Union Bears Statement on UEFA's decision

Look u have started quoting me from a reply to another poster. Iv explained what i mean to you now 3 times if you dont get it. Thats your problem.
I do believe you do understand and are going through a im a better fan than you moment. Enjoy
That's usually how forums work.

However let me point out that you made a sweeping generalisation which I questioned.

You're still not actually answering any of the questions asked though, nor have you properly explained what you meant.

I'll ask it as plainly as is possible for you though - do you believe that giving up FTP And FB etc is somehow surrendering our values?

Given the choice, would you prefer to watch Rangers in Europe without being able to chant what you like, or would you like to be able to chant away but not have Rangers in Europe?

They are bang on the money especially about the club offering no form of defence of the fans.
What defence can the club offer, seriously? I applaud what the Union Bears have achieved. They start most chants in the ground, including the ignorant and sectarian ones.

And for those saying the board bent over and took this without fight - what the %^*& did you expect them to do? It’s uefa - there is no fighting it, no debating it. It would be an even bigger act of self harm to not do what they have done.
Yes, totally. It really is as simple as that. It's UEFA's competition so you adhere to their rules or you're out.

Nonsense to think there's any chance of "fighting" them.

Plastic pitches, mickey mouse stadiums, a suffocating merchandise deal, 4 qualifying rounds, a tiny budget (relatively speaking), biggest rivals able to outspend you for the foreseeable future, a pitiful governing body and now...UEFA sanctions, accusations of racism/discrimination, sections of the ground closed - would anyone honestly be surprised if Gerrard departed for England sooner than expected...?

The uefa sanctions and inevitably being kicked out of Europe (I don’t think the support will be able to stop the chanting) will see him gone very quickly after.

The UB are starting to sound like they believe they are bigger than the club. No surprise really cos that's what Ultra groups tend to do.

There will.only be one winner though and it will be a shame because on the whole they are a positive

Surrender then

I'm not being glib mate, we all love our team, but what is it you want the club to do? Go nuclear, tell UEFA to stuff themselves and have us bombed out? Even if we highlight the insidiousness of FARE they'll just point out that we DID sing the songs. Other teams doing the same doesn't change that.

What in your opinion is not surrendering? What does that look like?

Union Bears have ideas way above there station and think their more important than they are.
Silly little boys who think that Rangers exist for them to sing stupid songs
Rangers exist for many thousands and thousands more than them some of us supporters for far longer than their total IQ s Stop it now.

Article 14 is racism and other discriminatory actions. Our charges were based in sectarianism.

How can the Board just sit back and refuse to even challenge claims from nearly every media outlet in Scotland that we have NOT been done for racist singing?

This is getting serious now. Jim Traynor, Level 5 PR and Chace PR take on the rest of the Scottish Media, UEFA and FARE.

Jesus Christ.

Mate you need to face up to this one: we are guilty - there is no defence or plea in mitigation. We need to own up to the reality we are in or we will suffer more severe consequences

@Greg Marshall is the punishment for Thursday for all games up until Legia last Thursday?

Mixed reports that we’ve been reported since St Joseph’s and that further sanctions are incoming ..

Only other thing to do is ban 40,000 (all likely participants). That would be the fair thing to do albeit insane!

The club have handled this the best they could. Apparently (whether we or the club agree or not) the BF1 section was highlighted by FARE (perhaps due to the UBs being typically the main voice of the stadium) Therefore I can see why the club acted on this section.

If anyone should feel pïssed off - it’s the people in CD6 or 7.
They are being relocated I'm missing the game through no fault of my own so I think i have every right to be pissed off

Given the choice, would you prefer to watch Rangers in Europe without being able to chant what you like, or would you like to be able to chant away but not have Rangers in Europe?
Sadly I think that for many that would be a difficult question to answer.

I understand their anger but they have some basics wrong here.

This isn’t a disproportionate punishment. Read article 14 in UEFA’s rules - it’s the minimum punishment.

The point re singing I can’t agree with. Had numerous meetings that spoke about singing in the section, including one following the charge.

We need to face up to facts here. In UEFA’s rules we are guilty. There is no defence that will work. We need to drop the discriminatory songs.

I have stated many times that I feel the UB are unfairly solely blamed for the singing but BF1 was the origin of the charges on that night.

We need the support to unite on this. Until we face up to the facts of the situation we are in we are extremely vulnerable to further sanctions
Well said, Greg - it’s always good to know the facts.

We’re under threat of the stadium being closed for European games. There’s nothing exaggerated, panty wetting or nonsense about it. People go on about haters then back the biggest danger to the club.
The UB aren't the biggest danger to the club.Some of the absolute hysterical rubbish on here in the last 48 hours has been something else.The UB joined in or started depending on what you believe and certainly weren't alone ,if they started it they won't do it again I'm 100% sure of that.All the bed wetters that want nothing other than football songs even if the traditional songs aren't offensive want the group that's brought more actual new songs about Rangers to the songbook than any other group banned.It's fucking ridiculous some of the crap being spouted.

How can the Board just sit back and refuse to even challenge claims from nearly every media outlet in Scotland that we have NOT been done for racist singing?

This is getting serious now. Jim Traynor, Level 5 PR and Chace PR take on the rest of the Scottish Media, UEFA and FARE.

Jesus Christ.

Racism = bad

Sectarianism doesn’t = bad

Is that what you’re getting at here?

The category is racist and offensive behaviour.

We’ve agreed and are in the final steps of formulating a range of fan engagement initiates focussing on focus groups. You may have noticed we held 2 meetings at the hibs game recently. That’s on a range of topics not exclusive to fan behaviour.

I also met with RSC reps at the end of last season and will be following up with more meetings there. On the same day I had a meeting with club 1872 members.

We do a fair amount of work there but I’m pleased that the club are putting more resource into the area (some of the commercial/marketing team are involved now) and I’m sure as the details emerge they will be well received.

But Dave King and the club have been really clear on this. It has to stop.

I agree it has to stop but our haters like FARE will then move onto something else as a stick to beat us with.

The UB aren't the biggest danger to the club.Some of the absolute hysterical rubbish on here in the last 48 hours has been something else.The UB joined in or started depending on what you believe and certainly weren't alone ,if they started it they won't do it again I'm 100% sure of that.All the bed wetters that want nothing other than football songs even if the traditional songs aren't offensive want the group that's brought more actual new songs about Rangers to the songbook than any other group banned.It's fucking ridiculous some of the crap being spouted.

Must have went to catholic schools some of them, But seriously your spot on mate

I'm not being glib mate, we all love our team, but what is it you want the club to do? Go nuclear, tell UEFA to stuff themselves and have us bombed out? Even if we highlight the insidiousness of FARE they'll just point out that we DID sing the songs. Other teams doing the same doesn't change that.

What in your opinion is not surrendering? What does that look like?
Absolute common sense.

As a non-UB member of BF1 I can only thank them for speaking up over the issue of how fans have been treated by the club.

You realise the club had to close 3000 seats. It didn’t matter what they did they were going to be criticised. I think what they have done is the best way of dealing with it, and it’s unfortunate that innocent fans are caught up in it. Maybe that’s what it will take.

Who, exactly, is rolling over and giving up their 'traditional British values' here?

What have 'traditional British values' got to do with the subject matter at hand - that is, the closure of 3000 seats due to a song containing the word 19th Century Terrorist?

My point is where does it stop. As a fanbase there are too many people who are jumping on bandwagon and blaming UBs.

What happens next time we do something that upsets them?

The british values are next, dont stick your head in sand

We’ve agreed and are in the final steps of formulating a range of fan engagement initiates focussing on focus groups. You may have noticed we held 2 meetings at the hibs game recently. That’s on a range of topics not exclusive to fan behaviour.

I also met with RSC reps at the end of last season and will be following up with more meetings there. On the same day I had a meeting with club 1872 members.

We do a fair amount of work there but I’m pleased that the club are putting more resource into the area (some of the commercial/marketing team are involved now) and I’m sure as the details emerge they will be well received.

But Dave King and the club have been really clear on this. It has to stop.
Greg. This issue is the collective responsibilty of our entire support. Hopefully we can put the the mud slinging aside and move forward together backing the team, without the f***** and FTP chants that are damaging the club we love.

Do you know if we have been cited or face further charges from UEFA, relating to singing at matches since the St Joseph's game? Hopefully not, I can't help but feel we are already facing ground closure and possible expulsion.

This needs to be a wake call for our entire support. Rightly or wrongly all of BF1/UB, are missing Thursday game regardless of whether they sang TBB against St Joseph's or not, I feel sorry for those missing the match who took no part in the singing. Many others taking their seats on Thursday night have sang the TBB since, there is a wider issue within our support than BF1/UB who are being turfed out on Thurdsday.

For the record I'm not a member of UB, nor is my seat affected by section closure on Thursday. I attend matches with my daughter and have no inclination to sing about f****** or FTP at Ibrox, or elsewhere for that matter. We go to support the team we love and cheer them on to be as successful as possible.

Sickened after Friday's news, we need to accept it, learn from it and move forward together as a support. Blaming each other acheives nothing, focus on the team who are playing good football and the reward for us all can be the league title this season

The way I see it is no ones expecting the club to try and fight uefa to allow us to FTP and sing about 19th Century Terrorist.

That ship sailed a long time ago.

But, and it’s a big but, the club needs to get ready to go on the offensive. FARE won’t be happy with tbb being banned, they will go after all the other songs like fathers advice, bmg, Derry’s walks etc

So are the club ready to fight the long game?

Probably not

Must have went to catholic schools some of them, But seriously your spot on mate
Quality patter. He seriously isn't right either, he's been spouting garbage ever since the punishment was handed out. To describe people wanting these songs to be ditched as "panty wetting", after we've had a partial closure of our ground and have the threat of expulsion from Europe hanging over us, is utterly braindead.

They are being relocated I'm missing the game through no fault of my own so I think i have every right to be pissed off

And my team isn’t getting the full support on Thursday that it could/should be getting through no fault of my own although i’ll Be there. I’m pïssed off at that also.

There’s morons ruining it for lots of people and this is the consequence. Maybe this unfortunate action will make the guilty party(s) who got off lucky this time take note.

It’s our common ground who is being impacted..... the team!

Mate you need to face up to this one: we are guilty - there is no defence or plea in mitigation. We need to own up to the reality we are in or we will suffer more severe consequences

why didn't the club in their statement, accept the charge but also point out a few facts in FARE and ask some questions re; Their clear reluctance to recommend Celtic are given a punishment that we have been given?

How can a club ( Celtic) have 11 previous charges against them over the years for entering the field of play and attacking a player , singing, political banners ( pro IRA ) etc but never have the punishment we have been given. Even the other week their fans were throwing objects at cluj players but no charges for them when there would have been observers at their game!

It clearly stinks of corruption from FARE and UEFA...

My point is where does it stop. As a fanbase there are too many people who are jumping on bandwagon and blaming UBs.

What happens next time we do something that upsets them?

The british values are next, dont stick your head in sand
You still haven't actually answered the questions though.

You're dealing entirely in hypothetical and hyperbole. The reality is we have had to close 3000 seats because of folks refusal to stop the FTP/19th Century Terrorist shite. Saying that stuff has no place at Ibrox is not surrendering any traditional British values, its common sense.

Sadly for many, they would rather sing about Irish politics and the Catholic Church than about our club.

WRT the UB07 - the cannot on one hand claim to be the 'voice of Ibrox' and have their defenders tell us how without them there'd be no songs, then when there's trouble over songs say 'it wasn't us', particularly if the report has identified BF1 as the area it started. The club are obliged to act on that.

why didn't the club in their statement, accept the charge but also point out a few facts in FARE and ask some question re; their clear reluctance to recommend Celtic are given a punishment that we have been given?

How can a club ( Celtic) have 11 previous charges against them over the years for entering the field of play and attacking a player , singing, political banners ( pro IRA ) etc but never have the punishment we have been given.

It clearly stinks of corruption from FARE...
You want our board to release a statement saying "yeah, we're guilty of sectarian singing, but what about Celtic?"

Do you have any idea how such a statement would be received?

A very disjointed and poor message.

And claiming some credit for the Board grabbing our club back. Time they realised we've all got the same emotional investment in Rangers. And their new chants, mostly uninspiring. Let's stick to the traditional Rangers songs.

A bit of a contradiction there squire.
If it's all down to all of us, why are they missing out on Thursday?

Back