Gerrard reaction

Aye, easily that. Way beyond our means.

What we've got, though, is absolute gold. A class bloke who has scored 14 goals in 30 games and who is an absolute credit and a brilliant influence on the team.

Oh, and he looks to be really loving his football.
Said it before, I'd give him another season once his loan is up if hes willing to drop to 20k or so a week. You quit simply can't replace that sort of finishing ability these days.

Said it before, I'd give him another season once his loan is up if hes willing to drop to 20k or so a week. You quit simply can't replace that sort of finishing ability these days.
£20K a week for JD playing, let's say, 20-30 minutes a game would be an absolute bargain. Not just his goals but his whole demeanor. Plus he always relied on positioning and anticipation so I'd have no worries about his legs going.

£20K a week for JD playing, let's say, 20-30 minutes a game would be an absolute bargain. Not just his goals but his whole demeanor. Plus he always relied on positioning and anticipation so I'd have no worries about his legs going.
Started a thread on that bro.

Gerrard is one of the best footballer speakers I have ever heard. He just talks so articulately about the game. It is a cliche but you could listen to him all day.

Yeah, Defoe is the consummate professional. He lives his life well.

Great to hear that Morelos is being taken under Defoe's wing.

Brings to mind an interview many years ago with Paolo Maldini, the brilliant AC leftback, saying he had many years after he retired to enjoy a glass of wine and go to parties but whilst still playing he owed it to both his club and himself to be in the best shape possible each week.

I will be honest I was not to keen on the Defoe signing believing he was past his best. I also felt the same when we signed the magnificent Ray Wilkins and fair to say I get ribbed often about that.

These above 3 are/were supreme professionals and their good habits should be the aim of any young player.

Defoe is a perfect example of a complete professional. We are so lucky to have him, a perfect example for Morelos to emulate if he does he’ll not go far wrong

Absolutely love Defoe. The guy is a class act and i dont think you'll find many people in football who have a bad word to say about the guy. He is a model professional and an excellent role model who's had a tremendous career, so happy he plays for Rangers.

Never had a drink. His work with young Bradley is something I'd love to see us build upon. Our support can fill a friendly anywhere in the UK.
Saw him with the wee lad on the pitch at full time yesterday. A lot of other professionals would ignore the lad or try to get a steward, JD walked off with his arm over his shoulder. Class.

Saw him with the wee lad on the pitch at full time yesterday. A lot of other professionals would ignore the lad or try to get a steward, JD walked off with his arm over his shoulder. Class.
Our players seem to love mingling with the younger fans and I really applaud that. Defoe must feel like he is in a career resurgence with our fans singing his name (Ooh Ah!) the way we do. He got a 2min rendition just for warming up yesterday.

Back