Poll: Best center back at the club

Who is the best center back at the club?

• Katić

Votes: 245 55.2%
  • Goldson

Votes: 125 28.2%
  • Helander

Votes: 70 15.8%
  • Edmundson

Votes: 27 6.1%
  • McCrorie

Votes: 5 1.1%

• Total voters
I don't think we've seen enough to judge Helander or Edmunson yet. However, I'd say out of Katic and Goldson, Katic is the better defender.

I'd like to see more of Helander and Edmunson as I do think they both could be better than Goldson either. Which is nice as Goldson isn't bloody bad either.

Considering we have hardly seen 2 of them i don't see the point in this thread

Goldson is the best of the ones I’ve seen
Katic is the most in form of the ones I’ve seen
The other 2, I’ve no really seen

Goldson. It’s not even in question for me.
He’s a better all round player than Katic and the other 2 I’ve not seen enough to comment on.

Nice problem to have.

It’s not a whose worse for once

I don't think we've seen enough to judge Helander or Edmunson yet. However, I'd say out of Katic and Goldson, Katic is the better defender.

I'd like to see more of Helander and Edmunson as I do think they both could be better than Goldson either. Which is nice as Goldson isn't bloody bad either.
That wasn`t the question tho

Okay, I'm just saying I don't know enough about Helander or Edmundson to claim they are better than Goldson and Katic. No idea how anyone can say they do, unless they have been consistently watching Chievo/Peterborough for the last year.

If we had signed a well known centre half that everyone knew about in terms of their quality then fair enough but we can't say that here.

Goldson the better all round defender.

Katic stronger in the air and in the tackle but his positional sense if woeful at times.

We are fortunate to have four excellent centre halves

To the ones who say we don’t need four , take a look at Man City just now

Helander is the only full international of the four and with serie A experience I think he will have a big part to play shortly

Goldson because he’s the manager’s first pick and managers never show favouritism or make mistakes. While we’re at it, that Helander money should have been put towards securing Worral on a permanent deal.

ps. We’re very lucky to have 4 very good centre backs

Haven't seen enough of Helander or Edmundson to pass comment on them, but as much as I like Niko, I agree with our manager that Goldson is a superior all round central defender.

Very pleased with the four of them.I picked
Edmundson mainly because I see him becoming the best in the future.

Okay, I'm just saying I don't know enough about Helander or Edmundson to claim they are better than Goldson and Katic. No idea how anyone can say they do, unless they have been consistently watching Chievo/Peterborough for the last year.

If we had signed a well known centre half that everyone knew about in terms of their quality then fair enough but we can't say that here.

Chievo? Peterborough?

Mate the majority of your posts absolutely baffle me! Is Halliday still your pick for best left back at the club too?
[/
Out of the three left backs,yes it’s Andy for me.You have to understand people do have
difference of opinions.You really baffle me at times,but I do except your opinion.
Enjoy the win tonight ;)

Why are people voting for Helander and Edmundson? We have seen them in around 3 games so far in total.

Surely we should be basing this off of what WE have seen of them playing for Rangers.
You would think so bit people were sayong he was a guaranteed starter based on the same information they hold now

Goldson is the best overall centre-back at the Club, capable of consistently putting in good-to-excellent performances in a number of defensive schemes and roles.

Katic is the best siege defender, and is aerially dominant. He is invaluable in games where we do not dominate the ball and the territory.

Helander and Edmundson, it's too early to say. Though both impressed me with their distribution, and Helander likes to step out of defence.

It's a crazy poll as 2 of them have barely kicked a ball.

From what i've seen of Edmundson, I really like the look of the boy.

Wins every header, So calm and composed, Pings a ball about Left and Right as if he's a seasoned pro. Perfect in the tackle.

Couple of straight jackets required for the 2 posters that voted for McCrorie.

Incredible stuff.

Agreed , Bologna & Oldham it was.

I think both will turn out to be excellent for us and, as a youngster, Edmundson looks exceptionally promising though I agree we haven't seen much of either but I think, that apart, Goldson is the most accomplished CB .

Big Niko for me. I know hes young but I think hes a great CB. Hes had a few bad games i know but many more great that bad ones.

Its between Goldson and Katic, not much in it for me! I'd have maybe rested Goldson at the weekend to give Helander some much needed game time, thought Goldson looked knackered toward the end of last season.

Looks at though we have 4 great options, it's going to be hard to keep all 4 happy

Back