the UB's cause but they are going about this the wrong way.

I've accused our Board of lacking leadership and if the UB had any there would at least be an acknowledgment of the fact that the song was sung and it should not have been.

Accountability.

And a commitment to work together for the good of Rangers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back