Rangers Still in Talks With Claudio Marchisio According to French Website

stephen ferris

A French website reporting we are still in talks with Claudio Marchisio, Flamengo, Monaco and us. Not sure how reliable this website is, but interesting if some truth to the story.

Hope this is just pish talk from online gossip sites to stir up interest in the player and the story.

He was way off the pace for Zenit last season and is regarded as one of the all-time flops in Russian football. Maybe he just didn’t fancy the cold but Scotland with its plastic pitches, blood n snotters approach and dreich winters is hardly offering him an easy final payday either.

Really don’t think we could offer him good enough wages. Unless he would take a massive wage drop to play for the greatest team in the world which I hope he will :cool:

His style could maybe do a job in some of European games and certain league games, a bit like Hemdani did. One win in Europa league is worth about 570k, he helps us to do that that maybe pays for half of his wages. @DocStone I know it’s out of the transfer window, but any info on this? :)

7 games in a season for Zenit suggests he's either riddled with injuries or has lost it. Both not good things for players the wrong side of 30. Did anyone actually see much of him?

Interesting that Flamengo would be in for him.

Are Brazilian clubs able to compete with the likes of Monaco for wages now?

If so I’d have thought more players would be tempted to cross the Atlantic.

Great quality of football, great lifestyle (if you’re rich): the sun, the beaches, the women - it certainly has a different appeal to the wind and the rain of Scotland in the winter.

People shouldn't underestimate the lure of working with Stevie G for a season, a good chance of silverware plus half a dozen games in Europe.

IF the guy is fit enough and IF the money works then his experience and quality on the pitch and in the dressing room could only be of benefit in trying to turn a decent squad into a squad of winners.

Great player in his day. No idea how we’d fit him in or impacts on like of King & clear doubts over his ability to play even at SPFL level now. Nope.

People shouldn't underestimate the lure of working with Stevie G for a season, a good chance of silverware plus half a dozen games in Europe.

IF the guy is fit enough and IF the money works then his experience and quality on the pitch and in the dressing room could only be of benefit in trying to turn a decent squad into a squad of winners.

Half a dozen games in Europe that he can't be registered for should swing the deal into our favour.

Great quality of football, great lifestyle (if you’re rich): the sun, the beaches, the women - it certainly has a different appeal to the wind and the rain of Scotland in the winter.

Baloteli nearly signed for them in the summer so they must have been offering him a fair chunk of cash.

Sounds like an agent trying to get his player a move to me, “midfield legend Gerrard rates/wants him so he must still have it” kinda thing and other clubs will react and pay more. The football manger player in me says sign him up but in reality I'm guessing we have no interest.

There’s just no need for us to sign him and it makes no sense for us to sign him given we can’t shift anyone on from the midfield area until January.

A cracking player at Juventus but this would be a waste of money and time on our part imo.

I just don't see us going in for this guy, any time soon, for me this is agent speek no more no less.

Hope this is just pish talk from online gossip sites to stir up interest in the player and the story.

He was way off the pace for Zenit last season and is regarded as one of the all-time flops in Russian football. Maybe he just didn’t fancy the cold but Scotland with its plastic pitches, blood n snotters approach and dreich winters is hardly offering him an easy final payday either.
You've summed it up perfectly. ..think I'll emigrate.

I’d definitely support signing him as a player/coach. Could play him in the Europa league games and OF’s etc and let him coach instead of Livi’s etc. The absolute envy of midfielders all over the world when they see Ryan Jack being coached by Steven Gerrard and Claudio Marchisio...

Was surprised when De Rossi went out to Argentina. Can't see it becoming a trend myself.

Back