Lawwell and Lennon pay respects at Ibrox to Fernando

The way it should be - respect to the two of them.

It's very sad that it takes something like Fernando passing to unite football in Scotland albeit for a short time.

A nice touch. As said above, some things are bigger than a football rivalry. Lennon was very respectful in his comments too.

I found it difficult to read the other thread on Lennon when people descended into the usual rivalry and insults, but these moments really aren’t the time for that. Forget about what we all know about Lennon for a day, the fact is his comments were very respectful and to my ear, sounded very heart felt.

But remember he competed against Fernando directly, when you’re a relatively young man and you see that happen to another man you were a up and close to on a professional level, that’s surely got to affect you, and it certainly sounded like it affected Lennon.

People need to leave all the other shite at the door for a day, as someone else said, they didn’t have to do this but they did it, and it’s a nice mark of respect for a man who deserved it. These are instances where both clubs generally always do the right thing.

I found it difficult to read the other thread on Lennon when people descended into the usual rivalry and insults, but these moments really aren’t the time for that. Forget about what we all know about Lennon for a day, the fact is his comments were very respectful and to my ear, sounded very heart felt.

But remember he competed against Fernando directly, when you’re a relatively young man and you see that happen to another man you were a up and close to on a professional level, that’s surely got to affect you, and it certainly sounded like it affected Lennon.

People need to leave all the other shite at the door for a day, as someone else said, they didn’t have to do this but they did it, and it’s a nice mark of respect for a man who deserved it. These are instances where both clubs generally always do the right thing.
Very well said Sir.

Lennon seems genuinely cut up about Fernando's passing. I'm sure a lot of our and their players stayed quite near to each other around the early 2000's.

I might be chatting shit or just fabricating this in my mind right now but a small part of me says they used to drink together?

It’s good to see this happening and as much as I want them gubbed on the pitch every time, I hate some of the crap of the pitch and would prefer there was less aggression and hatred.
Fernando’s death as much as it is beyond awful has brought out the decency amongst football fans. Even if one fan acts like a nasty bastard on social media, remember how many have behaved with decency.

When greats from both sides passed away, the likes of Baxter, Johnstone, Jardine and McNeill, it was really obvious the professional respect and warmth the players from the other side had for them.

There are countless things I despise about the 2 individuals involved here, but I am convinced Lennon's words about the tragic passing of Fernando Ricksen were genuine, and I think all decent Rangers fans appreciate the gesture being made here.

Very nice touch...

Pity about the moron trying to cause friction by claiming something was thrown at Lennon at the 45 second mark & also claiming that abuse was shouted.

The majority of Celtic fans have been respectful but you're always going to get idiots like that in any support.

There’s football, then there’s life.
Some fail to separate them.

Lennon and Lawell both spoke very very well about Fernando, Lennon seemed to be genuinely upset about it. 2 great rivals who I’m sure had a lot of respect for each other.

Well done to Lennon, Lawell, Celtic & in fact a lot of Scottish clubs for their condolences. Pretty sure I saw a tweet from Stoke City as well

Back