UEFA Europa League Draw - Rangers, Porto, Young Boys, Feyenoord

Just up and had a look at the draw.

It’s almost a CL group.

That's the thing. Thinking back to a few CL groups we had in the past - Ajax, Auxerre and Grasshoppers in '96; Seville, Stuggart and Unirea in 2009 - it's on a par with those, certainly not to be sniffed at.

Porto and Feyenoord are big European clubs with an illustrious history.

It's great to be rubbing shoulders with the likes of them once again.

Reactions: NSB
Our assigned travel coordinator is standing by his laptop ready to go as soon as dates are announced.

Really hope we don't miss out on Porto away.

So we'll have no fans in Porto?

(basing this on the fact we played Villarreal away first last year so guessing it's seed 1 at home to seed 4 on match day one)

(basing this on the fact we played Villarreal away first last year so guessing it's seed 1 at home to seed 4 on match day one)
No, that's not how it works. The seedings do not correlate to the numbers we are assigned, ie, we could be 1, 2, 3 or 4. Not neccessarily 4 just because we are the lowest seeds.

Going to struggle for any points in that group but bring it on. I think these challenges could take our boys to the next level of performance.

Don’t go by that mate, it’s defo random.
Years back when we were in it regular one of my Sheldon type mates said he’d worked out the fixtures basing it on previous formulae and we actually booked cheap flights somewhere like Stuttgart- and he was miles out.........

went to Feyenoord in 2002 they were mental

My old man was there too.

He was in the same section as the Feyenoord mob, but in the tier above them, with about 150 other Bears.

He said they spent the whole 1st half fighting for their lives and stopping the Feyenoord mob trying to get up a narrow staircase from below.

Thankfully the police moved them into the Gers section 2nd half before they got swamped.

Feyenoord have been pretty rank domestically so far this season, not in great shape by all accounts.

Anyone gets the chance to go to Porto I’d say go for it. Beautiful city and one of the best grounds I’ve been in.
Feyenoord on the other hand, I’d never go back there, worst fans I’ve experienced by miles, and I was in Istanbul both times.
I have a big friend who is feynoord and loves rangers but says the rotterdam fans will make life hell for bears over there
Story i was told from last time.was a football intelligence from glasgow pleaded with rangers fans outside the ground to stop agonizing the feyenoord fans as the dutch police may not be able to hold them back... a horrible city

Sure I read somewhere a few months back Porto are a shadow of their former self's, confident we'll qualify.

Well lost of lots of their squad over the summer. Got pumped 5 1 by Benfica in the Super Cup. Started the season badly as well, lost to Gil Vicente in the first game, who only came up from the 3rd division (they had some finincial difficulties and relagated, but been allowed to rejoin from this season) Currently played 3 games in the league, last one against Benfica and they beat them 2 0 away, so it is hard to say.

My tuppence worth is we are capable of taking points off all of them. Porto will probably beat us in Portugal, we can beat Young Boys home and away and take a draw in Holland and beat them at Ibrox.

Educated guess, however, I'd say we'll probably be away to Porto match day 1. This would essentially be the game Rangers doont take tickets. That being said, we could still buy hospitality through an agent or direct from the Club right. Thats got nothing to do with Rangers?

Educated guess, however, I'd say we'll probably be away to Porto match day 1. This would essentially be the game Rangers doont take tickets. That being said, we could still buy hospitality through an agent or direct from the Club right. Thats got nothing to do with Rangers?

Porto wouldn't sell out against us so I imagine no issue getting in the home end

Porto and Feyenoord will obviously be tough but we can take points. Is it fair to say we should be taking 6 points off Young Boys? Not exactly European heavyweights, doubt many bears have heard of them.

Porto and Feyenoord will obviously be tough but we can take points. Is it fair to say we should be taking 6 points off Young Boys? Not exactly European heavyweights, doubt many bears have heard of them.

No chance, theyre a good side mate. Rangers, Young Boys and Feyenoord are all similar level imo. Porto a bit better than the three.

Anyone gets the chance to go to Porto I’d say go for it. Beautiful city and one of the best grounds I’ve been in.
Feyenoord on the other hand, I’d never go back there, worst fans I’ve experienced by miles, and I was in Istanbul both times.

Ditto mate.

I'd ban the c*nts from here too.

I have a big friend who is feynoord and loves rangers but says the rotterdam fans will make life hell for bears over there
Story i was told from last time.was a football intelligence from glasgow pleaded with rangers fans outside the ground to stop agonizing the feyenoord fans as the dutch police may not be able to hold them back... a horrible city

Its an absolute pit.

Hence why the jealousy of Ajax and Amsterdam.

Walked the Swiss league the last 2 seasons so definitely no pushovers.

Also knocked out Dinamo Zagreb and didn’t disgrace themselves in a tough champions league group. Beat Juventus and drew with Valencia.

We can get a result against all 3 of those teams at home - we are more than capable of beating them.

we are also capable of getting draws away

unfortunately its also entirely possible that any of those teams could beat us home or away!

its going to be a tight group - if we could get 9 points I reckon that would be enough to get us in the next round.

No chance, theyre a good side mate. Rangers, Young Boys and Feyenoord are all similar level imo. Porto a bit better than the three.

Porto won 2-0 at Benfica last week, lost toGil Vicente (= Hamilton Accies) 2-1 in the 1st match and beat Vitoria Setubal 4-0 in the other. 1 point off the top.

We can get a result against all 3 of those teams at home - we are more than capable of beating them.

we are also capable of getting draws away

unfortunately its also entirely possible that any of those teams could beat us home or away!

its going to be a tight group - if we could get 9 points I reckon that would be enough to get us in the next round.

9 points is almost always enough to qualify. 7 or 8 points in a group this tight would also probably see us qualify tbh.

Was also in Rotterdam in 2002 in amongst the animals. Got a few cracks in the jaw first half then managed to get into the Gers end 2nd half. A few bears took tankings in the home end that night. It was like the walking wounded at the concourse at segregation at half time. Police were decent though and let all Rangers fans onto the away section when asked.

They are the champions of Switzerland and are no mugs. They were in the CL last season. Which self respecting football fan has never heard of Young Boys ffs?

Was also in Rotterdam in 2002 in amongst the animals. Got a few cracks in the jaw first half then managed to get into the Gers end 2nd half. A few bears took tankings in the home end that night. It was like the walking wounded at the concourse at segregation at half time. Police were decent though and let all Rangers fans onto the away section when asked.

They are just Liberty taking scumbags , the Hibs of Holland if you will :)

Fantastic draw imo. That's what playing in European football can bring. These teams will not be looking forward to playing us at Ibrox. We are the team from pot 4 all the groups would want to have avoided.

Back