UEFA Europa League Draw - Rangers, Porto, Young Boys, Feyenoord

Really exciting group, i expect Porto to win it and a real fight for the 2nd spot

Good test for us

Luxembourg to Rotterdam is a four hour drive (although I was there in 2002, in the Feyernord end so not sure about this one.

Luxembourg to Bern is 5 hours by car.

My cleaner is from Porto and has family there.

I’m starting to see some real possibilities here.

As pleased as I could be with the draw. No long distance travelling to the wilds of Europe in the winter & we avoided the big English and Spanish sides.
And the “ that Friday Feeling” them back with their bogey team Cluj! I wouldn’t fancy a trip to Romania in the middle of winter

Young Boys only did well last season due to Basel being terrible, Zurich being non existent and Grasshoppers being even more non existent to the extent they got relegated.

As others have said hopefully Feyenoord is the game with No Bears.

Anyone remember the McLeish game there in the Uefa cup in early 00's will remember what a shower of utter Scumbags and animals their fans were and are.

That is an absolute Stick on for crowd trouble. That's not even including the home game where they charged the Govan front.

Was right next to bastards at the Perspex segregation in Rotterdam and if it wasn't for that there would of been a riot.

Bears can go to Amsterdam get stoned and pished and have a party instead.

Good draw for us and none of the other 3 clubs will fancy facing us, especially at Ibrox. We can qualify from this group.

Pleased with that.

Some huge European names and will be tough but I look at these games as the bonus to the successful qualifying campaign so we shouldn’t fear anyone.

Also ideal for not having to do massive journeys to Eastern Europe prior to crucial league games.

Will be a very open group!

Not too happy about young boys away though, memory serves me its a synthetic pitch and they have a very good home record too

A chance of us to go through, and no shame in not qualifying aslong as we give a good account ourselves. A good warm up ahead of the champions league next year

That’s an ok group and gives us a fighting chance to qualify for the knockout stages. We can beat all of them at Ibrox and I think the home results will be crucial for us.

Wanted Man Utd or Arsenal.

Draw is okay imo, don't see why we can't beat Young Boys and Feyernoord at home. Even Porto as well to be honest.

People think thats tougher than it is. Feyenoord and Porto nowhere near as good as they used to be. Still a tough group but i could see Young Boys (who also arent world beaters) coming out on top
Porto won 16 points out of 18 in a group with Galatasary, Schalke and Lokomotiv last season, they might no be CL contenders these days but they are still heavy favourites for this group.

Was in Rotterdam in 2002, have wanted revenge ever since!! Bring them on.

Tough group but I’m looking forward to it. The main thing for me was getting to the groups and focusing on the league. Anything after the group stage of Europa would just be a bonus.

Best thing for us would be no tickets against Feyenoord match day 1.

It’s too easy for trouble to emerge there, which would %^*& us for game day 3 & 5.

All the trips are slightly too accessible for neds as well, unfortunately.

Fancy Switzerland though.

Feyenoord were the worst fans I've ever seen at Ibrox and there was fighting all over the place. If I remember correctly they tried to charge into the Govan.

It’s all about getting there so bring it on. Much harder draw than last year but instead we’ve got proper European sides in Porto and Feyenoord.

A tougher group than last year I reckon.

But we are also a better side and more experienced at this level.

This is where we should be playing every year at the very least.

We have a different mentality in Europe under Gerrard , we have nothing to fear from these teams , Bring it on .

Back