Kenny Miller having a dig

He's only saying what I've seen plenty of times on here to be fair. Can't really disagree with it either.

Hate to agree with him but I do. Been hearing about how great our youth system is for years now but saw no real benefit yet.

I said after the Scotland game that because there were no Rangers players, fans or an ex manager involved in midweek they would try and blame it on us not having enough Scottish players and Kenny has duly obliged.

It was mcburnie’s fault last week, these people just blame us for everything instead of looking at the real issues which is the biggest problem of all

Some folk just live with blue tinted specks on. Kenny Miller is saying we need to start bringing more youth through and folk are saying he can’t wait to have a go? Name the youth we have brought through to warrant that statement OP?

There's a reason for it though - we only started getting our act together under Warburton.

Let's see if he can still make the same comments in a year or 2.

Meh.

Ex player says something that’s pretty much nail on head.

Forgive my lack of incandescent mouth foaming.

Whilst I agree in part with what he's saying its only the past few years that we've started to get back on our feet after a horrendous 10 years that saw us almost destroyed. It wasn't that long ago that we didn't even have a squad of players for our first 3rd division game.

Why do clubs like Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs and Motherwell always escape criticism when it comes to the national team?

The criticism always seems directed at us which seems unfair considering where we've been.

The lower league situation really scuppered what the youth set up was all about.
Rangers first objective was to return to top tier.
It’s as if five years of torment has been brushed from people’s memory.
The youth set up is starting to show through now, thanks to the staff in place and RYDC funding.
Miller is quoting Christie and Taylor for Celtc, one developed by Inverness and Aberdeen and the other by Kilmarnock, neither have shown they are going to improve Scotland.

They were allowed to bring through players into their first team that they otherwise probably wouldn't have due to the fact that they were gifted the league title for a number of years and had no challengers.

In the preceding ten years I can only think of about 3 players who came through the ranks at Celtic to become a first team regular - McGeady, Maloney and McManus (unless I'm forgetting anyone).

They were allowed to bring through players into their first team that they otherwise probably wouldn't have due to the fact that they were gifted the league title for a number of years and had no challengers.

In the preceding ten years I can only think of about 3 players who came through the ranks at Celtic to become a first team regular - McGeady, Maloney and McManus (unless I'm forgetting anyone).

McGregor and Tierney would be the two current stand outs.

Whilst I agree in part with what he's saying its only the past few years that we've started to get back on our feet after a horrendous 10 years that saw us almost destroyed. It wasn't that long ago that we didn't even have a squad of players for our first 3rd division game.

Why do clubs like Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs and Motherwell always escape criticism when it comes to the national team?

The criticism always seems directed at us which seems unfair considering where we've been.

Correct on all fronts. Every single one.

There's a reason for it though - we only started getting our act together under Warburton.

Let's see if he can still make the same comments in a year or 2.
Exactly, we now have a very good youth set up and won all kinds of trophies last year but until Warburton came in our youth system had been completely neglected for years which is why there are no current internationals that came through our system

Youth players who have played in the 1st team with Miller often compliment his influence both on and off the pitch and how it helped them settle. So to answer your question, it did help the youth.

Help them settle maybe.

All the while he was here and dare I say beyond when he should've been ,no young guy was getting in.

Hindrance or help, I wouldn't say the latter in them developing into and starting the 1st team.

I’ve said the exact same on here re the likes of McGregor, Tierney and Forrest and I wasn’t having a dig either. It’s facts.

How can anyone even compare the two situations? We have been through utter hell the last 7 years and now that we are back the first thought on our mind is instant success and that doesn't come with bedding in youngsters very often. In our absence the puddle drinkers have walked all over every team and had a free run at European football every year, they could have persevered with any youngster good or shite.

Fair enough we don't have many in the first team right now, but we are doing far more for youth development than any other team in the country and its already starting to show at the younger age groups. How about take shots at teams that aren't just recovering from oblivion.

I’ve said the exact same on here re the likes of McGregor, Tierney and Forrest and I wasn’t having a dig either. It’s facts.

Forrest would not of had the time he had at the mentally challengeds if we had been winning titles , he is 28 and has only been producing over the last few years , as his injury record was terrible .

Great point, we had McGregor, Barry, Hutton too

Help them settle maybe.

All the while he was here and dare I say beyond when he should've been ,no young guy was getting in.

Hindrance or help, I wouldn't say the latter in them developing into and starting the 1st team.
How can you not? If you ever read or listen to anyone who has played at a decent level, they will tell you that the older pro's - especially the vocal dressing room leaders, in this case Miller - were vital in their early development. During his time, Aird, Murdoch, McKay, Beerman and McCrorie are among some who have came in through the academy that played with Miller and I know for a fact one of them has mentioned the importance of Miller's role on and off the park for them. It's not Miller's fault the academy players during his time for the most part have been woeful.

How can you not? If you ever read or listen to anyone who has played at a decent level, they will tell you that the older pro's - especially the vocal dressing room leaders, in this case Miller - were vital in their early development. During his time, Aird, Murdoch, McKay, Beerman and McCrorie are among some who have came in through the academy that played with Miller and I know for a fact one of them has mentioned the importance of Miller's role on and off the park for them. It's not Miller's fault the academy players during his time for the most part have been woeful.
It is his fault bringing it up as he knows fine well keeping the club functioning was far more important than , than bringing through youth players , in the darkest period in our history ,

Would it matter? Jack is the in-form CM in the country and with Scotland playing a formation hes comfortable with he still couldnt get in ahead of Mctominay who i dont think has ever had a good game of football.

As long as he was at Ibrox and then past his prime, no young striker was getting a game.

No young forward was getting 1st team chances while he was here.

Him signing 1 year deals when finished must've scunnered fu(k out our young guys.

This not applicable to just Miller.

We have put experience before youth for many a year.

It is his fault bringing it up as he knows fine well keeping the club functioning was far more important than , than bringing through youth players , in the darkest period in our history ,
I think his point is more that now we're in a stronger position, it is time to get youth players ready to break through. I think people wouldn't be annoyed at his comments as much if they heard it in isolation but because the rhecord are trying to stir the pot with the article, it gets people's backs up.

the club's till recovering form being raped though

just recently we had owners who wouldn't even pay a plumber to fix leaks in ancient pipes

so why would any money have been getting spent on training and acquiring youth players

Back