Thread About Celtic on Millwall Forum

Think some see it as a 'celt' thing.TBF I know a few Cardiff and they are Welsh/British.One of their forums, the lad who runs it wont say He supports a Scottish team(well last I heard)but He posted loads of things on the forum about the crowds at Ibrox when Rangers were in the low leagues.
He don't like Celtic :)) ..
There were a good few Cardiff in Manchester 2008

They have indeed mate, Justice for the 21 campaign. That 96 "friendly" jtc refers to vs Blues led to a famous battering of the unwashed across the city centre and the invasion of the Irish club in digbeth where they holed up, shame . Also at St Andrew's back in the day there was a strange call and response of "Rangers" "Celtic" amongst home fans, no idea why but the Rangers call was always ten times louder!
Was that not the game where Karen Brady went into the Birmingham fans and took the red hand flag of them?

Wonderful sight on the train into Cambuslang. Good to see the Royal Burgh keeping up traditions
You do know the history of the Rutherglen Town Hall Flag?

Up to the early 80’s it only flew on special occasions, like the Queen’s birthday, or a Royal Visit, or Remembrance Sunday or the Day of the Big Walk.

The mentally challengeds were always up in arms about the the UF being raised on the day of the Walk. To diffuse things the Liberal Councillor (Robert Brown, he is still the Councillor) suggested it flew every day instead of just special days.

Hence why it is now a 365 day a year flag. The mentally challengeds are now even more annoyed.

Up to the early 80’s it only flew on special occasions, like the Queen’s birthday, or a Royal Visit, or Remembrance Sunday or the Day of the Big Walk.

The mentally challengeds were always up in arms about the the UF being raised on the day of the Walk. To diffuse things the Liberal Councillor (Robert Brown, he is still the Councillor) suggested it flew every day instead of just special days.

Hence why it is now a 365 day a year flag. The mentally challengeds are now even more annoyed.

Yep knew all about this bud. Mr Brown seems the decent sort

Sad thing is they aren't, I was in Australia for 2 years recently and almost every English person under 30 had zero ill feeling towards them and a few surprisingly preferred them to Rangers.

I almost grew tired of explaining how much their scummy club actually hate all things Brittish and how little sense it makes to follow the tims
Eh ... wouldn't it be more reliable to ask English people in England?
I rarely meet an English football fan in London that has any time for them.
That has changed in the time that I have lived down here as people have been able to become better informed.

Sad thing is they aren't, I was in Australia for 2 years recently and almost every English person under 30 had zero ill feeling towards them and a few surprisingly preferred them to Rangers.

I almost grew tired of explaining how much their scummy club actually hate all things Brittish and how little sense it makes to follow the tims

Ex Pats in Australia that's a good barometer on how the English football fans think of our scummy neighbours

Yep, presume that she sent the stewards in rather than waded in herself on her kitten heels. It's a national flag FFS and there were the usual tricolours and rebel banners flying in the away end no doubt that day. No one took those away. Craven behaviour.
I'm pretty sure that she done it herself.

Got mixed feelings bout Millwall.

When we played em in the play-off final a couple of years ago, me and my lad accidentally walked into a pub in Victoria that had about 200 of em in there and my lad was in his Barnsley shirt. I thought sh!t what do I do now! But walked in went to the bar got drinks in and went and stood out of the way as I could in the packed pub. Got some of their fans coming up to us and talking - even having photos with us (some looked proper knucklers too!) Left on a positive note!

Half time a bunch of Millwall lads went half way round the top tier of Wembley to attack Barnsley fans who included women and kids!

I have difficulty reconciling the two events!

Anyway, like their views on Celtic mind!

They have indeed mate, Justice for the 21 campaign. That 96 "friendly" jtc refers to vs Blues led to a famous battering of the unwashed across the city centre and the invasion of the Irish club in digbeth where they holed up, shame . Also at St Andrew's back in the day there was a strange call and response of "Rangers" "Celtic" amongst home fans, no idea why but the Rangers call was always ten times louder!

In the 70's at Burden Park (Bolton) if the game was boring and had little away supporters, the Home fans would chant 'Rangers' or celtc - The Rangers always being the loudest .

I’ve lived in London for most of the past quarter of a century and have never met anyone English with a fondness for them who didn’t have a Yahoo or Irish background.

Most are indifferent to the Old Firm, but from experience tend to favour us if pushed, although this may simply be because it’s me they’re talking to.

I don't know why, but in the 70's most big English clubs supports would chant Rangers and Celtic back and forth.

I was on a train full of Man Utd fans heading into Blackpool when they were in the old second division. They split into two groups at each end of the carriage. One end starts chanting Rangers, the other end Celtic. It got louder and louder and at the end they just ran at each other, meeting in the middle and kidding on they were kicking the shit out each other.

I was surprised to hear them chanting Rangers as we had recently fought like f*ck with them in the Stretford end at the infamous friendly.

Absolutely love this story. That man sounds exactly like someone I would vote for regardless of which party he represents.

In the 70's at Burden Park (Bolton) if the game was boring and had little away supporters, the Home fans would chant 'Rangers' or celtc - The Rangers always being the loudest .
Been in the Kop in the seventies when the exact same thing happened. Must have been the thing back then.

I lived in South East London for three years and every Millwall fan I met in boozers in Greenwich or Blackheath would always say “Good Man” when I told them I was a Rangers Season ticket holder.
Out of interest, which boozers in Greenwich and Blackheath did you drink in?

Absolutely love this story. That man sounds exactly like someone I would vote for regardless of which party he represents.
We need to be careful in the long term as I can see a day where the SNP realise they will need some of the Rangers support onside to get an independence vote over the line. So they might start being nice to us at some point to entice us more to their viewpoint.

We need to be careful in the long term as I can see a day where the SNP realise they will need some of the Rangers support onside to get an independence vote over the line. So they might start being nice to us at some point to entice us more to their viewpoint.
Well my friend,I will not be returning the niceties,no matter what. Too much water has passed under the bridge with their deliberate demonising of people who prefer to be part of the United Kingdom.
The division they've been willing to cause in this country makes their actions unforgivable.

That has changed in the time that I have lived down here as people have been able to become better informed.
Correct. And any English person that has any time for them is soon shown the error of their f@cking ways!

Out of interest, which boozers in Greenwich and Blackheath did you drink in?

Work took me back to Scotland 15 years ago but assume these are all still there. I lived 5 mins from Depford Bridge DLR so my local at the time was the North Pole. Also went to The Trafalgar and The Gipsy Moth in Greenwich Village. Blackheath wise it was usually the Crown. Used to watch the games at the time in the Cock Tavern at Smithfield’s rather than watch the football locally but I travelled back for most home games as I retained my season ticket when I lived in London.

Brilliant. Robert Brown Loyal RSC :D

Yep, presume that she sent the stewards in rather than waded in herself on her kitten heels. It's a national flag FFS and there were the usual tricolours and rebel banners flying in the away end no doubt that day. No one took those away. Craven behaviour.

I remember the Sunday mail showed a photo of a Birmingham fan holding up an Ulster flag and the caption underneath claimed that Celtic fans were taunted by ‘ Loyalist thugs ‘.

Only ever met one Millwall fan in a pub called 'The Royal Standard' in merry old London when I was down for a Charlton game.

Our game was on the TV, we scored and I cheered.

Big heavy guy with crazy hair came over looked a bit like that guy from Eastenders who wore funny ties.
Couldn't really understand much of what he said but it went something along the lines of:

Him: "Fakkin Raynjus"?
Me: "Aye"

Handshake (me relaxing)

Him: "Faakin Terry Oorlock, fakkin Millwall, fakkin Ranjus, fakkin 'ate Seltic, fakkin good lads Raynjurs."

Me: Silent

Handshake and then he went back to his pint of Fosters

Only ever met one Millwall fan in a pub called 'The Royal Standard' in merry old London when I was down for a Charlton game.

Big heavy guy with crazy hair came over looked a bit like that guy from Eastenders who wore funny ties.
Couldn't really understand much of what he said but it went something along the lines of:

Handshake (me relaxing)

Him: "Faakin Terry Oorlock, fakkin Millwall, fakkin Ranjus, fakkin 'ate Seltic, fakkin good lads Raynjurs."

That’s my local. It’s become a bit gentrified these days but still has a fair share of Charlton and Millwall fans as well as a few Bears.

Got mixed feelings bout Millwall.

When we played em in the play-off final a couple of years ago, me and my lad accidentally walked into a pub in Victoria that had about 200 of em in there and my lad was in his Barnsley shirt. I thought sh!t what do I do now! But walked in went to the bar got drinks in and went and stood out of the way as I could in the packed pub. Got some of their fans coming up to us and talking - even having photos with us (some looked proper knucklers too!) Left on a positive note!

Half time a bunch of Millwall lads went half way round the top tier of Wembley to attack Barnsley fans who included women and kids!

I have difficulty reconciling the two events!

Anyway, like their views on Celtic mind!
You do know there is a lot of bead rattlers in Barnsley my friend,maybe they also knew.

Handshake (me relaxing)

Funny :D

Considering these are all people on working a holiday visa who plan to return to England I feel it's a valid point that this generation born after the troubles does not realise who the club is about. That is the issue

I bet they were middle class, metrosexual, guardian reading types. Working class English guys who follow football wouldn't favour Celtic.

Under 30 years old there's a few that do, I met most of these lads on the building site, getting a fair bit of sarcasm for a truthful post from people who have probably never been to Australia trust me I was there, the younger generation after the troubles only know that "Larsson and the 2 keanes played there" it's pathetic

Under 30 years old there's a few that do, I met most of these lads on the building site, getting a fair bit of sarcasm for a truthful post from people who have probably never been to Australia trust me I was there, the younger generation after the troubles only know that "Larsson and the 2 keanes played there" it's pathetic
Not doubting your personal experience but I'm just glad then that your experience seems to be a minority one and most of us have had the opposite.

We took the Rutherglen Town Hall flag to Barcelona via Buckingham Palace in 1972.

Rab Knape RIP 1952-2019. A Ru’glen True Blue who facilitated the loan.

Back