Rangers got a couple of contentious decisions.

Have a look at the BBC live commentary. There is literally no mention of the most blatant hand-ball you will ever see, and numerous insinuations that the ball 'might have been' over the line despite the fact that it was never, at any point, over the line. Grim stuff.

The only potential game-changing controversial moment was us not getting a clear penalty.
Had that been given and we had scored to make it 3-0, we would most likely have gone on to record a cricket score.
It denied us a real goal feast, instead, we just got a goal feast

Two contentious decisions one went against us referee clear view of penalty 10 yards away and linesmen also had a clear view from an angle if that's not a penalty the rules must have changed again from start of season as no such thing in this years UEFA rule book as accidental hand ball in box and to make it worse wasn't even accidental .
Looks like one went for us Defoe looked offside .
No contention for the ball going over line reverse goal line camera shows the full ball never went over the line good decision by linesman no argument

I remember him getting booed all the way back in 2003 when playing for Dundee United. He's done nothing since to make it feel like we were being harsh.

This is why Scottish Football will always be terrible. If I’m a St Johnstone fan, I’m asking why half a dozen players ran to the linesman while the ball was still in play, instead of defending properly? But no, big bad Rangers wins the day, despite the ball not being over the line, and us not getting a stonewall penalty before it.

Make no mistake, the pressure is being piled on the officials already. The fact they are being so vocal about a decision which had absolutely no bearing on the outcome of the game means it flies in under the radar.
In a game where the only dodgy decision was a blatant handball in the box completely ignored, we are talking about a St Johnstone "goal" which was [correctly] not given and a marginally offside goal missed by a linesman which you see given week in, week out.

I demand answers as to why the penalty wasn't given.

Last edited:
It was 1-1 on poor decisions.
It was except one of them was blatant (the penalty) and the other (the offside) was very tight (but offside nonetheless) in injury time. Yet some seem to be able to spin this as us being on the lucky end of decisions. Weird. The “goal” shouldn’t be up for debate because it clearly wasn’t over the line.

It was except one of them was blatant (the penalty) and the other (the offside) was very tight (but offside nonetheless) in injury time. Yet some seem to be able to spin this as us being on the lucky end of decisions. Weird. The “goal” shouldn’t be up for debate because it clearly wasn’t over the line.

Agreed. The decision which could have effected the result more than any was the stonewall handball.

The TV still picture shows grass between the ball and the goal line but those who wish to claim 'it was over the line' deliberately forget that this is illusive because the ball is about 9 inches off the ground so from any angle other than from the corner flag / byeline any such claim is just ridiculous.

Predictions for tonight in the goon show starring Stewart and Thompson
1 Goldson pushed the defender to get in front of defender for second goal .So no goal
2 Penalty will not be shown so didn't happen,
3 St Johnston goal will only be shown at the angle which it does actually look like its over , view from along the line ignored . Goal
4 Defoe's goal should not stand as they should have got aforementioned goal
5 The editing team are working frantically from every angle possible for Alfie's goal to find an issue to say it should not have been given
5 Defoe's second offside no goal .
Final conclusion from the muppets ,St Johnston should have won 1-0

It’s facking tiring hearing this kind of bullshit after we win. Nobody else gets every decision scrutinised the way ours are. Then you have a so called Rangers man Dodds keep perpetuating the cheats/ Masonic referee bs.

Haha, 3 nil up , should have had a pen , and strolling.
If VAR was available, assuming we scored the pen, we would have won 4-0

There was one possibly contentious decision that went for Rangers and that was the offside call on Defoe for the 4th. Their goal wasn't in.

However, if he wants to pick out the contentious parts about the several incorrect offside calls whilst were in in good positions or the 100% stone wall penalty from the handball that should have been given.

I think Dodds is just too used to being bitter and looking for ways to be so.

Yeah and Dick Gordon was seething, how many times did he reference sportscene looking over it tonight like it's some sort of authority. Pathetic really. They never change. l had to miss the last bit of the game to go out so stuck it on in the car. Really Reminded me if why I avoid it at all costs.

Oh yeah and through all that there wasn't a mention of the handball. Absolute shower.

From the original camera angle it was maybe in maybe not. But the side angle its not even debatable its so fkkkin clear you can only see half the ball. This though doesn't suit the agenda of these cretins in the media despite clear evidence they will want everyone to believe Rangers got away with one. Fukk Em

Bring VAR in to strike a deal.
They can have a goal that clearly wasn't and we get a penalty that clearly was.

Back