Match Thread Rangers v Hamilton - 15:00 Sunday - RangersTV.tv

Not long back. My observations:

As professional a performance as I've seen for us in a long time.

Good to see some of the squad getting game time. None of them looked out of place.

Defoe is clinical.

What a difference a pitch makes. Games away at Hamilton we usually get dragged into a streetfight on a tight, horrible surface. Today on a big, grass pitch they couldn't get near us.

I honestly felt we had at least another gear, if not two, to go up today if we had to.

Twice the scum have dropped twice now, and twice we've blootered away the opposition. The pressure is on them this season, make no mistake.

We're a shitty performance in the OF game and a shitey last minute goal against YB away from having had a perfect start to the season.

Best of luck to the lads away on international duty, and hopefully a well deserved bit of recovery for those staying in Glasgow.

I'm a happy bear tonight.

work-on-monday-morning.gif

You can't ask for a better reaction than that today.

5 going on 9. Every player outstanding, some impressive passages of play, another Defoe hattrick, Barišić cracker, clean sheet and capitalising on a bheggars defeat.

Top of the league.

Very professional performance and as soon as JD scores it was effectively game over.

It was like the old days today as i was walking up the PRW stopping at very boozer to see if Livi would do the damage. Aint done that for many a year.

From the lows of Thursday to the highs of today the joys of being a bear.

Enjoy whats left of the weekend fellow bears and i do think Monday might be the new Sunday this week.

WATP

What a wonderful day! Top of the league! How long since we’ve been able to say that at a meaningful point of the season :))

Perhaps not our most majestic football but we were relentless from start to finish today The subs maybe killed our momentum a little, but great to see Jamie Murphy back and a battling cameo from Polster (He looks a good addition to the squad) Defoe once again showing his class, and as long as he plays like that he’s well worth a years extension at least (perhaps with a coaching appointment as a carrot instead of wages.) Borna topped off another solid performance with a peach of a goal. He’s starting to show why we rated him so much. Greg Stewart worked hard throughout, even if things weren’t quite going his way. All round, no failures today, though Ojo had another erratic day you have to expect from a young winger. He never hid though, a big difference from certain attacking midfielders in our recent past.

MOTM: No brainer today. Defoe with a hat trick wins it hands down. However the moment of the match for me was about three quarters into the game when the Ibrox faithful let out a chant of “We shall not be moved!!” I haven’t heard that sung with conviction for a long while. It sent a shiver down my spine. Rangers need to keep it going and make sure we stay in front from this point on. We’ve bounced back superbly since the OF game and need to keep this form going against all SPL opposition. We now have the luxury of knowing a draw on our visits to the piggery will be good enough, provided we beat them at Ibrox.

I’d been really down since midweek but today put a huge smile back on my face. I guess that’s what football is all about. Now we have the lead in the title race we need to stay there. Although there’s a long way to go, keep the wins coming and this well could be the year of 55.

WATP!!!

As a Rangers family, we are all hugging, kissing and loving each other - we are all loved up. Thank you Teddy Bears and I hope it lasts. If 55 happens this season I think my family will explode with love. For now all from wee two week old grandaughter litlle Lily to my uncles and aunties in their 80's and 90's we are waiting.

What a pass from Stewart, and what a take by Defoe for the first goal; brilliant goal. Delighted for Goldson; that was also a really good goal.

Love looking back at the pre match posts on here, Hamilton at home when our form has been superb and it's poor team selection, why is he playing, why is he not playing, watched in the Famous Bluebells in PDC and not a bad word was spoken
Hope you enjoyed the day Boyblue!!!!

4 or 5 was surely the target today, why not? TOTL.

Great performance and used the squad which is a bonus. Stewart and Edmundson came in and did well. Defoe gets MOTM for this hat trick but Steven Davis strolled it.

Stewart has thoroughly impressed me since coming in to the side.

isn't going to play every game, but he never hides and is always looking for a pass or making a decisive one. Has a goal threat about him as well.

He also doesn't mind having a shot from distance

Edmundson is another who impressed. Yet to see him look anything other than assured and physical

Davis looks a class above. Genuine quality in the middle of the park

Barisic and his deliveries are now giving us, down the left, what Tav gives us on the right.

Haven't even mentioned Defoe yet and all he did was score a hat trick...

Stewart has thoroughly impressed me since coming in to the side.

isn't going to play every game, but he never hides and is always looking for a pass or making a decisive one. Has a goal threat about him as well.

He also doesn't mind having a shot from distance

Edmundson is another who impressed. Yet to see him look anything other than assured and physical

Davis looks a class above. Genuine quality in the middle of the park

Barisic and his deliveries are now giving us, down the left, what Tav gives us on the right.

Haven't even mentioned Defoe yet and all he did was score a hat trick...
He has a hunger to score goals. You can tell he's raging when he doesn't get on the scoresheet.

Me & the old man raging yesterday. I had us down for 4 nil, he had us down for 6:mad::mad::p:p
Throughly enjoyed that yesterday though. Made all the better on the back of their result:))
Thank god for Mondays aff:)

Really makes the Old Firm performance even more frustrating because if we approached it the way we have in recent games then we would've pumped them IMO.

Exhaustion may have factored in given the exertions against Legia. But given what happened anyway it may have been a risk worth taking in hindsight.

Back