St Johnstone on Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
St Johnstone are pish.

Said that about livi and they gave is huge problems at Ibrox with a full strength team.

St j drew with livi so similar level.

Dont think will wholesale changes.

Strong starting 11, try to get 2 goal lead then make changes and rest players.

We must play our best team available in every away fixture,regardless of the opposition.We simply cannot risk dropping points in fixtures like tomorrow.If we make 3 or4 changes tomorrow as some on here advocate there is every chance we will come away with a bloody nose.

Said that about livi and they gave is huge problems at Ibrox with a full strength team.

St j drew with livi so similar level.

Dont think will wholesale changes.

Strong starting 11, try to get 2 goal lead then make changes and rest players.
They have 3 points from 5 games mate.

The filth took 7 off them, we should be looking to give them a bit of a doin.

No way would I play that side in the league cup game they gave us a tough time only a week ago and it’s on their plastic pitch. We need as strong a first 11 as we can get on wed night

Absolutely. In that competition we are three wins away from lifting our first major trophy since 2011. The League Cup is massive for us this season.

We rest players at our peril.

I think Tavernier looked injured at the end of the game last night. Watched him walking off shaking his head a wee bit with a slight limp. I reckon he must be a doubt.

Think we would be wise to have arfield on bench, he put in so much hard work last night.

Aribo to start for me.
A Livvi thug caught him on the Achillies on Sunday

Another tough game against club that hates us, will raise their performance a hundred-fold and will be very well organised to frustrate us. All that matters is a win not entertainment.

McGregor
Tavernier Katic Helander Barisic
King Davis Aribo
Ojo Morelos Barker

Defoe and Edmundson to get a start on Wednesday.

You'd think it was April and we were 50 odds games into a season going by some of the chat in regards to players being tired and needing a rest, rotated.

Gerrard puts out a weaker team in either the league or league cup and we lose, then the ones wanting 5/6/7 changes will be the first to complain.

We should field a strong team. Get ourselves two or three up and then decide who gets a rest.

And definitely Alfie to start. He’s our main attacking threat, he gets us goals and is the go to man when we need somebody to hold the play. I think all the Hokey Cokey stuff with him and JD is affecting his form, he’s been a bit flat at times this season. I love Jermaine Defoe but AM’s the man.

If we play with Thursday’s intensity we should really annihilate this lot.

You'd think it was April and we were 50 odds games into a season going by some of the chat in regards to players being tired and needing a rest, rotated.

Gerrard puts out a weaker team in either the league or league cup and we lose, then the ones wanting 5/6/7 changes will be the first to complain.

Very few want up to 7 changes but you can't play a high pressing game without making regular changes. The days of Ritchie, Shearer, Caldow are long gone my friend.

This is the type of fixture we need to deliver in. No European hangover, slow, lacking creativity etc. Get at them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back