Match Thread St Johnstone v Rangers - 12:15 Sunday - BT Sports

Too many players pedestrian today. Aribo is waiting for everything to come to him and our decision making in the last third is rank rotten again. Morelos should have played in Ojo right at the start of the game and theres a good chance we would be one up. What happened to the Aribo that played in the early Euro qualifying? We can't keep playing Arfield every game as we will burn him out. Backsides need kicked at half time.

Very poor first half, no movement, being shut down and fouled whenever we get close to their box, Scottish football is abysmal to watch at times.

is that tav suffering from a groin injury the pundits saying? Get him off kit surprised he’s been played too much is pollster on the bench?

It really worries me the lack of attacking options in the central midfield all our midfielders are to safe on the ball we dont have anyone who can take the ball centrally and run at a defence

We cannot afford to drop any more points - we are already trailing the bheasts by 5pts. If we draw, or god forbid, lose this game and they win against Killie, we will be 7 or possibly 8pts adrift and still in the month of Sept.

When we have a lot of possession but struggle to break teams down I’d like to see us try 4-2-4 and play a little more direct. Go with Defoe and Morelos. Take Aribo off and get the ball forward more quickly.

Tempo is walking pace, Goldson is honking, Tav is an accident waiting to happen,Alfie’s decision making needs to improve, twice a simple pass or cut back would have seen us score. Aribo is powder puff for such a big guy, Ojo flatters to deceive, Barker is clearly off the pace.

I have to question why the manager is so fucking stubborn in regard to Katic, he brings stability and urgency to our defensive play. Further how can he just sit there and accept this performance, he should have been changing things twenty mins in as it was clear we were toiling.

He will never win us a league title with this style of play, favouritism and focus on Europe, winning the title should be absolutely paramount to our season. The champions league riches and stopping the filth win their faux ten are absolutely critical going forward!

Gerrard putting that to bed though so are you honestly accusing Gerrard of telling lies?
Gerrard is highly accomplished at not telling the truth.
Remember him denying Flanagan was coming in as he was signing.....

I agree Goldson and Tavernier haven't played well, but the number of posts targeting them amazes me.

St Johnstone have had 1 chance, which was down to Helander outmuscled. Goldson has done nothing wrong defensively which is his job.
Tavernier looks injured to me, he should come off for his own good.

But the criticism today should be middle to front, that's where we have been slack and passive.

I know I'll get slaughtered on here because of his fan club but Tavernier is an ordinary full back. Bailed out again by Shagger and another after you Claude moment earlier in the half. Barker, Aribo getting slaughtered on this thread but Tavernier has been poor again.

we seem to be missing creativity in midfield, we could easily switch to a 4-2-3-1 and play greg stewart in the number 10 role, i thought that was the whole point in signing him?!

We cannot afford to drop any more points - we are already trailing the bheasts by 5pts. If we draw, or god forbid, lose this game and they win against Killie, we will be 7 or possibly 8pts adrift and still in the month of Sept.

Or at 2.45 today we could be level with them.
Plenty time yet-let’s hope it’s one of these days that end up much better than it looked.

If Rangers play anything like they can for the next 45 we’ll be fine.
Come on the bears.

The concerning thing for me is we seem to have developed a wee team attitude . Raise our game for big games( esp Europe) and let it drop for domestic games.
It suggests we will struggle to win titles and cups if too many of our players are like this.

Back