Rangers Still in Talks With Claudio Marchisio According to French Website

Not too old to dominate and control a match from midfield but feel that injury issues overshadow other considerations and that’s before even taking wage costs into account as well.
Where is the list of clubs willing to take him on for a zero transfer fee? A few years ago definitely a yes, but now he’s one I would sidestep.
(Preparing a humble pie in case we go for it and he’s a standout).

(Preparing a humble pie in case we go for it and he’s a standout).

I don’t think you’ve anything to worry about on this front.

He just doesn’t fit the mould of the signing policy we have in place now.

Its the allure of signing that "marquee player" that seems to get everyone in a frothy mess every time it happens but when you boil it down too hard facts it would seem like a signing that doesn't make a great deal of sense.

Still a free agent despite being a quality player apparently
Doesn't fit with the model of signing players to develop
Has no sell on value
Was very poor in his spell with Zenit
Wouldnt fit within our wage structure
Plays a position where we already have an abundance of options
History suggests players like this rarely work out for us.

All in all it would seem a bit of a strange signing.

On that note I'm out....

People saying kranjcar all over again are wrong , this guy was in a different league to kranjcar he was world class , I get the point that injuries look to have caught up with him if fit though he’d stroll it so I’d like us to take a gamble we’ve got plenty sellable assets now so makes a signing like this more justifiable

From what I’ve seen of him he was an outstanding player, At even 75% he would be the best player in our League by some distance.

People saying kranjcar all over again are wrong , this guy was in a different league to kranjcar he was world class , I get the point that injuries look to have caught up with him if fit though he’d stroll it so I’d like us to take a gamble we’ve got plenty sellable assets now so makes a signing like this more justifiable
Whether Marchisio is 'done' or not is up for debate. But I agree, the NK comparison is lazy in the extreme. He's never been at Marchisio's level. I can only presume that a lot of people have never seen him play. He was one of the best 'number 8' in Europe imo. However, he's obviously not at that level anymore.

The idea that we'll sign Marchisio sounds utterly ridiculous and completely u realistic.

Is that dampening my hope of us actually getting him however? Absolutely not.

If I had a quid for everytime I seen that kind of comment on this board for it to blow up on us I'd be on a cruise right now.

Krancjar. Dorrans. Barton. Bruno Alves etc etc.

Marchisio is an actual world class player many levels above these guys yes it’s a risk but if it wasn’t he would already have been signed by a team in the EPL or back in Italy again ,

I am pretty sure it’s all agent talk but time will tell .

Marchisio is an actual world class player many levels above these guys yes it’s a risk but if it wasn’t he would already have been signed by a team in the EPL or back in Italy again ,

I am pretty sure it’s all agent talk but time will tell .

Was...years ago.

Taking a punt on a 33 year old who's missed large chunks of the last few seasons with a serious of knee injuries would be negligent on our part.

Was...years ago.

Taking a punt on a 33 year old who's missed large chunks of the last few seasons with a serious of knee injuries would be negligent on our part.
You know, of course, that if he doesn't sign for us he'll go on to win 3 Ligue 1 titles, 2 Coupe De La Ligue, 1 Champions League, 2 Joueur De L'année, 1 Ballon d'Or, 40 more Caps and a World Cup Winners Medal.

And if he does sign for us, he'll jar his knee on his debut at Livingston, undergo 3 operations, sit on the bench for a year and eventually get a hefty pay-off.

You know, of course, that if he doesn't sign for us he'll go on to win 3 Ligue 1 titles, 2 Coupe De La Ligue, 1 Champions League, 2 Joueur De L'année, 1 Ballon d'Or, 40 more Caps and a World Cup Winners Medal.

And if he does sign for us, he'll jar his knee on his debut at Livingston, undergo 3 operations, sit on the bench for a year and eventually get a hefty pay-off.

That you Niko?

Was...years ago.

It would only be negligent if we didn't give him a medical and just took his agents word that he was fit. If the manager thinks he can still offer us something and the board are happy to sanction it after we've done his medical, then I'm not sure how it could possibly be considered negligent. Risky maybe.

Was...years ago.

Sure the management team wouldn’t even consider him if he’s done .

It’s not that long ago he was staring for Juventus.

All depends on how much hunger he has left players like Caniggia and Sauzee have came into Scottish football and done well at a late age while others already listed on this thread haven’t.

On a side note if this has just been agent talk I’m sure it would have been denied by the club or other ITK individuals the radio silence makes me think at the very least we are thinking about it.

Zenit have ripped up his contract after a year as he was either injured or frighteningly off the pace/below par and is seen there as one of the biggest disappointments/flops to grace Russian football in recent memory. He’s no use to us, no thanks.

Zenit have ripped up his contract after a year as he was either injured or frighteningly off the pace/below par and is seen there as one of the biggest disappointments/flops to grace Russian football in recent memory. He’s no use to us, no thanks.
Still managed two goals in his eight appearances for Zenit.

Carbon copy of the Bruno Alves situation with us, he went on to have a great season at Parma the following year.

It would be a risk but it's not destined to fail should it happen

Carbon copy of the Bruno Alves situation with us, he went on to have a great season at Parma the following year.

It would be a risk but it's not destined to fail should it happen
I just think it’s not a risk worth taking in arguably our most saturated and strongest area of the park.

I’d argue it’s not quite a carbon copy given that Alves was playing well in Italian football prior to coming to us and slotted back in when he went back - style of play, environment, call it what you will

The Glesga wins every time who wants glamour and sports cars fancy ships posh C*nts and birds to die for.
When you can have senga fae Possil with her Primark style twatting about on high heels she canny stand up in and fake everything.
Sounds good to me would be happy with a fish supper oot the blue lagoon and she would'nae standing for long;)

I just think it’s not a risk worth taking in arguably our most saturated and strongest area of the park.

I’d argue it’s not quite a carbon copy given that Alves was playing well in Italian football prior to coming to us and slotted back in when he went back - style of play, environment, call it what you will
The scale of the risk depends on the length of the contract and the wage.

One year deal on sensible wages, to see how it pans out? Why the hell not?

The scale of the risk depends on the length of the contract and the wage.

One year deal on sensible wages, to see how it pans out? Why the hell not?
I agree, but realistically it’s not going to take ‘sensible’ wages to get him if there are other clubs involved as well. A years contract and pay him north of a million quid realistically? Just think that it’s unnecessary personally.

Back