Rangers Still in Talks With Claudio Marchisio According to French Website

Monaco not interested in Claudio machisio anymore. There's a Chance he could sign for us. I don't care what anyone says. You don't win the Italian league 7 times n be shite. He'd be a class signing for rangers. He'd pass on his experience to our players. 33 isn't that bad. After all we signed Davie Weir wen he was 37 till he was 40

We obviously can’t afford to pay him wages that he might get elsewhere but, he may be tempted if there is a view to him coming into coaching in a year or two time.

Monaco not interested in Claudio machisio anymore. There's a Chance he could sign for us. I don't care what anyone says. You don't win the Italian league 7 times n be shite. He'd be a class signing for rangers. He'd pass on his experience to our players. 33 isn't that bad. After all we signed Davie Weir wen he was 37 till he was 40

He's far from shite.

I understand the reservations given age and injuries, but he's always been a wonderful footballer. If it's a deal that makes financial sense, he'd be a massive signing.

I don't want to risk getting carried away, as I'm aware big name signings haven't quite worked out for us in the past couple of years, and it's probably not going to happen, and there's every possibility he might be finished.

But if we pull this off we will 100% win the Europa League.

I don't understand the trepidation. If he's interested, then why the hell not!? A year deal with incentives and offer of a future coaching role. Ideal. Class player and dare I say it; the first signing we could truly refer to as a Rolls-Royce of a Player.

Doubt there’s any credibility in it but he’d be a massive signing ,the guy is just class ,world class .

Very hopeful but not realistic ,we can but dream

You would think people would eventually learn we shouldn't sign big name players in their 30s with a history of knee problems.

Yet, a slight chance of it is mentioned and folk convince themselves that all the downsides can be ignored as he used to play at a high level and has won things.

It's pretty mental!

Mental that some don't want an expensive, 33 year old with a history of injuries who's barely kicked a ball in 2 years.

You've got to look outwith the name.
The name does give me a tingle in my plums but I’m also happy to go with whatever our manager thinks on this. If he thinks he improves us then send it on

He,s 3 years younger than Davis. They could alternate games and stay fit.

Always amazed how many folk say things like that. Relative age doesn’t matter. When I was 3 years younger than Davis, I couldn’t have played 5s for 60 minutes without blowing out my arse. It’s about your natural genetics and how you’ve looked after yourself. Davis, Defoe and Weir play to a very high level into their late 30s because of genetic good fortune and their hard work and dedication to fitness throughout their lives. Most players don’t have this capacity.

The fact he’s clearly been unfit for 2 years is far more important than whatever his age is now.

A few years ago yes, amazing signing. But now? He’s not really played in at least a year.

I’d like to know why us. If its is or Monaco, why us?

Mental how folk have this guy written off. He won 7 consecutive league titles with Juve and he is much better than Davis. You would be daft not to get him in.

Mental how folk have this guy written off. He won 7 consecutive league titles with Juve and he is much better than Davis. You would be daft not to get him in.

Should we bring Maradonna home? He was a no bad player too back when he was fit...

There comes a time in every player’s career when their body can’t keep up, no matter how good they were. It happens earlier for some and later for others. Evidence suggests that this bloke is past his.

It won't happen but a few years ago he was for me one of the best midfielders in Europe. It appears bad injuries have taken it's toll on him.

That Juventus midfield a few years back was incredible and full of quality, it consisted of Pirlo in the quarterback role, with Vidal, Pogba, and Marchisio as the midfield three.

Top quality.

Done his ACL in 2016, has never been the same since and is unlikely to be again especially with our winter weather and dodgy artificial surfaces. Definitely a no for me.

Back