St Johnstone on Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miroku

After last night's result and performance we are back to domestic duty and it's a game I'm quite nervous about.

It's a ground we have struggled on in recent season's and we can't afford anymore slip ups because they will trounce Kilmarnock. Tavernier, Davis, Arfield and Morelos all looked knackered come full time and I expect a fair few changes.

The type of game any kind of win will do. I'd line up;

McGregor
Tavernier Goldson Helander Barisic
King Jack Aribo
Ojo Defoe Barker

Nervous for this too, we need to win, anything less is not acceptable.

McGregor
Tav Goldson Helander Barisic
Kamara Jack Aribo
Ojo Defoe Barker

I'd start King on Wednesday though

I think Tavernier looked injured at the end of the game last night. Watched him walking off shaking his head a wee bit with a slight limp. I reckon he must be a doubt.

Think we would be wise to have arfield on bench, he put in so much hard work last night.

Aribo to start for me.

Can’t wait for it still buzzing after last night and also gave up now worrying about who is starting now as we have a quality squad and quite happy with whoever starts with one exception Morelos needs to start every league game , if he needs a rest take him off after 60 or miss out the cup games

We should be full strength in the league at all times and rotating for Europe and cups. So as strong a team on sunday as possible barring injuries

Leave it to SG who will be fully aware of fitness levels (or lack of) following Feyenoord and will play the strongest team possible !

I'd play the same team as last night except Aribo, in for Kamara.

Get the game won then make changes.

This is where the backroom team need to earn their corn, anyone showing dip in performance after games need to be replaced. Constantly asking some of our regular starters to go to the well will cost us in the long run.

We need to use our squad more, three points on Sunday is a must.
This is where mangers become top managers

I’d rest Arfield and Goldson. Morelos needs to start, we can bench him on Wednesday against Livingston.

McGregor

Tavernier
Katić/Edmundson
Helander
Barišić

Jack
Davis
Aribo

Ojo
Barker

Morelos

McGregor
Tavernier Goldson Herlander Barisic
Aribo Davis Jack
Arfield Morelos Ojo

Midweek

Foderingham
Polster Edmundson Katic Halliday
Kamara King Docherty
Barker Defoe Murphy*

Greegsy

Tav
Borna
Katic
Helander

Jack
King
Davis
Aribo

Alfie
Barker

Subs
Fods
Goldson
Kamara
Defoe
Halliday
Ojo
Docherty

Rest Scotty arfield completely

McGregor
Tavernier Goldson Herlander Barisic
Aribo Davis Jack
Arfield Morelos Ojo

Midweek

Foderingham
Polster Edmundson Katic Halliday
Kamara King Docherty
Barker Defoe Murphy*
No way would I play that side in the league cup game they gave us a tough time only a week ago and it’s on their plastic pitch. We need as strong a first 11 as we can get on wed night

For St Johnstone I’d keep the changes to 3 at most.

McGregor
Tav Goldson Katic Barisic
Kamara Davis Aribo
Ojo Morelos Barker

We need to stop rotating Morelos, he is the best player in the league and needs to start every game that he is available for.
Ran himself into the ground on Thursday imo.I'd bring Defoe then play Morelos in cup midweek and against the sheep next weekend.League cup is bigger for us this season than previous years as we really need to start winning trophies again.

We need to stop rotating Morelos, he is the best player in the league and needs to start every game that he is available for.
Morelos and Defoe have played almost same number of minutes in the league with the same goal return.

As good as is Morelos is we can't expect him to play every game

Although they are second bottom, they won’t be easy to beat. They got caught cold on the first day of the season by the beggars, since then they have drawn with Hibs, Aberdeen and Livingston, and lost 1-0 to an improving Kilmarnock last week. Keep up Thursdays form and there won’t be a problem, but they will sit deep and invite us to break them down, another frustrating 90 minutes ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back