Ally McCoist apparently doing “I’m a Celebrity”

Got a picture in my office of me and him, after I met him on holiday.

Least if he goes on 'I'm a celeb', it will stop people asking whos that. :)) (I live in sunny Englandshire)

How would he be demeaning himself?

Think some people are taking it too seriously. It’s a bit of fun and a different experience. Coincidentally a highly paid bit of fun.

What’s the problem.

Ally was the nation’s sweetheart if you like, on a Question of Sport. There’s no doubt he would be massively popular on this and no doubt an early favourite with the bookies.

I just don’t think the record goal scorer and ex manager of our club should be prancing around in the jungle acting the goat in front of millions of tv viewers in amongst largely failed “ celebrities “ who are only on it to desperately try and get their career back on track or because they’re needing the money .

Ally needs neither .

To me he’s loved as it is , he’s more to lose than he has to gain .

It’s a definite no from me on so many levels . Thankfully I don’t think I need to worry , he won’t be doing it.

With some of the nonsense he’s been coming out with in recent weeks I hope he gets lost in the jungle!!
I used to be one of his biggest fans but he seems less able to express his support for the Bears as the weeks and months go by.
You can tell his paymasters are getting to him.

Absolute nonsense. Ally loves the club.

I just don’t think the record goal scorer and ex manager of our club should be prancing around in the jungle acting the goat in front of millions of tv viewers in amongst largely failed “ celebrities “ who are only on it to desperately try and get their career back on track or because they’re needing the money .

Ally needs neither .

To me he’s loved as it is , he’s more to lose than he has to gain .

It’s a definite no from me on so many levels . Thankfully I don’t think I need to worry , he won’t be doing it.

So are you completely discounting the possibility that maybe this is something fun and challenging that Ally would like to do?

So are you completely discounting the possibility that maybe this is something fun and challenging that Ally would like to do?

There’s no reason why he would do it , but plenty reasons why he won’t is what I’m saying . He’s nothing to prove and more to lose than gain .

There’s no reason why he would do it , but plenty reasons why he won’t is what I’m saying . He’s nothing to prove and more to lose than gain .

How can you say that without knowing him personally? Maybe the reason for him doing it is simply - he quite fancies it.

That’s why I’m saying, why does it need to be a situation of having something to prove?

What if it’s just a fun experience he quite fancies?

It’s a bit of fun and a decent pay check. Why over analyse everything...

I still think he's largely unproven as a manager, given the circumstances. I'd like to see him in the SPFL or EFL Championship.

The jungle? Not so much.

He's got nothing to lose. Assuming you realise his career now is simply 'TV/Radio personality' and that he might just want to do it for the laugh/life experience, then I'm struggling why you think this would be detrimental to him.

Just to be clear he isn't going in as 'Rangers legend Ally McCoist". Most of the ITV audience (i.e England) know him as the guy off Question of Sport"

Reactions: BWO
He's got nothing to lose. Assuming you realise his career now is simply 'TV/Radio personality' and that he might just want to do it for the laugh/life experience, then I'm struggling why you think this would be detrimental to him.

Just to be clear he isn't going in as 'Rangers legend Ally McCoist". Most of the ITV audience (i.e England) know him as the guy off Question of Sport"

What if something happens in there to make him become less popular? Not everyone comes out smelling of roses when they do it. In fact depending on editing it’s made some people look really bad

Why someone like McCoist would risk what he has for” a bit of fun” is beyond me . I don’t think he will.

He should be class on it. I'll look for his best bits instead of watching it though lol. My ex used to watch it every year so I'd see bits of it but I wouldn't watch that crap unless it was with a woman.

What if something happens in there to make him become less popular? Not everyone comes out smelling of roses when they do it. In fact depending on editing it’s made some people look really bad

Why someone like McCoist would risk what he has for” a bit of fun” is beyond me . I don’t think he will.
I think you might be overthinking this. Anyway, we agree to disagree!

100k or so for a couple of weeks work you'd need to be off your nut to knock it back.

To be fair he does need to shed a few. They all end up half their normal weight when they’re finished

He was in having a pint at the football centre at rouken glen tonight. I was completely starstruck.. He will always be Super Ally to me. Currently regretting not trying to get a pic with him. I'm 44..

I still think he's largely unproven as a manager, given the circumstances. I'd like to see him in the SPFL or EFL Championship.

The jungle? Not so much.

He has absolutely no interest in being a manager anywhere. He was handed the job with us and even he must have realised he is shit at it.

As for the jungle meh. I must be the only bear who thinks his patter is utterly chronic. Can't listen to him

They have got to deny it until they announce who's in the show.
True mate.

Brazil also teasing him the fact that he's not playing in the legends game because he needs to avoid injury for I'm A Celebrity...

Could be double bluffing stuff going on and all that.

He's not doing it he told Talksport, was saying to folk to stop putting money on it as he isn't in talks with them but could be open to going on next year

Back