Cristiano Ronaldo with another hat-trick tonight for portugal

how many of Ali Daei's 109 goals were against crap teams though? you are always going to get easy games at some point in your career

would say Ronaldo has definitely scored more against major teams at least

How low can you go? He will be telling us next that Griffiths international record is far more impressive thanks to a goal against England. What a numbskull. No mention - conveniently - of whom the other 63 goals were against.

Just stating a simple fact, replicated in this tweet.

No doubting an unbelievable record, just showing a third of that total was against minnows.

I was at Windsor Park in 2013 when he scored a hatrick against us. Fantastic player.

He will go down in the history books as perhaps the greatest goalscorer to ever play the game.

But Sir Messi is light years ahead. My opinion.

how many of Ali Daei's 109 goals were against crap teams though? you are always going to get easy games at some point in your career

would say Ronaldo has definitely scored more against major teams at least

Absolutely. Sweden hatrick to qualify for WC 2014 and Spain WC hatrick in 2018 come to mind.

Not to mention a game I was at in 2013 against us at Windsor.

Very unlikeable as a person and a complete cuntsock but you can't take away what he does week in, week out for both club and country, year after year. Ridiculous player.

No doubting an unbelievable record, just showing a third of that total was against minnows.

I was at Windsor Park in 2013 when he scored a hatrick against us. Fantastic player.

He will go down in the history books as perhaps the greatest goalscorer to ever play the game.

It's a nonsensical statistic though. No player - at international or any other level - is going to go through their career just playing and scoring against the 'big' teams. That's not how football works. Do we dismiss half of McCoist's goals for Rangers because they were against 'dross'? Of course we don't.

The clear implication in that tweet is that Ronaldo 'only does it against the wee teams' Which is bullshit.

Messi, good as he is, is kinda irrelevant to the discussion on this thread. It's not a discussion of their respective abilities (we've had waaay too many of those in the past).

The vast majority of international games any player has played are against teams who are a bit shite.

His goal scoring record is just obscene, we are truly blessed to be alive through this era of a couple of all time great players. Won’t be another for a long time

It's a nonsensical statistic though. No player - at international or any other level - is going to go through their career just playing and scoring against the 'big' teams. That's not how football works. Do we dismiss half of McCoist's goals for Rangers because they were against 'dross'? Of course we don't.

The clear implication in that tweet is that Ronaldo 'only does it against the wee teams' Which is bullshit.

Messi, good as he is, is kinda irrelevant to the discussion on this thread. It's not a discussion of their respective abilities (we've had waaay too many of those in the past).

That Messi, he’s a bit shite, isn’t he?

Half his CL goals were against rank rotten no marks like Apoel Nicosia, BATE Borisov and Celtic.

That Messi, he’s a bit shite, isn’t he?

Half his CL goals were against rank rotten no marks like Apoel Nicosia, BATE Borisov and Celtic.

To be fair to him in international terms the CONMEBOL qualifiers are far more difficult than the Euro qualifiers, there’s no dross like Andorra, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and the Faroes to batter.

Also in league terms his favourite victims are Atletico, and I think Real are 2nd or 3rd so he genuinely does score more goals against the better sides.

I couldn't help break out in laughter when I heard an English football pundit - I can't recall his name
but he is a regular on the sports talkshows, claim, in a fit of mirrational chauvinism, that Raheem Sterling is now up there with Ronaldo - Messi, too!!! Granted that Stering has improved, but he is sill a very, very, long way away from being able to lace Ronaldo's boots

Back