Just Watched The Highlights

Vote For Pedro

Reading a lot of we struggled to brake them down and other teams will be the same. Have to say I disagree, Morelos could have had a hat trick before half time! Another day one of those chances goes in, yes Livi parked the bus and other teams will too, but we created enough. Maybe the finishing was not as clinical as it should be, if there’s an area to be worked on it’s there.

Reading a lot of we struggled to brake them down and other teams will be the same. Have to say I disagree, Morelos could have had a hat trick before half time! Another day one of those chances goes in, yes Livi parked the bus and other teams will too, but we created enough. Maybe the finishing was not as clinical as it should be, if there’s an area to be worked on it’s there.

You're right in that we did have chances and, for a player of the quality of Morelos, the main chance he passed up was a sitter. At the very least he should be making the keeper work.

I think the overall concern was the lack of quick play and urgency. Thankfully their penalty sprung us into life and our tempo increased considerably. Last season I think that could well have been points dropped.

You're right in that we did have chances and, for a player of the quality of Morelos, the main chance he passed up was a sitter. At the very least he should be making the keeper work.

I think the overall concern was the lack of quick play and urgency. Thankfully their penalty sprung us into life and our tempo increased considerably. Last season I think that could well have been points dropped.
I agree with that. The slow play I read and last

I agree with that. The slow play I read and last season we’d have probably drawn at most. Shouldn’t need a rocket up the arse to get going!

This "last season we would have dropped points" is a very cliché term and we're only 5 league games in....

100% m8, Morelos is not the player he's cracked up to be . Still very raw and misses a lot of sitters imo, his blast over the bar after a nice move in the first half should be a side footer low inside the post.

It’s all about getting that early goal. We started positively and with a sense of urgency. If we took one of he chances during that time it ends up being a completely different game.

It's called highlights for a reason......you could have had a two minute clip of about 4 or 5 defensive %^*& ups too.

This "last season we would have dropped points" is a very cliché term and we're only 5 league games in....

I'm basing my thoughts on games last season and not this one. We got a reaction from the players yesterday after they scored, there were many games last season when we didn't get the same reaction including away to Livingston.

That being said I'm not sure how it would have played out if the horrendous mistake by Halliday wasn't rescued by the officials.

Yeah, I agree with that. They can’t all go in but Alfredo has to be more clinical.

He had two great chances and two that were better than 1/2 chances. I think at least one of those has to go in.

100% m8, Morelos is not the player he's cracked up to be . Still very raw and misses a lot of sitters imo, his blast over the bar after a nice move in the first half should be a side footer low inside the post.

I’ve still to see the rerun of the game but my recollection is he missed two very good chances first half, the one you rightly point out and the header he didn’t connect with properly.

But his overall leadership in the second half, as well as the winning goal ?

To me he’s a great footballer.

It's called highlights for a reason......you could have had a two minute clip of about 4 or 5 defensive %^*& ups too.

I watched the full game last night knowing the score. It gives a totally different perspective to the performance and how the game played out as there is no nervousness and everything that doesnt come off doesnt get cursed.

We were fine first half and dominated against a deep defence, should have done better with some chances and may well have had a penalty for a foul on Morelos.

Second half the game was much more open and we scored 3, and again should have had more.

One area of concern is that we have one clean sheet in 5 league games.

I'm basing my thoughts on games last season and not this one. We got a reaction from the players yesterday after they scored, there were many games last season when we didn't get the same reaction including away to Livingston.

That being said I'm not sure how it would have played out if the horrendous mistake by Halliday wasn't rescued by the officials.
Poor decision making by Halliday but it was a definite push in the back

I’ve still to see the rerun of the game but my recollection is he missed two very good chances first half, the one you rightly point out and the header he didn’t connect with properly.

But his overall leadership in the second half, as well as the winning goal ?

To me he’s a great footballer.
Morelos is a figurehead at the top half of the pitch Grigo . Agree . Thankfully we did not sell him.

Nobody wants to admit it but that’s why there weren’t any £20m bids for Alfie.

He’s a very good player, works like an ox, causes all sorts of problems for defenders and is capable of the odd moment of brilliance, but he’s still prone to snatching at chances like that when against better opponents, e.g. Feyenoord, he may not get any better.

We always create chances. We never finish a game without creating decent chances.

Sometimes we’re just not clinical enough, especially in games against opponents who sit back and chances are fewer.

That’s our main issue.

It was a weird, weird game.

I could genuinely have been in goals for us in the first half and had a clean sheet, they were no threat whatsoever.

What a load of shit, every stiker misses chances, the best go back for more and don’t let their heads go down, and that’s exactly what he did.

Said at the time and the clip proves it, the low shot would easily have been covered.
No doubt about it for me.
The missed header though!
He really needs some coaching on his heading.

Looked like we played a lot better than I remember being at the game. A number of chances we should be doing better with at 0-0.

It also highlights the amounts of chances Livingston had which is a worry for a team that sit in

It’s been said on numerous occasions, but the amount of times we pass up a chance for a shot at goal from 20/25 yards is abhorrent.

It won’t go down well on here, but Davis is the worst for it. He looks scared to have a dig, yet yesterday he could have hit two or three.

What a load of shit, every stiker misses chances, the best go back for more and don’t let their heads go down, and that’s exactly what he did.
He's still at Rangers for a reason , he's a work in progress who has loads of potential but miles off it first half yesterday imo.

Looked like we played a lot better than I remember being at the game. A number of chances we should be doing better with at 0-0.

It also highlights the amounts of chances Livingston had which is a worry for a team that sit in
It’s possible you are a nervous type then lol . Hang loose

Love the guy, he has the potential to be a star on a far bigger stage than Scotland but he really needs to improve his finishing, far too many very good chances are missed, some in important games.

I don’t get why there’s so much negativity around Morelos at times and many put him down.

Yes, he misses chances and he should have been more clinical. But what striker doesn’t?

At the end up he had a part in all 3 goals. I think he’s a great player.

I was at the game and it wasn’t comfortable by any stretch but Livingston just weren’t a threat. A strange game. Watching it again it looks much more of an easy game for us than it was.

We definitely need to shut up shop a bit more at the back and get a run on clean sheets.

Couldn't make the game yesterday because of a family bereavement, but looking at the highlights it could have easily been 5 or 6,but Livi could quite easily scored another goal too?

Not the player he’s cracked up to be?? How many big goals has he scored for us?? 21 years old and he’s the player we rely on to score the big goals

I didn't think we were at the races yesterday if im honest. A lot of comments saying 5/6 which i don't really agree with. It could also have gone very differently against us - their disallowed goal, I felt we got away with. They hit the bar & shagger wonder save from a shot in the box just after a corner. That was all at 1-1.

That said, I felt we should have had a penalty on Morelos first half (CD6 view) and not shown in highlights I watched. But that would have put a very different complexion on the game. Anyway, 3 points we ned someone to do us a favour against them asap.

We played alright in the first half, it was just our finishing letting us down. My concern is we looked all over the place at the back after the goal went in, we seemed to lose all composure and a bit of panic set in.

We did well to turn it around and deserved to win but against better opposition that performance would not have been good enough

What horrendous mistake? If you're talking about when he was shoved in the back shielding the ball about to play it then I think you'll find it wasn't a mistake it was a blatant foul

That's a clear penalty on Morelos after Arfield hits the bar.
I thought so.
It certainly was a ball that had broken in front of Morelos and as he attempts to go for it by leaping over a player on the ground, it is clear that the player then throws his feet in the air to stop his progress.

Back