Porto being done for racist chanting last night

buffalosoldier

Disciplinary proceedings have been opened following the UEFA Europa League group stage match between FC Porto and BSC Young Boys (2-1), played on 19 September in Portugal.

Charges against FC Porto:
- Racist behaviour (chants) – Art. 14 of the UEFA Disciplinary Regulations

The UEFA Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body will deal with this case at its next meeting on 26 SEPTEMBER

Not sure if they have previous for this. Their next home game will be against us if there's any sanctions

Ju62ueA.gif

:mad:

Last time they seem to have been done for this was 2012 according to google. That's seems to be wiped out after 10 games, if that is correct they will get a partial ground closure. Hopefully or we have a problem.

Anyone know any good pubs in Porto?

Head to Casa Guedes, hot pork and cheese sandwich, fries and beer at a locals place. Owner is a rude dick but the sandwiches are worth putting up with the arsehole. Nobody speaks English so unless you speak a bit of Portuguese you'll need to point and use yer fingers.

Be interesting how the Scottish Media would report it if our players were racially abused when we are over there.

It would probably be a small footnote after the leading headline

"Bigot McGregor Wears Orange Top in Catholic Country"

Mental that they could get the same punishment as we got for the billy boys for literally monkey chanting at the Young boys striker
It is an ill-fitting law that shoehorns a song emerging from a genuine football rivalry with so many culturally related local nuances, that itself inside the genre of football pre-dates the very existence of UEFA, into the same bracket as racism in the modern context of that particular idiom.

The truth is, standing up in a football stadium and singing at an international match, 'If you hate the fckn English clap your hands' is to my minds a more blatant and naked a matter of intended 'racist' behaviour, than any cultural song that is widely misunderstood and misrepresented, for purely political gain and used to manipulate the ignorance of such issues inside UEFA, by an organisation that is steeped in biased behaviour and intends selfish mischief rather than general good.

Last edited:
Quite concerning given we have a few black players in our team, If they start that shite over there against any of our players then they should just walk off the pitch.

Imagine if it was to be played behind closed doors and there's 2/3k rangers fans already booked up!
surely that cant happen? i mean people work hard to be able to afford do this and surely any stadium ban would have to be pre arranged before any away fans book up.

surely that cant happen? i mean people work hard to be able to afford do this and surely any stadium ban would have to be pre arranged before any away fans book up.
They done it with ra Gers fans already buying tickets for the Legia home game. If they want the stadium shut they will shut it. Plus would be a kick in the stains to us but a reckon fare/uefa wouldn’t mind that more punishment someone there has it in for us big time

They done it with ra Gers fans already buying tickets for the Legia home game. If they want the stadium shut they will shut it. Plus would be a kick in the stains to us but a reckon fare/uefa wouldn’t mind that more punishment someone there has it in for us big time
but away fans and in another country who have paid out loads would be no negative to the home team. in fact, it would benefit them.
terrible if that happens.

Did they not close the San Siro when we played Inter. As we all know UEFA are a law unto themselves. It really wouldn't surprise me for them to close a stand or part of a stand a Porto. There is only one club that would never have any closures.

It is an ill-fitting law that shoehorns a song emerging from a genuine football rivalry with so many culturally related local nuances, that itself inside the genre of football pre-dates the very existence of UEFA, into the same bracket as racism in the modern context of that particular idiom.

The truth is, standing up in a football stadium and singing at an international match, 'If you hate the fckn English clap your hands' is to my minds a more blatant and naked a matter of intended 'racist' behaviour, than any cultural song that is widely misunderstood and misrepresented, for purely political gain and used to manipulate the ignorance of such issues inside UEFA, by an organisation that is steeped in biased behaviour and intends selfish mischief rather than general good.

The precedent has been set and TBB has been classified to be in the same catagory of behaviour as monkey chants. That needs to sink in and futile arguments based on personal opinion ('to my mind') are not going to change that. We may not agree with the ruling or its justification, but we do know the potential harm to the club. We need to stop trying to win an argument that has been lost and ensure we don't hinder the club's progress.

Did they not close the San Siro when we played Inter. As we all know UEFA are a law unto themselves. It really wouldn't surprise me for them to close a stand or part of a stand a Porto. There is only one club that would never have any closures.

Apart from when they played Atletico Madrid in 1984. A crowd of 200, comprising Directors and Journalists

Quite concerning given we have a few black players in our team, If they start that shite over there against any of our players then they should just walk off the pitch.
Yep absolutely with you in this it would make a statement? Uefa wouldn’t dare fine us for it as they would look utterly ridiculous and would be condemned from all angles.
That said Cagliari have just escaped punishment for their fans disgusting chants to lukaku. Can’t get my head around what’s up with these khunts at all

I'm sure similar situations have happened in the past. Wasn't the Serbia v northern Ireland game closed doors but with away fans as they had booked before the ban.

Our game in Milan was different as the ban was already in place

They are quick with that charge which makes you wonder why did ours take so long. Hmmmm stitch up

Dinamo Tbilisi were given a stadium closure at 6 days notice in the qualifiers against Feyenoord

UEFA don't care if it is disputes people plans

Anyone know the actual nature of the song and the reasons behind singing them ?

Dinamo Tbilisi were given a stadium closure at 6 days notice in the qualifiers against Feyenoord

UEFA don't care if it is disputes people plans
Dont agree with stadium bans at all,ut surely if doing so you should not penalise the away support.
Additionally partial closures only impact clubs that fill their stadium regularly and for many European teams that don't a partial closure has zero impact.

The precedent has been set and TBB has been classified to be in the same catagory of behaviour as monkey chants. That needs to sink in and futile arguments based on personal opinion ('to my mind') are not going to change that. We may not agree with the ruling or its justification, but we do know the potential harm to the club. We need to stop trying to win an argument that has been lost and ensure we don't hinder the club's progress.
I agree, there is no way back for this song.
My point ... and yes there is an element of whataboutery in it, and why not, ...justice is either equal and even or it is no justice at all, is that the selective imposition of these football laws are open to huge abuse, so much so that they could alter the course of a sporting competition.

UEFA in allowing such justice to be applied by a group that do not seem to be transparently accountable and who carry out their monitoring in such an adhoc manner is a recipe for injustice and a corruption of the fair play aspect of a sporting competition.

As for the Scottish press and the SFA, they should keep their mouths shut until they can gag the Tartan Army's blatant anti-English racism (in this case the racism word has some proper traction).

I don't know what chants abound around the world in international football when nations with rivalries are up against each other, but I suspect there must be a few that would have TBB pale in comparison.

Even if it’s a stadium closure you’d think the authorities, police etc would rather have the bears all in the stadium and easy to manage rather than spending more time in the pubs and the square

Back