Shey ojo

No doubt this will have mixed opinions.

For me, after today he needs dropped for a considerable period of time. Looked lost in the first half he didnt even look interested. For a man with blistering pace he doesnt even make runs or take a man on, juat the usual cut in on his left and shoot. Being predictable isnt a good trait for a footballer. I can see that there is the potential there for him to excel in Scottish football but at the moment he looks very unsure.

I seen another post comparing him to Candeias. People were glad to see the back of Candeias when he moved on but I thought it was a mistake at the time and now im certain it was a mistake. Ojos work rate compaired to Candeias is non existent.

I noticed today that he takes up very awkward positions. There was times when he should have been making a run for tav to play the ball in behind but he stood 10 yards away offering nothing. I hope he adapts to our league.
Candieas wanted to go for ffs where will people get this into their head

No way was he the worst player today but it’s already clear he’s never going to win over the boo boys. He’s young and talented give the boy a chance and don’t get on his back when things don’t go right for him.

A couple of posters saying it's not his fault - he's not suited to playing against teams that set up with a 4-5-1 to sit in.
So why play him in those games? Set it up so he's out and we have two strikers against teams that want to park the bus.

Candieas wanted to go for ffs where will people get this into their head
To be fair, he wanted to go only because he was told he'd get limited game time. He thought he was better than the likes of Ojo, who were going to get a game before him, and I can see why.
He is.
On a related note - there is a very clear difference between Tav this year, and Tav last year with Candieas. Our right flank is much, much weaker in every respect.

Wish he would stop pulling his shorts up and concentrate on the game

Morelos (in particular), Arfield and Defoe - to name a few - all do that as well. I’ve noticed it in games and in training videos. Are the shorts too tight in the leg or what?

For me, after today he needs dropped for a considerable period of time.
That sounds more like a punishment and is hardly going to be a confidence builder for the lad.
I agree he was poor first half but started to come onto a game after our equaliser. The same can be said for a few others.

I have no gripe with his work rate, or his desire.

What I feel he lacks at the moment though is his movement when Tav has the ball. A few times he could have made runs or showed for the ball.

He has not dovetailed with Tav yet, there is no chemistry between them, hopefully they will click at some point.

Agreed, especially in the first half.

Credit to him though, he grew into it second half. He looks like he lacks a bit of confidence when running at his opponent, hopefully today’s helps him settle a bit more.

Much like Hibs at Ibrox, he came onto a game when the other team went down to 10 men.

11 v 11 with the opposition sitting in just doesn't suit him at all. He isn't a starter for me.

His stats are decent but inflated due to early euro rounds and the 2 spells v 10 men when he was finding space easier

My concern with Ojo is he seems a bit of a luxury player that comes to life when there is a bit of space to run into. When we play teams that put everyone behind the ball and mark him closely he looks like a passenger.

His stats are good so far overall but he can be completely anonymous for long periods of the game

Completely anonymous first half, watched him constantly moving into the middle of the pitch every time Tav got the ball and was driving forward in the first half, basically hiding not wanting the ball. For me he should be trying his best to link up with him.

Had a better second half mind you but still not convinced.

For me, after today he needs dropped for a considerable period of time. Looked lost in the first half he didnt even look interested. For a man with blistering pace he doesnt even make runs or take a man on, juat the usual cut in on his left and shoot. Being predictable isnt a good trait for a footballer. I can see that there is the potential there for him to excel in Scottish football but at the moment he looks very unsure.

I seen another post comparing him to Candeias. People were glad to see the back of Candeias when he moved on but I thought it was a mistake at the time and now im certain it was a mistake. Ojos work rate compaired to Candeias is non existent.

I noticed today that he takes up very awkward positions. There was times when he should have been making a run for tav to play the ball in behind but he stood 10 yards away offering nothing. I hope he adapts to our league.
I see him as another show pony, but my fear is that the manager will do what he did with Ejaria, Worrall and Coulibally and shoe horn him into the team when his performances don`t merit it. Only my humble opinion, of course.

He seems to be one of these players when we're doing well looks a great player but when we're up against it looks lost. Hes not a game changer and in my opinion should be used from the bench. Never a starter just now but maybe just needs a bit of experience in this league. I'm of the same opinion on Aribo. I'm just not seeing all the hype about him.

He’s hopeless.

We need Murphy, Jones & Kent back ASAP.

You couldn’t make up Kent & Jones injuries absolutely sole destroying stuff.

I was slated by a few posters a while back for saying he wouldn’t be consistent or score many goals this season. But I stand by that , he’s a player who’s capable of doing very good things but also capable of completely falling out the game and putting in really poor performances like the last couple of games.

i'm labelling him garbage

agree or disagree

don't talk on behalf of Liverpool who are pissing themselves at us

Liverpool gave him 5-year deal. He's represented England at all levels from U16 to U21 including being part of the team which won the U20 World Cup.

He's obviously fooled a lot of people...

Based on form he should be nowhere near the starting eleven. I think he's a good prospect though.

Based on form theirs a few who should be looking over their shoulder.

Liverpool gave him 5-year deal. He's represented England at all levels from U16 to U21 including being part of the team which won the U20 World Cup.

He's obviously fooled a lot of people...

aye most of them on our coaching staff

sadiq played with roma and nigeria u23

so FW

I won’t give up on him just yet. He has all the tools to be a top player. But today before we got back in the game he was hiding. Wandering over beside Livingston players far too often. But showed in flashes that he can be a player

If rangers are a poorer because candieas left,then I'd say we haven't really moved on.
There seems to be fans at Ibrox that just turn up pick a player they don't like and spend the whole game abusing them. Don't know what it's all about,but if that's your thing and it makes you feel better then crack on. Don't understand it myself.

Ojo keeps getting it but I would say Aribo hasn't turned up for many apart from pre season friendlies. Remember he came from a league that most on here agree is garbage,but I'm not going to critisice them as it can take many players a while to settle. It seems stopping them getting 10 is adding to the desperation of the support in wanting success yesterday

Once again only starting playing once we had a comfortable lead.
Had high hopes for him after the first few friendly games in the summer.
Definitely a player in there but his attitude is beyond suspect

I agree that he looks like he’s not interested at times.

He definitely has the ability but I’m not sure he has the mentality to play for us.

To be fair, he wanted to go only because he was told he'd get limited game time. He thought he was better than the likes of Ojo, who were going to get a game before him, and I can see why.
He is.
On a related note - there is a very clear difference between Tav this year, and Tav last year with Candieas. Our right flank is much, much weaker in every respect.
No he wanted guarantee he would start most games and gerrard rightly said he can’t guarantee anyone games.candieas seems to have got better since he’s away he was garbage for 4 months of season

I see him as another show pony, but my fear is that the manager will do what he did with Ejaria, Worrall and Coulibally and shoe horn him into the team when his performances don`t merit it. Only my humble opinion, of course.

That'll be the same Ejaria who helped us into the Europa League group stages and Coulibaly, who barely started after January?

The talent's there, it's obvious he has nice touch at times. I've critical of him sometimes, but the context is very important; he needs to be given time. I think if he ups his effort and improves his decision making at crucial times he may well come good; he has the potential to do well. Again, I'd rather we loaned him for two seasons.

The reaction to this boy is what I find most frustrating about FF.

There are enough threads moaning that people won’t shoot, but Ojo will get slagged off for just cutting inside and shooting.
Naturally we ignore ‘stats’ when the reality is that his goals scored and assists is on target to easily beat Kent and Candeias combined from last season.

Why don’t we just accept he is on loan, not used to playing against packers defences, learning what it is like to play in front of 50,000 impatient sods, learning what it is like to be permanently assaulted by Scottish defenders with no referee protection, and let him play and see where he gets to?

He’s not an all action presence, I get that but he has to do more to help Tav out.

His positioning is erratic to say the least. Tav is constantly telling him to be down the line.

I think he’ll get there eventually but it’s just the mentality of these academy players.

Having just watched the highlights on you tube. Anyone giving the big man a hard time I would maybe go and have another look. Plays a part in the corner with a flick on to Morelos and then a part in Barker's goal. Also numerous chances we have comes from him. Personally didn't think it at the game but these tell me something different

He’s not an all action presence, I get that but he has to do more to help Tav out.

His positioning is erratic to say the least. Tav is constantly telling him to be down the line.

I think he’ll get there eventually but it’s just the mentality of these academy players.

Mate I don't agree to be honest. Where we sit we have a great few of Tav and whoever plays in front. Tav tends to keep the ball far too long for men then when a player does want to go long he hits 1st man. That's candeias and ojo all took stick when playing Infront of Tav. I'm not saying Tav is poor but his distribution does need a lot of work

Back