Rangers Still in Talks With Claudio Marchisio According to French Website

If I had a quid for everytime I seen that kind of comment on this board for it to blow up on us I'd be on a cruise right now.

Krancjar. Dorrans. Barton. Bruno Alves etc etc.
Absolutely. The pace and physical nature of Scottish football means that no matter how good you are, if your fitness isn’t up to scratch you are going to struggle big time.

I will never ever understand the mentality of some folk.

We have 100 midfielders, why do we need 1 more?

Because he will be in the top3 midfielders at our club. Improving the team, that's why.
Exactly

Doesn’t matter how many players a team has,if a better one becomes available and is signed he will play

Aye, so not pay as you play then.
When people say pay as you play, this is what they're referring to.

The numbers change but the principal remains the same. It is very possible to create a pay as you play deal. But most players prefer the money to be guaranteed, so they rarely happen. It's a very American system of paying athletes.

Still getting paid whether you play or not
The point in pay as you play is to minimise the risk of large sums of money, on a player who may not be able to play 30-40 games a season. They still need a wage, but they get the bulk of it by playing games.

I honestly don’t know how you are struggling with that? Or are you just being dense? Latter methinks.

The point in pay as you play is to minimise the risk of large sums of money, on a player who may not be able to play 30-40 games a season. They still need a wage, but they get the bulk of it by playing games.

I honestly don’t know how you are struggling with that? Or are you just being dense? Latter methinks.

Aye that's what it is. Dense.

NimaTavRood who broke the Helander story has just said on Rocksport that he knows for certain Rangers want to sign Marchisio and have contacted him/his agent.

No formal contract talks have taken place as he hasn't made any decisions.

NimaTavRood who broke the Helander story has just said on Rocksport that he knows for certain Rangers want to sign Marchisio and have contacted him/his agent.

No formal contract talks have taken place as he hasn't made any decisions.
Tis guy has a decent track record with his info. Must be something to it. it is a curious one though.

Tis guy has a decent track record with his info. Must be something to it. it is a curious one though.

If there is any truth to it, you’d have to think that it will be a very carefully weighted deal on pay as play. Main draw to come here would be Gerrard, chance of trophies, and a remote chance of generating interest in the championship if he can prove fitness with us.

Sounds very dubious though and i’d hope the financials heavily favour us as it would be a huge gamble.

Have we not been on the wrong end of this sort of deal, to many times in the recent past, have we not learned our lesson with these deals.

Back