Match Thread St Johnstone v Rangers - 12:15 Sunday - BT Sports

This is like watching a re-run of the Livingston first half. McGregor to the rescue despite our total dominance.

Our lack of penetration in the final third has become a thing.

Definitely trying to get through this without expending too much energy.

We might have the possession but it’s been pretty easy for them so far. They know they’ll need to defend, we need to up our play.

We’ve been piss poor so far and i’ve had this strange feeling prior to kick off that the wee shite o,halloran would get a goal or be a constant menace and that was too close for comfort, can’t believe Katic is dropped again least he knows how to head a ball and wouldn’t have been out muscled by Stevie May like Helander was.

We need more from Aribo . He’s once again flattering to deceive after looking like a world beater in his first few matches . Come on big man finger out

Ojo and Barker are offering nothing so far.

Ojo has been been our most threatening attacker. This really isn’t a game for Barker in my option, he’s quite limited in games like this where the opposition is compact and there’s little to no space.

Too lethargic.

For all our possession we should be camped in there last 25. At no point does it look like a goal is inevitable.

Same pish as it’s been all season, Hibs and European games aside. It’s as if we are waiting on something to magically happen instead of going out and making something happen.

It is almost as if people forget that we play, week in and week out, against sides that have no interest in playing football and are only interested in making things as difficult as possible.

Rangers have never, not once, in my life just turned up and won easy game after game after game. From Smith and Advocaat to Eck and Gerrard we have had week after week and month after month of watching a team try to play football against a team trying to get football stopped.

So long as we get the 3 points and move forwards, we need to accept that we will not simply steamroller teams that want %^*& all to do with the game.

Barker is simply not good enough, no skill to get past a player, can’t cross, positional sense poor, runs like a freak-show.
Very much in the “run in a straight line” michael o'halloran club

Back