Team vs Livi

RFC_Champions

I Make Stuff Up
Now that the internationals are over. What’s the thoughts on how we’ll line up at the weekend?

McGregor
Tav Goldson Katic Barisic
Davis Jack Aribo
Ojo Morelos Kent

I’m assuming best case scenario for Jack. I’m also resting Arfield to prevent injury and burnout. Otherwise I’d go full strength.

My cards on the table..... I very expect us to “use the squad” in the next few months in particular but priority is 100% the league imo.

Now that the internationals are over. What’s the thoughts on how we’ll line up at the weekend?

McGregor
Davis Jack Aribo
Ojo Morelos Kent

I’m assuming best case scenario for Jack. I’m also resting Arfield to prevent injury and burnout. Otherwise I’d go full strength.

My cards on the table..... I very expect us to “use the squad” in the next few months in particular but priority is 100% the league imo.
Helander for Goldson

McGregor
Davis Jack Aribo
Ojo Morelos Kent

Aribo should drop to the bench imo and possibly come back in v Feyenoord.

I'd also like to see Stewart get a chance and would start him ahead of Ojo.

If there is any question mark over Jack he shouldn't be risked.

I also don't think it would do Goldson any harm to drop out but I cant see that happening. So:

McGregor

Tav
Goldson
Katic
Barasic

Davis
Kamara
Jack/Docherty/King

Stewart
Morelos
Kent

Edit- I actually forgot about King. Of those three I think he's likely to get the nod.

Shagger

Tav
Goldson
Katic
Barisic

Jack
Davis
Aribo

Arfield
Morelos
Kent

Wes
Helander
Halliday
Kamara
Ojo
Defoe

I want Helander and King to start on Saturday

4231 or 433 but would like to see King link the play between midfield and the attack

Jack omitted as not sure if he will be fit

McGregor

Tav Katic Helander Barisic

Davis Aribo

Ojo King Kent

Morelos

This would be my ideal team but I’m pretty sure SG won’t pick it. Goldson will start and King will be sub.

McGregor
Tavernier Katic Helander Barisic
Davis King Aribo
Ojo Morelos Kent

I think there’s no point in taking chances with Jack v Livi at home. Goldson could do with a dropping to remind him he’s not undroppable and keep standards up there. Plus no point in signing a guy for £3m-4m and never seeing what he’s capable of. Arfield needs a rest. Barisic in only because of Flanagan’s injury but he has to start showing form up here.

I don't think Goldson deserves to keep his place after recent performances so I'd bring in Helander.

I'd also rest Aribo after his international travels and keep him fresh for Feyenoord.

Don't think Kent will come straight in to the starting line up and he'll be eased in from the bench and get the last half hour.

Has to be a match that King starts in as well. A good opportunity for him.

Morelos to start up top.

Livingston currently undefeated in the league. Should be an interesting game. They had a great 4-1 win away to Ross County in their last away game but they've had a fairly unchallenging opening 4 matches.

I'm not sure if we'll see Katic and Helander as a partnership too often, as they both step out onto the ball a lot and tend to need someone who covers next to them. Still, have to see it in action before I can say either way.

Aribo playing the full game yesterday may see him rested with the schedule in mind. I also think Kent has to start if he's fit enough to do so.

McGregor
Jack Davis Kamara
Ojo Morelos Kent

Arfield And Aribo rested for me

Mcgregor
Tavernier Katic Helander Barisic
King Davis Aribo
Kent Ojo
Morelos

King needs games to get up to speed, and fewer 'easier' games than home to Livingston to do so. I'd start Katic and Helander for similar reasons. I appreciate the argument made above about them both attacking the ball, but it's worth a try in a home game like this.

Think Kent will be on the bench to start

H&H saying Kent is on intensive fitness programme to get him up to full match fit so can’t see him starting TBH

I’d give Helander a game too. Goldson should be rested

Jack too if he has a slight knee knock

I'm not sure if we'll see Katic and Helander as a partnership too often, as they both step out onto the ball a lot and tend to need someone who covers next to them. Still, have to see it in action before I can say either way

Would like to think both are smart enough to cover the other if one steps out

I think the Gaffer will go with....

Shagger

Tav
Goldson
Helander
Barasic

Kamara
Davis
Aribo

Kent
Arfield

Morelos

Goldson should be rested but Helander and Katic are likely similar styles, so can't see it being a long term thing

McGregor
Davis Jack Aribo
Ojo Morelos Kent

I think Davis, Jack and Arfield will all miss out for their various reasons. Maybe see King, Kamara and Aribo together for this one? With Ojo, Alfie and Kent in the front 3.

Aribo should drop to the bench imo and possibly come back in v Feyenoord.

I'd also like to see Stewart get a chance and would start him ahead of Ojo.

If there is any question mark over Jack he shouldn't be risked.

I also don't think it would do Goldson any harm to drop out but I cant see that happening. So:

McGregor

Tav
Goldson
Katic
Barasic

Davis
Kamara
Jack/Docherty/King

Stewart
Morelos
Kent

Edit- I actually forgot about King. Of those three I think he's likely to get the nod.

Stewart isn't good enough and can’t see him getting near the starting 11 , apart from that can’t Argue the rest of your team.

I want Helander and King to start on Saturday

4231 or 433 but would like to see King link the play between midfield and the attack

Jack omitted as not sure if he will be fit

McGregor

Tav Katic Helander Barisic

Davis Aribo

Ojo King Kent

Morelos
That'll do for me

McGregor; Tav, Katic, Helander, Barisic; Kamara, King, Aribo; Ojo, Morelos, Kent (4231)

Goldson needs a rest & after his OF showing.

King needs the gametime and if he can’t start at home to Livi then we’re as well terminating the loan.

That front 3 should have a field day.

Stewart isn't good enough and can’t see him getting near the starting 11 , apart from that can’t Argue the rest of your team.

I disagree about Stewart mate, although I appreciate he still has it all to prove in our shirt. A packed away defence at Ibrox, is exactly the type of game he has been bought for imo.

Most of you have went with Kent and I hope yous are right.

But Gerrard has put him on a training programme to get him up to speed so might start on the bench.

Despite FF having 'spoken' Goldson will not be omitted. I also reckon Kent will only feature from the bench.

The 6 from middle-to-front is a conundrum, with Davis, Kamara and Aribo all playing this midweek and Jack an injury doubt. I reckon King will come in but have no idea at all who he will replace. Its fair to say this is why we have an overload of midfield players. Feyenoord looms on the horizon as well, so the temptation to rotate will be high. Any permutation SHOULD be capable of getting the job done.

All that said, Livi are on a high and are a very physical team. You could see the sense in sticking with Katic for Helander, for example. We might also need the 'dig' of Jack (if fit), in particular, and Arfield rather than the more lightweight options. Docherty remains an option as well. Trying to pick a 6 for middle-to-front right now really is a bit of a lottery - which, in some ways, is nice. Hell, with Murphy getting just a 45 minute run-out in the Dev Squad today could he even be an option?

Something like this odd looking 4-1-3-1-1:

McGregor

Tavernier
Goldson
Helander
Barisic

Davis

Ojo
Kamara
Aribo

King

Morelos

Let's call a spade a spade. Goldson will have had 2 weeks off. If he isn't in the team he's been dropped/rotated, not rested. He doesn't need a rest after 2 weeks without a game.

This was my thinking tbh. Everyone saying he needs rested, just had two weeks.

mcgregor

tav goldson helander barisic

king jack aribo
stewart kent
morelos

From reading this you would think Goldson has had a terrible start to the season, one major balls up aside hes been fine.

mcgregor

tav goldson helander barisic

king jack aribo
stewart kent
morelos

From reading this you would think Goldson has had a terrible start to the season, one major balls up aside hes been fine.
Katic has been our best central defender by miles though, if one drops out for Helander it should be Goldson

Back