Club website gripe

Robert California

Not a huge deal, but anyone else disappointed that the website is so poor?

None of the summer signings have a picture on their player profile which is pretty poor, one of many minor gripes

Given that our other digital and social media stuff is first class, i'm puzzles as to why this would be so bad?

sad life you must have if you notice that why would anyone need to go the squad pages ? i only read the news and the ticket information to know when tickets go on & go to rangers tv &,the ticket i think website is very good , what else does do you want added to the site

The fact that the "Forgot Your Password" reset process just emails you your existing password rather than triggering a reset is rather worrying given the card details and personal info stored on the site.

I have literally never clicked on a players profile page.

The media team are small, but expanding, so I would imagine they've got more important things to be doing.

I honestly thought the weq4u mobile app for free calls would be common knowledge by now on here. Think it's mentioned in almost every thread about calling the ticket office.

Not a huge deal, but anyone else disappointed that the website is so poor?

None of the summer signings have a picture on their player profile which is pretty poor, one of many minor gripes

Given that our other digital and social media stuff is first class, i'm puzzles as to why this would be so bad?
mark had to get one page sorted last month which still had slavesdirect on it and the ticket page was well out of date.

I have literally never clicked on a players profile page.

The media team are small, but expanding, so I would imagine they've got more important things to be doing.

Why have it there in the 1st place then? It's great for younger bears or foreigners to come on and have a look, should be simple enough to do

The fact that the "Forgot Your Password" reset process just emails you your existing password rather than triggering a reset is rather worrying given the card details and personal info stored on the site.

Well it goes to your email..... so you'd either get the password .... or a link to change it... makes no difference ? If someone has access to your email you're fucked either way

I agree - if it's there why not make it 100% accurate & right up to date. I haven't looked at the player profiles but many youngsters will do - some of the players were signed months ago - how long does it need to take for goodness sake.

Well it goes to your email..... so you'd either get the password .... or a link to change it... makes no difference ? If someone has access to your email you're fucked either way

On a similar note, anyone working in the TO sees your actual password and not an encrypted version of it when they're looking at your details. That's a shambles.

So if you use the same password for Rangers stuff that you do for your email, I'd consider changing it sharpish. You should't but many people do and that doesn't excuse the absolute 1990s style set up they're using in the TO.

I am no infosec expert but its amateur hour to be storing everyone's passwords in plain text.

I sometimes look at the news stories on there. Whilst they are usually pretty quick to get the stories on, it’s not uncommon to find spelling or grammatical errors. Whilst that’s not a deal breaker, it looks a bit amateurish when it happens

I sometimes look at the news stories on there. Whilst they are usually pretty quick to get the stories on, it’s not uncommon to find spelling or grammatical errors. Whilst that’s not a deal breaker, it looks a bit amateurish when it happens

You can tell a whole lot of copying and pasting goes on too.

The Rangers social media team are certainly improving, but proof reading their articles for the website before publishing is still a complete myth.

Rangers TV page needs updated.

There’s fantastic content on it however if it wasn’t for following Rangers on Instagram I wouldn’t know the videos were on there. Even when I you do, you still have to do a manual search for the name of the video (again taken from the Instagram page)

The lastest videos should be front and centre, not unknowingly hidden away.

Classic Rangers website article here, para 4 is a beaut

Back