UEFA Europa League Draw - Rangers, Porto, Young Boys, Feyenoord

Tough group but playing 6 games against opposition like that will be a great test for the team. We won't face anyone as good in Scotland.

Lazio won't be pleasant for them, their fans are a bit troublesome and I'm sure the Italian cops won't put up with the scum fans either. Hope cluj do the double on them.

They are c,nuts , was big trouble last time we met early 2000s , they are liberty taking scumbags .

They charged into the govan front en masse from the away corner , kicking and punching women and kids , an absolute disgrace . Scummiest fans I’ve seen outwith sheep and yahoo . We should not give them any tickets at all and shouldn’t take any for Rotterdam either .

Trouble written all over it. Maybe both clubs realise this and agree with playing the game 1st. It's the clubs who decide the fixtures between them isn't it? Think UEFA only step in if there's no agreement.
Yes I think the four clubs meet and agree on dates,ticket allocations etc etc and if they can’t agree uefa then decides

Bit of advice lads, never done a Euro trip by bus before so not really clued up on it. Will there be a bus running to Rotterdam and how easy is it to get a place on the bus and whats the costs involved?

Rangers have only lost one of their previous four games against Porto in European competition (P4 W2 D1 L1), with their last meeting coming in the group stages of the 2005-06 Champions League

OptaJoe coming in with the stats :cool: Ross McCormack who scored that goal wasn't it?

Then that would be on their own risk. No way for example are we accepting tickets for Rotterdam after all this.

I honestly cannot see the club penalising the full support through a full European campaign. Last night the support were impeccable with the prior warning.

They charged into the govan front en masse from the away corner , kicking and punching women and kids , an absolute disgrace . Scummiest fans I’ve seen outwith sheep and yahoo . We should not give them any tickets at all and shouldn’t take any for Rotterdam either .

Thats the away game if we have any sence to try and make our first away game

Surely the way they do the draw sucks? If I'm understanding it correctly, basically as soon as the poets were drawn in top half, we couldn't get any group in top half, so only bottom 6 groups G to L. So that means we had an over 50 percent chance of being drawn group G no? If we'd have been drawn out in any of the first 7 balls of the 12, then we were in group G. (Unless another team in same predicament as us got drawn before us, then they'd take that spot)

Surely a better/fairer way would either be just everyone goes where they are regardless of nation. Or at least, everyone who can't be drawn in first 6 groups are left out of the bowl until the first 6 are drawn?

I hope Porto away is the first game. I have a good chance of a ticket. Last year when we were in pot 4 we were away to pot 1. I don’t know if it always follows that format.

As others have said hopefully Feyenoord is the game with No Bears.

Anyone remember the McLeish game there in the Uefa cup in early 00's will remember what a shower of utter Scumbags and animals their fans were and are.

That is an absolute Stick on for crowd trouble. That's not even including the home game where they charged the Govan front.

Was right next to bastards at the Perspex segregation in Rotterdam and if it wasn't for that there would of been a riot.

Bears can go to Amsterdam get stoned and pished and have a party instead.
I was in the club deck for the home leg. Rangers gave them about the back 3 rows. Thought there was going to be a riot. And that’s not even talking about when they invaded the GF pre-match.

I've not been at an away game in Europe since we battered PSG 0-0 in 2001 but I fancy a trip this year.

Anyone else hear a mutter of 'aww feck' from the delegates from Portugal, Switzerland and The Netherlands when our name came out the hat? We are the nightmare Pot 4 team that noone wanted to face.

Bit of advice lads, never done a Euro trip by bus before so not really clued up on it. Will there be a bus running to Rotterdam and how easy is it to get a place on the bus and whats the costs involved?
It depends if that's the first game or not. If it's not then they're will probably be one

I hope Porto away is the first game. I have a good chance of a ticket. Last year when we were in pot 4 we were away to pot 1. I don’t know if it always follows that format.

You don’t have any chance of a ticket for the first away game squire .

As others have said hopefully Feyenoord is the game with No Bears.

Anyone remember the McLeish game there in the Uefa cup in early 00's will remember what a shower of utter Scumbags and animals their fans were and are.

That is an absolute Stick on for crowd trouble. That's not even including the home game where they charged the Govan front.

Was right next to bastards at the Perspex segregation in Rotterdam and if it wasn't for that there would of been a riot.

Bears can go to Amsterdam get stoned and pished and have a party instead.
Ah loved it mate
Amsterdam the night before wired to the moon
The port in Feyenoord bouncing with bears
Auld fashioned hatred from both sides btw

Really hope this isnt the one that we miss out.

I've not been at an away game in Europe since we battered PSG 0-0 in 2001 but I fancy a trip this year.

Anyone else hear a mutter of 'aww feck' from the delegates from Portugal, Switzerland and The Netherlands when our name came out the hat? We are the nightmare Pot 4 team that noone wanted to face.

Funnily enough that was my last soujourn for an away tie as well . Bit tasty .

Ah loved it mate
Amsterdam the night before wired to the moon
The port in Feyenoord bouncing with bears
Auld fashioned hatred from both sides btw

Really hope this isnt the one that we miss out.

Don't get me wrong it was possibly the most hostile ground I've been too.

And I've done Istanbul twice, Moscow twice, Tel Aviv, Athens twice, Belgrade among dozens and dozens others.

Was a Bear Pit that night, pardon the pun.

Surely a better/fairer way would either be just everyone goes where they are regardless of nation. Or at least, everyone who can't be drawn in first 6 groups are left out of the bowl until the first 6 are drawn?

yes, but the TV companies squeal if they get two teams form the same country in the same group, as they lose half their national appeal matches.

Sadly, that counts

Well maybe the tims can help smuggle out some old Nazi war criminals on the run who never quite left their hidey hole in the vatican.

Have to say glad to have avoided any English, Spanish, Italian or German teams

I thin UEFA direct the order of matches played rather than the clubs, based on seedings

And haha on the Dhims getting Cluj again!

We played them in the UEFA Cup in 2002 and they put us out. They went on to win it. We were better than them and should have progressed. They scored 2 free kicks from 2 dives. Their fans were scum and there was trouble all over the place.

Scumbags home and away.

A good mate of mine had lived and worked in Rotterdam for a spell as an electrical engineer and he arranged to meet a Feyenoord fan pal of his in Glasgow for a quick beer in the afternoon of the home leg.

I went with him thinking why not? and we then met this very dodgy looking bastard in a pub that became The Cheque Centre under the Heilan'man's Umbrella at the entrance to Glasgow Central Low Level. Sure it was that pub at the time.

It was full of utter looneys. If you looked up the pictionary for European football hooligans in a bar, this is what you would see.

I am saying to my mate, 'What the fcuk are we doing in here with this shower of bams?' He says, 'I know sorry about this. The big guy was a gentleman and a great friend at work when I first went over but he admits that when he gets together with his fitba pals the whole thing changes him and makes him a bit mental!'.

The average Feyenoord supporter looked like Sloth from the Goonies but maybe less handsome. That night they then stormed the Govan Front taking on as many pensioners, womean and kids they could find.

An utterly loathesome bunch. I honestly would not give them any tickets for Ibrox and I would show their horrible club the scenes from last time as the reason why.

If we had behaved like that we would still be serving the Uefa ban.

Cnuts.

Last edited:
not a bad group i had a feeling when fc porto got put out of the champions league acouple of weeks ago that we would of got them in our group

Back