Match Thread St Johnstone v Rangers - 12:15 Sunday - BT Sports

Why can't we get an early goal against garbage like this??

Really good question it’s not like it doesn’t happen every week yet we look clueless whilst in Europe we look so much more capable. Frustrating isn’t strong enough.

I have said it before many times, why do we not shoot from outside the box ? This would force players to come out and block leaving space to exploit. Until we do this we will never come to terms with park the bus sides. "Them" do this and that is why they hammer sides like this and why we will always struggle against them. All we do is try to walk the ball into the net and that's exactly what these team expect.

This has to be the tactics of management. For two seasons now these tactics haven't been successful. Rinse repeat, we are wandering into Loaf territory. Soul destroying to watch.

We cannot afford to drop any more points - we are already trailing the bheasts by 5pts. If we draw, or god forbid, lose this game and they win against Killie, we will be 7 or possibly 8pts adrift and still in the month of Sept.

We aren’t 5 points behind.

Bill Young from Rocksport was spouting that Katic and Goldson had words in training.
It seemed to have been dismissed without comment but we have not seen Niko since.

It wasnt dismissed, they all said Bill was talking shite but was he really.

If Tav is injured get him off. I know Gerrard Is terrified of making changes but we need to change things up.

We really miss Candeilas in games like this, at the very least he would be on top of the full back chasing him down. His end product wasn’t great but let’s be honest it was no worse than Ojo, Barker or Aribo

We are far too tactically predictable - jack and Davis far too deep...need one of them to be further forward.

Ever since the Celtic game Aribo seems lost as to what his role is - he was much further up earlier in season...now he is in no mans land.

Ps the gaffer mustn’t fancy Andy King at all

Teams like this are finding it far too easy to disrupt our play and it's all down to our own tempo.

We might start the second half with a bit more urgency.
If not we're dropping points.

I know I'll get slaughtered on here because of his fan club but Tavernier is an ordinary full back. Bailed out again by Shagger and another after you Claude moment earlier in the half. Barker, Aribo getting slaughtered on this thread but Tavernier has been poor again.

Defence wise he might be ordinary.
Attack wise is miles and miles above ordinary, his assist figures since 2015 have proved that beyond any debate.

His touch has been out a bit since Legia Away, that’s when I noticed he wasn’t quite at his best and he hasn’t quite regained it yet, he will though.

Usual European hangover

St Johnstone playing like their lives depending on it strange how this effort wasnt seen when the mhanks beat them 7-0
No.doubt Kilmarnock will be half trying today as well and will ship 4-5 goals

Regarding us we really have to accept every team in the league is going to park the bus and try harder against us
We need to play better and try and turn pressure into goals
Today i cant see us scoriing today if we continue to play the way we are

We must have been really shite then.

You think he's been better than AM, Jack and even Ojo?

He'd done zero.
I don’t really think Morelos has had the service and I can see the argument for Ojo having pass marks but I don’t really think Jack has been anything special.

We cannot afford to drop any more points - we are already trailing the bheasts by 5pts. If we draw, or god forbid, lose this game and they win against Killie, we will be 7 or possibly 8pts adrift and still in the month of Sept.
We are trailing them by 3pts but if we lose and they win it will be six

Ojo and Aribo are a downgrade from last season on those performances in that 45. I haven’t yet seen anything consistently good from Aribo that makes me think he will become a stalwart for us...that 45 makes him look like the League One player he was last season.

Ojo is a downgrade on the Candieas Tav combo we had last year too! He won’t kick on from us to do anything meaningful in his career, he simply doesn’t have the heart to make the big time! Looks like an Ejaria type!

As I said on Thursday our middle to front is no where near clinical enough to win us big trophies or Titles....a very frustrating, lackadaisical and jaded looking performance in that first half!

Here’s hoping Gerrard kicks there arse into gear!!!

I agree Goldson and Tavernier haven't played well, but the number of posts targeting them amazes me.

St Johnstone have had 1 chance, which was down to Helander outmuscled. Goldson has done nothing wrong defensively which is his job.
Tavernier looks injured to me, he should come off for his own good.

But the criticism today should be middle to front, that's where we have been slack and passive.
The MOH chance was down to Tavernier switching off and not going with his man. All Helander did was lose a header!

Why can't we get an early goal against garbage like this??

Genuinely long for the day when we have what might be considered a routine win in the league.

Every single game is an absolute grind and we seem to make massively hard work of everything. Hibs maybe the exception but it was close for a long time.

Whit? Are the Tims getting 5 pts for a win now?

Back