Armed forces day this weekend?

Meldy

I’m taking my grandson for his second game (first was the Blackburn friendly) would be be good if it was. I’m sure its September sometime.

I’m taking my grandson for his second game (first was the Blackburn friendly) would be be good if it was. I’m sure its September sometime.

Must be as they were asking for bucket collection volunteers for it

This is the first time I've managed to apply to do it, last couple I've either been out of the country or unable to get leave.

I'm buzzing for it, can't wait!

I was the same mate. Always seemed to come at a busy time.
I managed to take a season ticket while I was at Lossie, but all my other posts where too difficult shift wise or honking to travel from.

I was the same mate. Always seemed to come at a busy time.
I managed to take a season ticket while I was at Lossie, but all my other posts where too difficult shift wise or honking to travel from.

I'm considering Lossie just for that reason mate, :D I'm at Brize and it's about 7 hours drive (worth it, but it's still a trek).

This is the first time I've managed to apply to do it, last couple I've either been out of the country or unable to get leave.

I'm buzzing for it, can't wait!

You getting on the pitch or just in the stand on uniform? Was lucky enough to get to do it two years running and never felt so proud to be a member of the forces.

Enjoy your day, Armed Forces day at Ibrox is one of the perks I still miss from the RAF.

You getting on the pitch or just in the stand on uniform? Was lucky enough to get to do it two years running and never felt so proud to be a member of the forces.

Enjoy your day, Armed Forces day at Ibrox is one of the perks I still miss from the RAF.

I'm doing something at halftime.

I'm looking forward to it. What did you do in the RAF?

I've said this before. But here goes, please Rangers, no more appeasement of the haters and denying our brave servicemen and women the opportunity to walk on to the hallowed turf. The adulation we have for them should be displayed for all to see.

They are heroes and deserve a heroes welcome.

These days have been some of the best days at Ibrox - yet we have succumbed to the republican filth that hate this country and our soldiers so much.

Ignore Alex Thomson and the anti-British Scum, I hope our Board take note. A handful of representative heroes will not suffice. Whether it's a dignified march around the track or on the pitch - our soldiers deserve a heroes welcome.

We are back and we are The Rangers. No more appeasing the hoardes.

I remember posting the following on the old board. 6 or 7 years ago. Can hardly believe it was that long. But I kept it for sentimental reasons:

My youngest wrote a story that I just read tonight.

He never told me about it - but I discovered it in his work book at Parent's Night. I nearly cried when I read it. He's been an ST holder for over 5 years and I never thought of the impact this day last year had on him until tonight.

Not word perfect - it was very short, but it went something like this:

My Dad and I went to Ibrox. The soldiers were on the pitch and they came down from the roof. We clapped them and were quiet for the ones that didnt come home. We got our photo taken with them.

They are the bravest people I have ever met and it was the best day of my life.

We will not let this legacy end.

My best pal is doing the bucket collection for Armed Forces and the email from Charity Foundation said they had been inundated with volunteer requests really good to hear hope they all raise loads

What are the plans mate. Is there anything pre match and/or a military band at half time?

There is the RAF and central Scotland pipes and drums performing outside megastore before the game and at half time, Military stands and vehicles will be at fanzone prior to game.
RAF abseil from roof and get match ball.

At half time there will be a banner display by members of the forces and the pipes and drums,that's pretty much it.

May I wish all serving members, especially my RAF brethren, a wonderful day out at the quintessential British institution.

I will be cheering loudly from SJR and hopefully don’t get a little grit in my eye like previous years.

Well done and thank you Rangers FC

What a day! I'm not going to post photos of myself but I can't believe the experience I had today at Ibrox - met Mark Hately, Michael Mols, Big Marv and Frank the doorman (I'm sure that's his name! :oops:) took me, my son and dad up to see the trophy room!

It was an unbelievable feeling to get out on the pitch at halftime and walkabout with the banner party - absolutely incredible!

What a day! I'm not going to post photos of myself but I can't believe the experience I had today at Ibrox - met Mark Hately, Michael Mols, Big Marv and Frank the doorman (I'm sure that's his name! ) took me, my son and dad up to see the trophy room!

It was an unbelievable feeling to get out on the pitch at halftime and walkabout with the banner party - absolutely incredible!
Glad you all enjoyed it mate,you guys deserve it.
WATP

Mate, it was an amazing day and an experience I will never forget - my boy's face standing in that trophy room and the feeling I had walking with that banner!
Excellent,hope you took as many pics as you could to look back on with your boy.Not that you guys will ever forget it.
Took a few myself so you will no doubt be one of the guys in them with your kilt on.
Kidding RAF :))
Were you one of the guys getting your pic taken with was it Edumndson ?

What a day! I'm not going to post photos of myself but I can't believe the experience I had today at Ibrox - met Mark Hately, Michael Mols, Big Marv and Frank the doorman (I'm sure that's his name! ) took me, my son and dad up to see the trophy room!

So glad you enjoyed it mate. Watching everyone walking round the pitch with the pipes and everyone singing rule brittania made me proud to be a bear and British.

What you guys and ladies do for our country is something really special.

Great to hear you enjoyed it!

Excellent,hope you took as many pics as you could to look back on with your boy.Not that you guys will ever forget it.
Took a few myself so you will no doubt be one of the guys in them with your kilt on.
Kidding RAF
Were you one of the guys getting your pic taken with was it Edumndson ?

I was mate. I got loads of pictures today - it was an unforgettable experience!

Back