Match Thread St Johnstone v Rangers - 12:15 Sunday - BT Sports

Midfield are missing.. davis hardly mentioned. Sorry but aribo and ojo will not do,and barker is barking... and ill say it but i fear theres a mistake in goldson

Absolutely dire tosh again, we cannot go through season starting games like this, the wheels are going to come off eventually.

Decent first 10 minutes but brutal after that. Don't know how many times we need to struggle to create anything against teams like this through the middle before Gerrard gets it that Jack and Davis is far too passive in midfield. It's St Johnstone ffs not Feyenoord. Also Barker looks pish, been given two horrible offside calls but he looks like he lacks the ability on the ball to do anything but run down the wing and hope for the best, compare him to someone like Kent or Jones who can change direction, go inside or outside at the same pace, Barker looks like he isn't capable of it and if he tries it gets taken off him

This is SO bad .

Games like this cost you titles ,goldson is shocking .

Don’t win today and the title is gone ,bookmark me on it .

The 30 st Johnstone fans will be happy with the first half.
Shocking turnout
Another turgid away performance for 45 minutes.

This is why we’ll be nowhere near winning the league at the end of the season. We might get a winner today but we can’t keep playing this poorly and getting away with it.
this is how I see it. We’re not creating enough that’s the truth. Things need to change really soon or we can forget winning the league for yet another season

Same old
If Alfie scores that then we’d have been 2 maybe 3 up at half time

Now we are getting to the point of encouraging them into the game and they’ll use O’Hallorans pace for a breakaway

Shocking first half. Need to change something, get Defoe on with Morelos. I haven't seen anything from Barker that suggests he is better than Hastie or Middleton.

A recurring theme against these teams is we dont shoot enough. You dont you dontscore. Unfortunately I think it's going to take a negative result before we realise this.

That was a chronic first half. So slow paced and playing into st Johnstone hands. Not sure where a goal is coming from on that display.

Again we’re 45 mins away
From the league being done by the end of sept . I just understand our lack of intensity against diddy teams

That was horrendous stuff, totally devoid of any quality.

Don't know where the inspiration is going to come from but three points is an absolute must here.

Yet another turgid away game, which is becoming the norm. We could've been a goal down but for McGregor and it's worrying. We have plenty of the ball but there's little going right in the final third. There needs to be some serious arse kicking in the dressing room because this isn't good enough so far.

I don't understand the professional mentality that you need your arse handed to you at half-time to start playing better? Joke. And it's not the odd game here and there.

Barker has been piss poor 1st half and we have no attacking threat from midfield aribo has been poor he needs to get further forward ,we just look so pedestrian at times no urgency

Dreadful performance. We just don’t have enough attacking threat through the middle. Not enough movement.

Felt we needed an early goal or we could roil after Thursday and we haven’t got it.

Tavernier whether he is injured or not is having another stinker.

Thank god we have Mcgregor.

Big 45 minutes coming up.

Usual performance away from home in the league. Lack of tempo, little creativity, and falling asleep allowing them the best chance of the game.

Big 45 coming up, as we simply can’t afford to drop points.

Lose today and they beat Killie, then I can't see us challenging for the title this season. We just can't kill teams off away from home like they do and where they rack up the points consistently. Its poor and shoddy professionalism from us.

Just like last season on the road and this season, but have managed to win, however, if we continue with this shite tempo and play we will drop points again.

Absolutely garbage.
Once again Gerrard sitting on his backside watching this under par performance yet for European games he is totally hyped up.

Just like last season it's clear he rates Europe as a higher priority than the league in my opinion

I’d take aribo off and get Defoe on. We need more numbers in the final third. Aribos just wanting to strut about playing 5 yard passes to the side. Not good enough.

Another one of these turgid performances where we are all over them but going nowhere fast.

And then we need a good save from AM to keep us level.

And I'm not having any tiredness from Thursday nonsense. There's a few of them haven't broken out of a walk out there.

C'mon Rangers, get the feckin finger out.

Ojo, Barker and Aribo need to be showing up for jack and davis more. Looked like Aribo took the huff and disappeared.

Can see King replacing Aribo soon at this rate.

The simple truth is we lack enough players with sufficient quality to make the difference in games like these.

Aribo has been more or less anonymous again, Ojo and Barker don’t offer enough pace or skill.

Back