Willie Collum

GOLEADOR

Official Ticketer
Did he get a new whistle for his birthday and just wanted to blow it at every opportunity today? Literally any sort of contact today was a foul.

I can't believe this guy gets to ref Champions League games

Oh and remember that new rule they implemented this season where a substitute should leave the field at the nearest side, well maybe we should let Willie know that one, wee prick.

he seemed to whistle for every coming together.

I noticed he was struggling to keep up with play............maybe he had a hangover.

Did he get a new whistle for his birthday and just wanted to blow it at every opportunity today? Literally any sort of contact today was a foul.

Oh and remember that new rule they implemented this season where a substitute should leave the field at the nearest side, well maybe we should let Willie know that one, wee prick.
There didn't even need to be contact for him to blow for a foul to Livingston.

The SFA decided that the substitute leaving at the nearest point should not apply in Scotland. The poor petals may be subject to verbal abuse, from opposition fans, when walking round the track and cause them some distress. However, they should leave as quickly as possible and should be booked for time wasting if they take their time, but our referees seem quite happy for players to take as long as they like.

He is not a cheat he is just a terrible ref.
Appalling display by what is supposed to be one of the highest rated officals.
Time to go back to the day job, he is not up to it.

The two things which really annoyed me today.
A Livi player kicks the ball away. Collum should have called him for a lecture to show who was in charge.
Livi player gets subbed, should go off at Govan stand. Walks across pitch, Collum runs after him, tells him to go off at Govan stand, player ignores him. Should have been cautioned.

Based on half a dozen fouls he gave to Livingston then he was consistent by giving one for that.

It was a blatant foul and as you say it would have been utterly transparent if he hadn’t given it when he gave them a dozen softer fouls.

In any event, the lad was nearly fifty yards from goal and the whistle blew right away. You would think he had a side foot finish into an empty net the way folk are going on about ‘getting away’ with one.

I felt he was poor today, but they all are, how any REF.is picked for CL and the EL from this league, is anyone guess.

The SFA decided that the substitute leaving at the nearest point should not apply in Scotland. The poor petals may be subject to verbal abuse, from opposition fans, when walking round the track and cause them some distress. However, they should leave as quickly as possible and should be booked for time wasting if they take their time, but our referees seem quite happy for players to take as long as they like.
Does that mean that all home teams substitutions will be quick with the player going off at the nearest point but all away teams can time waste?

Not sure of the game, but they used the rule, for us, Arfield iirc.

As poor a refereeing performance I've seen for along while. The guy was terrible. Almost obvious to his back hand agreement.

Awful awful referee. Didn't know the rule when allowing the livi player to waste time by running away from the nearest touchline when subbed. Blowing for free kicks when players clearly won the ball. He made it a really hard game to watch.

The rule is that players should leave from the closest touchline unless the ref decides they should go from the halfway line due to issues of safety, the rule does apply here as Arfield has left via the closest touchline in a couple of games though this was in front of Rangers fans.

Awful awful referee. Didn't know the rule when allowing the livi player to waste time by running away from the nearest touchline when subbed. Blowing for free kicks when players clearly won the ball. He made it a really hard game to watch.
Agree, he broke up any rhythm that there was in the game, terrible ref time to go.

Ever since we called him out for the Candeias shambles. Collum has in every game we have had him since seem to try and make sure he gets his own back. He is a poor referee and a cheat.

Last edited:
Going to say something I never though I would say , Collum officiated the game today poorly but he at least played the game to the same rulebook for both teams .Yes he blew for trivial fouls but he did it to both teams . He got the sending of right ,the penalty was a penalty and he blew for the foul on Halliday which was a foul , When was the last time he never carded a Rangers player I can't remember.

He doesn't. Collum refs games outside the SPL very differently, he knows exactly what he's doing.

I think that only applied to higher risk games, i.e. when we play the mentally challengeds.

The chances of anyone caring enough to abuse a Livingston player are slim to none.

Not sure of the game, but they used the rule, for us, Arfield iirc.

Yes, the rule does apply in Scotland.
Refs are told to use common sense in Derby or high atmosphere games.
Today column pointed to the govan, the guy ignored him and willie patted him on the back, showed the crowd his new watch as if we would fall for that old kid on.

how did the officials fail to spot the handball when the player flicked it over katic with his arm in the first half?
Was this not the second half ? Or was that another handball? if not the number 9 was a clear hand ball in second half.

Once a crunt, always one.

Away. You are just a bigot. Mr Gollum is probably a good ref so he is to be sure.

Back