Grezda won’t play for Rangers again

Usually all this “sack him” talk is pointless

But imo surely spitting on or at an opponent is gross misconduct? There may be some employment lawyer out there who’ll tell me I’m talking shite but

Gerrard said: “Grezda has been told face-to-face what his situation is. He’s been advised to find a different challenge for himself.

“His representation is aware of that. But we’re trying to be respectful and give him game time to keep his fitness levels up.

“There are still a few markets and windows open around the world that might suit him so we’re trying to be respectful. But if you behave in that manner then you won’t represent this club any level.

“Just to be respectful, to keep his fitness up in case there’s a move in one of the niches in the market that are still open.

“We’re trying to be respectful but no-one behaves like that and wears the Rangers shirt so there will be a disciplinary situation. We will address it internally. But I need to sit down and speak face-to-face and get the player’s version of events.

“I’ve had some witness version of it so I’m aware of what’s gone on. We will deal with it internally but it’s something that I’m not happy with at all. There is no place for it on a football pitch, if he’s guilty of it.”

He's done at Ibrox.

Steven Gerrard has told spit shame star Eros Grezda he isn’t fit to wear the shirt and will never kick a ball for Rangers again.

The Ibrox boss has spoken of his disgust after the Albanian was accused of gobbing at Ballymena defender Andrew Burns.

Rangers’ misfit winger was turning out for the club’s colts in their 1-0 Tunnock’s Cup victory against the Irish League outfit on Wednesday.

The ugly incident led to angry exchanges between Grezda and Ballymena skipper Jim Ervin before Greg Docherty, Graeme Murty and Mark Hateley all offered an unreserved apology to Sky Blues boss David Jeffrey and his squad.

Grezda was immediately substituted and although he has been playing reserve football to maintain his fitness ahead of a proposed move, furious Gerrard is ready to withdraw that privilege.

He said: “Grezda has been told face-to-face what his situation is. He’s been advised to find a different challenge for himself and his representation is aware of that.

“We’re trying to be respectful and give him game time to keep his fitness levels up as there are still a few markets and windows open around the world that might suit him.

“However, if you behave in that manner you won’t represent this club any level. No one behaves like that and wears the Rangers shirt so there will be a disciplinary situation.”

Grezda has flopped since his £1.5million move from Osijek last season and has started only seven games, scoring twice, all in the last campaign.

He was already on the way out before this latest controversy. Gerrard declined to say at this stage the form any disciplinary action from the club would take.

He added: “I need to sit down and speak face-to-face and get the player’s version of events.

“I’ve had some witness version of it so I’m aware of what’s gone on. We will deal with it internally but it’s something I’m not happy with at all.

"There is no place for it on a football pitch, if he’s guilty of it.”

Jeffrey praised Murty and club ambassador Hateley for their handling of the incident, as well as Docherty, who entered the Ballymena dressing room after the match to offer an apology on behalf of the Rangers players.

Jeffrey said: “I know the Rangers people were embarrassed by what happened and felt let down. For us, the matter is over.”

Has played right into the clubs hands by spitting at an opponent but not sure we would be able to sack him for GM without an ET claim coming from him. I don’t want to give this lad one single more penny if we are not getting a transfer fee back in from our investment.

It’s clear that this is going to cost us a few quid.
Clubs are hardly going to be queuing up and we’re not in a position of strength.

Although he probably deserves to be fucked about in the youths etc, I hope we just bite the bullet and pay him off quick-get him to f.uck and avoid the negativity that seeps into things when you have a player like that in the squad.

Mmmm Let's stick with him. There's a player in there somewhere. He was brilliant for Albania v somebody or other. And on and on and on.

A disaster of a signing. I say that as someone who thought... There... was... a ... player etc!

Last pay off.

I believe we should be better in recruiting players who will be of value and be able to move players on without paying them off, yes.

Whether it is the case or not, I don’t know. We should certainly be aspiring to not signing shit shows like Grezda going forward, that’s for sure.

I believe we should be better in recruiting players who will be of value and be able to move players on without paying them off, yes.

Whether it is the case or not, I don’t know. We should certainly be aspiring to not signing shit shows like Grezda going forward, that’s for sure.
Agree 100%

Vile b astard for spitting on an opponent.

Hopefully we rid ourselves of this creature,a financial loss but NEVER Rangers class on and off the field.

Back