No Scottish Premiership tickets below £20

pertinax

That is just one of the findings from a new survey that collates the price of season tickets, match tickets, programmes, merchandise and food costs across the SPFL divisions this term.
Each of the 42 senior clubs - except Rangers - was asked to provide prices and among the other key findings, it emerged that:

• The cheapest adult Premiership season ticket is £240
  • The most expensive ticket so far is £52 for an Old Firm game at Ibrox
  • 10 clubs offer free season tickets to kids
  • Rangers & Dumbarton charge the most for a pie
  • Rangers, Motherwell & Queen's Park charge the most for a cup of tea

Was thinking about Kris Boyd after the Scotland vs Belgium game that other night saying that football is a middle/upper class sport now and he’s absolutely right. How long to clubs expect to continually raise prices before punters have simply had enough, or will the bubble never burst

That is just one of the findings from a new survey that collates the price of season tickets, match tickets, programmes, merchandise and food costs across the SPFL divisions this term.
Each of the 42 senior clubs - except Rangers - was asked to provide prices and among the other key findings, it emerged that:

Was thinking about Kris Boyd after the Scotland vs Belgium game that other night saying that football is a middle/upper class sport now and he’s absolutely right. How long to clubs expect to continually raise prices before punters have simply had enough, or will the bubble never burst

Haha it's really not.

Go to a Scotland rugby international at Murrayfield and then you will see what a middle class sport and support is.

Played golf with a guy today who is off to Old Trafford on Saturday his ticket is costing £95. There is no way a working man would be able to pay that sort of money out regularly so KB is correct it’s become a middle class sport.

An upper class game now? Read it all now.

Reactions: VGM
Went to check if any spares on the site for the Livi game on Saturday - Govan Rear face value was £42.. thought that was a bit steep

We set the individual match ticket priced on where the season ticket holder is per game in the same area add a couple of pounds when a Category B happens - Aberdeen, Hearts & Hibs

Livingston prices range from £28 Family Stand, £29-£41 elsewhere for adults

Last edited:
To those saying football isn’t heading towards an upperclass sport just need to look at the figures for champions league final tickets. Any game of importance and your average fan is priced out, sometimes doesn’t even get a look in because it’s tickets for the boys.

We set the individual match priced on which the season ticket holder is per game in the same area add a couple of pounds when a Category B happens - Aberdeen, Hearts & Hibs

Livingston prices range from £28 Family Stand, £29-£41 elsewhere for adults
Ah right I didn’t realise this was the way it works, so a season ticket in the Govan Rear is around 750 notes is it?!

Some people seem to think that Rangers can charge what they want and if ordinary working class families are priced out then it's 'tough luck'. It's an abysmal attitude to have and many fans will be lost to the game forever soon. £50 for a SPFL match is scandalous, no matter how it's dressed up.

The same Kris Boyd that charges £75 for his summer football camp.

Ah right I didn’t realise this was the way it works, so a season ticket in the Govan Rear is around 750 notes is it?!

Section 1, 2 6 & 7 are under £700

section 3/45 are over £700 which the ticket is for you quote

GR1 is £32 while GR5 is £41 for Livingston

If you go online now there is a few spare

On a side note one my email for stjohnston away it states they are giving us 100 free junior tickets ? Why are they doing that ??

Football is not a middle/upper class sport and never will be. Working class people just accept and pay increased prices each year.
Exactly.

Do middle class and upper class people attend football? Of course. But I’d say that 90%+ are working class (or non working class)

compare footie prices to what else is there to do. I've two kids, so a day out at the football is a fortune whereas i can take them to wonderworld, or even the imax, sit in reasonable comfort for a couple of hours for a good bit less.

football prices are ridiculous but no wonder given the stupid salaries

compare footie prices to what else is there to do. I've two kids, so a day out at the football is a fortune whereas i can take them to wonderworld, or even the imax, sit in reasonable comfort for a couple of hours for a good bit less.

football prices are ridiculous but no wonder given the stupid salaries that we all pay it!

I went to the France v Andorra match at stade de France.

Decent tickets, main stand half way up in line with an 18 yard box.

€25. I thought that was decent value to see the world champions in a competitive match, albeit against weak opposition

On a side note one my email for stjohnston away it states they are giving us 100 free junior tickets ? Why are they doing that ??
To make them feel better about increasing the rest of the child tickets for the game to £20 each?

Some people seem to think that Rangers can charge what they want and if ordinary working class families are priced out then it's 'tough luck'. It's an abysmal attitude to have and many fans will be lost to the game forever soon. £50 for a SPFL match is scandalous, no matter how it's dressed up.

It’s not though. Go to any showpiece game throughout Europe and the price will be a lot higher in the main. The fact it easily sells out suggests that people are more than happy to pay £52 for the game.

Until we increase our capacity, we should raise our prices by 20%.

We'd still have sellouts every week and more money for the club. It's a no-brainer

It’s not though. Go to any showpiece game throughout Europe and the price will be a lot higher in the main. The fact it easily sells out suggests that people are more than happy to pay £52 for the game.
It is. Like I said, dress it up how you want. £50 to watch a Scottish Premiership match is scandalous. And of course, people pay it. Not like an energy company were you can just switch providers is it?

Reactions: SSR
Not really a headline story is it?

I'm almost certainly now going to Karlsruher v Hannover next month. Bundesliga 2. Main stand seat will cost me 35 Euro.

Boyd wasn’t meaning that was a middle class sport in terms of the fans. He meant more in terms of the people that are now able to afford to play it, attend academies and buy boots and kit regularly. Les and less working class people are breaking through and becoming pro as they are being priced out of playing and are just moving into regular day to day jobs.

To be fair he has a point. We are too loyal as a support and people would pay whatever to watch us play.

This, in spades.

A cap would be incredibly beneficial for the Rangers support, whose own loyalty is a double edged sword that routinely allows us to be ripped off by clubs who operate safe in the knowledge that high ticketing prices are no barrier to our fans in buying tickets.

Their bullet point boxes

Ours is dearest, I assume the Bar72 ones which cannot compare to standard season tickets

Doesn't highlight that our cheapest is is less than Yahoos one

Laughable at best

I went to the France v Andorra match at stade de France.

Decent tickets, main stand half way up in line with an 18 yard box.

€25. I thought that was decent value to see the world champions in a competitive match, albeit against weak opposition
Goat to be a good deal that.

Played golf with a guy today who is off to Old Trafford on Saturday his ticket is costing £95. There is no way a working man would be able to pay that sort of money out regularly so KB is correct it’s become a middle class sport.
Mad Keane was before his time with the Prawn Sandwich patter.

Back