Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

email to Glasgow City Council Child protection team

To:scdchildrenandfamilies@glasgow.gov.uk

‎5‎ ‎Oct at ‎15‎:‎02

Dear Sir/Madam,

I write this correspondence to your child protection team as an extremely concerned member of the public. My colleague has a son who plays football with St.Patricks boys club, formerly known as Celtic boys club. As you maybe aware the Celtic F.C. , C.E.O. Mr Peter Lawwell recently announced that the club had conducted a 2 year "internal" investigation into child sex abuse at the club.
I am intrigued as to the merits of this secret investigation, is it an investigation into historic child sex abuse at the club, or ongoing sex abuse at the club?, or both?

To my knowledge to date there have been no findings released, reference this investigation. None of the victims of historic abuse were interviewed, Police Scotland were not involved, present players with St. Patricks boys club were also not interviewed, so it begs the question, "Did this alleged investigation ever happen?"

As my representative City Council, i request that your child protection team also investigate this investigation In order to find out if it is safe for parents to allow their children to attend training/matches at Celtic F.C./St. Patricks boys club? as at present there appears to be a cloud of secrecy pertaining to this club and it's investigation.

I have requested information from Mr Lawwell without reply, also from Police Scotland who are also "in the dark", so that leaves only the option of your child protection team to try find out this information in order to keep our children safe,I would be most grateful if you could obtain the answer's to my question's,on behalf of my colleague, from Mr Lawwell, as i think he would be more likely to reply to Glasgow City Council, who issue safety and other licences to his club, than myself.

Thank you and look forward to your reply.

Kind regards
R.K.

Outstanding work

email to Glasgow City Council Child protection team

To:scdchildrenandfamilies@glasgow.gov.uk

‎5‎ ‎Oct at ‎15‎:‎02

Dear Sir/Madam,

I write this correspondence to your child protection team as an extremely concerned member of the public. My colleague has a son who plays football with St.Patricks boys club, formerly known as Celtic boys club. As you maybe aware the Celtic F.C. , C.E.O. Mr Peter Lawwell recently announced that the club had conducted a 2 year "internal" investigation into child sex abuse at the club.
I am intrigued as to the merits of this secret investigation, is it an investigation into historic child sex abuse at the club, or ongoing sex abuse at the club?, or both?

To my knowledge to date there have been no findings released, reference this investigation. None of the victims of historic abuse were interviewed, Police Scotland were not involved, present players with St. Patricks boys club were also not interviewed, so it begs the question, "Did this alleged investigation ever happen?"

As my representative City Council, i request that your child protection team also investigate this investigation In order to find out if it is safe for parents to allow their children to attend training/matches at Celtic F.C./St. Patricks boys club? as at present there appears to be a cloud of secrecy pertaining to this club and it's investigation.

I have requested information from Mr Lawwell without reply, also from Police Scotland who are also "in the dark", so that leaves only the option of your child protection team to try find out this information in order to keep our children safe,I would be most grateful if you could obtain the answer's to my question's,on behalf of my colleague, from Mr Lawwell, as i think he would be more likely to reply to Glasgow City Council, who issue safety and other licences to his club, than myself.

Thank you and look forward to your reply.

Kind regards
R.K.
Outstanding as always RK.

Reply from Glasgow City Council (social work) Dept.

To:R.K.

5‎ ‎Oct at ‎15‎:‎02

Thank you for contacting Social Care Direct
We will aim to respond to you within 5 working days
If you need to speak to someone urgently, please call Social Care Direct on 0141 287 0555.
Lines are open Monday to Thursday from 08:45 – 16:45 and Friday 08:45 – 15:55.
Outside of these times for urgent assistance, please contact the Glasgow and Partners Emergency Social Work Services on 0300 343 1505.

sent this off to various journalists,mp's,msps,sfa,uefa and fifa tonight.....see if it provokes a response

Dear sir/madam,

Following the recent convictions and revelations of sexual paedophiles operating within Scottish football and in particular at Glasgow celtic fc ,as you may be aware or may not be aware,there has now been a question asked in the Scottish parliament,asking for a full and independent public inquiry into the historic sexual abuse,which has occurred within Scottish football over the past decades,a question to which the public still await an answer to.The question is now aimed specifically at Glasgow celtic fc’s involvement in the historic sexual abuse of this period and to what extent,they knew about it,what was reported or covered up and what punishments will be handed out retrospectively as a result,in the name of justice and sporting integrity.

Now,in june 2019,Mr.Peter Lawwell announced to the worlds media upon the reporting of the convictions and claims against Glasgow celtic fc,that he and celtic had in fact launched their own “secret investigation” ,which led the public to believe ,that this had taken place over the previous two years.However, It is a well known fact ,that none of the victims of the sexual paedophiles have been contacted by the club and that one has been offered compensation upon signing a non disclosure agreement allegedly,which I believe was turned down and rightly so.

Whilst Glasgow celtic fc are to be commended for instigating such an investigation,the findings of this investigation have never seen the light of day or been discussed in an open,honest and transparent manner for the public to see,therefore,I ask you ,have you contacted Glasgow celtic fc at any time,to ask who carried out the secret investigation and what the results were? ,surely you are responsible for asking this important question,in relation to safe guarding the public against any further threats of sexual abuse from this club and as such,you should really be demanding answers to allay the publics fears.

I would hope,that in fact some of you may have already asked this club for answers and perhaps,if you have ,you will report them to the public in the media outlets available to you.

The actions of the Scottish government on this issue has been nothing short of a national scandal and disgrace and questions should be asked of certain individuals as to their roles in their silence and whether they are any longer fit for public office,as they are currently failing the victims of this clubs abuse,the Scottish public and the Scottish football supporters demand clarity and justice.

I would welcome any positive replies you have on this matter and look forward to reading them.

Kind regards

Can anyone shed any light on what's happening with the Police hunt for the paedo harbourers 'scout'? It's all gone rather quiet regarding yet another beast with ties to them.

Any new info would be welcome, but if it's info that we don't want the many and there are many, lurkers on here seeing, please feel free to PM it and I'll spend some time on it. Thanks!
This is very strange not releasing the identity of a fugitive?

He has went abroad

He is obviously a very, very clever international elite criminal. Think, "Day of the Jackal".

On his trail are some inept, chip munchin' local Bobbies guided by the political midget Humza Useless, Wee Burnie's go to law enforcer. Think, "Keystone Cops" or at a push "Dragnet".

This wily old paedophile fox will never be taken alive by such an amateur motley crew.

This so called scout does not exist, in my eyes, this is just another attempt to delay the inevitable, court cases, there will come a time when all this will be exposed, to the country, at large, the people who in political power today who have placed votes first before the welfare of children, and the survivors, the families of the victims no longer with us, who will speak for the dead, the men who no longer could face the shame and the mental agony of living in a country without justice, and peace?

This so called scout does not exist, in my eyes, this is just another attempt to delay the inevitable, court cases, there will come a time when all this will be exposed, to the country, at large, the people who in political power today who have placed votes first before the welfare of children, and the survivors, the families of the victims no longer with us, who will speak for the dead, the men who no longer could face the shame and the mental agony of living in a country without justice, and peace?

I completely agree with this. Down completely to the SNP, this country is not the country I grew up in. The Snatzis have ruined what was once a great, proud wee country. Now because of them we are a lauging stock. The fact that they choose to ignore industrial scale child abuse and instead try even harder to seperate the country tells you all you need to know, This evil cult has to be taken to task, and I firmly believe it will in time. Might not be tomorrow or even next year, but they will have to answer for the blatant ignorance, hypocrisy, downright lies and criminality

I completely agree with this. Down completely to the SNP, this country is not the country I grew up in. The Snatzis have ruined what was once a great, proud wee country. Now because of them we are a lauging stock. The fact that they choose to ignore industrial scale child abuse and instead try even harder to seperate the country tells you all you need to know, This evil cult has to be taken to task, and I firmly believe it will in time. Might not be tomorrow or even next year, but they will have to answer for the blatant ignorance, hypocrisy, downright lies and criminality
I agree with all you have said, will come but for me it may well be after I am gone , but we fight on?

Some years ago, on the old board, I started a thread titled " Frank Cairney - The One That Got Away "

The good news is that the long arm of the law finally caught up with the old mincer and he's now doing jailtime for decades of abuse at Celtic FC & Celtic Boys Club. Justice was finally served.

Unfortunately the same cannot be said for former Celtic View Photographer, John Cullen.

In March 2004, John Cullen, a photographer who worked for Celtic FC’s official magazine The Celtic View, was found guilty of ‘lewd and libidinous conduct’ following the discovery of a black bag full of 250 photographs by cleaners inside a storeroom where Cullen kept his camera equipment at Parktead Stadium.

The photographs featured boys in various stages of undress and Cullen had been taking the photos at his home in Pollockshaws, Glasgow, for over 20 years.

Cullen was subsequently sentenced to three years probation and walked free from court.

To this very day, not one photograph of Celtic's Paedophile Photographer exists on the entire internet. NOT ONE!!!

Torbett, Cairney, McCafferty and King have all been unmasked. There can be no hiding place for them - and nor should there be.

So the title of " The One That Got Away " now belongs to John Cullen. Set free by the courts back in 2004 he vanished into thin air. Hide nor hair of him has ever been seen since.

Of the 250 photographs of naked and semi-naked boys photographed at the beasts home none were ever identified. . .NOT ONE!!!

How very strange. . .

Last edited:
Some years ago, on the old board, I started a thread titled " Frank Cairney - The One That Got Away "

The good news is that the long arm of the law finally caught up with the old mincer and he's now doing jailtime for decades of abuse at Celtic FC & Celtic Boys Club. Justice was finally served.

Unfortunately the same cannot be said for former Celtic View Photographer, John Cullen.

Cullen was subsequently sentenced to three years probation and walked free from court.

To this very day, not one photograph of Celtic's Paedophile Photographer exists on the entire internet. NOT ONE!!!

Torbett, Cairney, McCafferty and King have all been unmasked. There can be no hiding place for them - and nor should there be.

So the title of " The One That Got Away " now belongs to John Cullen. Set free by the courts back in 2004 he vanished into thin air. Hide nor hair of him has ever been seen since.

Of the 250 photographs of naked and semi-naked boys photographed at the beasts home none were ever identified. . .NOT ONE!!!

How very strange. . .

Correct mate. Not one was identified.

That's a truly incredible stat and smacks of yet another cover up of sorts and nobody will convince me otherwise.

King got a 3 year probation 'sentence' too. Vile.

I got the following information from the thread below – Credit to SuperGers07.

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/...enn-state-under-watch-of-frank-cairney.76626/

I’ve had tunnel vision with the main abuse thread, spending so much time dealing with reading and researching that and missed this. I only found it whilst searching for other info.
I think it’s worth putting a few things together in the one post and asking one of the pertinent questions over and over. Who paid for all of this? How can a boys club afford to go on annual trips to the USA?

Newspaper Report - Sunday July 1st 1990
Game played on Saturday 30th June 1990 at The United German Hungarian Club in Oakford.
Philadelphia Old Timers v Celtic Boys Club – Frank Cairney Manager.
Credit to SuperGers07 for the link.

Overview from the two links

“Before arriving in Bucks Country, CBC played teams from The Soviet Union, England and The USA in a tournament in Boston”.

8 of the 20 CBC players had signed professional contracts.

“While the Glasgow team plays and travels together for much of the year” – Where are they getting the funds to do this? Who pays for it?

CBC beat the same team the previous year – 1989. Again, where are the funds coming from?
“In last year's game, the Philadelphia Ail-Scholastic team fell 5-4 against the Glasgow Celtic Club. The Philadelphia area team rebounded from 2-0 and 4-2 deficits before coming up short”.

“Since 1976, Cairney has been accompanying teams to the U.S. for junior-level games”. That beast has been taking kids abroad since at least 1976. Ffs 1976.

Where did they stay and with whom throughout all of their trips – I know fans put them up for some of it? That’s what happened in the Cairney abuse case in Kearny, NJ, in 1991 too.

Who else accompanied them? Who were they playing? Any definite players names for any of the trips? Source of funds once again? So many questions that need answers.

We all know this piece of shit pretty well now, so I think most of us would have thought it beyond that perverted beast to act like a normal human being for a change, during that entire time period.
Other link...

Credit to oheisbaer from the same Follow Follow thread above

Does anyone have any hard facts relating to Cairney and his trips abroad with the kids?

Any sensitive stuff that you don't want the paedo harbouring lurkers to see, please PM me it. I'll deal with it and I'll pass it on too. Alternatively, please PM any of the background workers on this - you know who they are.

I still can't get my head around the fact that he was taking innocent, vulnerable kids, away from their parents on trips abroad since at least 1976. That sends a shiver down my spine - seriously scary.

So the Scottish Police Force, under the watch of Celtic fan, and Justice Minister, Humza Yousaf have managed to alert a known paedophile via the media to his wanted status so he/she can flee the country.

Fucking ridiculous state of affairs.
He's the Justice mimicker never a justice minister, the guy should be hounded out of this position as he is clearly not able to do his job properly, he also has a conflict of interest when it involves the team he supports, get the ba$tard out.

How very strange. . .
Would Cullen not be on the sexual offenders list,and his movements and any change of address have to be reported to the police in the area he moved to.
A check on the voting register or on the last census might flag him up.

Cairney in the USA @Penn State you could not make it up,and since 76,just when you think you have heard it all Eh !

Every day a school day with these animals@CFC

good find TS and SG07

Put my post on and left to send an email to a certain MSP, only to find that the paedo harbourers lost today to Livvy. I didn't now anything about the game up to that point. Glorious!

Cheers BB, but all the credit goes to the two lads with the initial links.

I think there's a bit of a difference between Penn State and where this was played, but what about the rest of the games through the years? Who's paths crossed then and where else were they playing?

It states that CBC have an annual trip there. How many top teams in the league at that time could afford to sent their first team players there, yet kids are going there, or elsewhere, every year? It reeks (all separate entity of course).

HOW DID THEY PAY FOR ALL OF THESE TRIPS?

I was genuinely shocked and concerned when I read that Cairney had been taking kids abroad since 1976. Wow!

Would Cullen not be on the sexual offenders list,and his movements and any change of address have to be reported to the police in the area he moved to.
A check on the voting register or on the last census might flag him up.

Given Cullen got probation and would have to live among us, I wouldn't rule out a name change and relocating.

Only way he would live any form of normal life the durty (unt.

Given Cullen got probation and would have to live among us, I wouldn't rule out a name change and relocating.

Only way he would live any form of normal life the durty (unt.
Yes mate,very likely he would have to move or could have changed his name.
But look at torbett and cairney they both stayed at the same addresses before their convictions and torbett will return upon release,these shitebags feel safe in SNP land and have a fecking brass neck.
If Cullen has gone to ground you would at least think the authorities know his location but then again maybe not.

I got the following information from the thread below – Credit to SuperGers07.

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/...enn-state-under-watch-of-frank-cairney.76626/

I’ve had tunnel vision with the main abuse thread, spending so much time dealing with reading and researching that and missed this. I only found it whilst searching for other info.
I think it’s worth putting a few things together in the one post and asking one of the pertinent questions over and over. Who paid for all of this? How can a boys club afford to go on annual trips to the USA?

Newspaper Report - Sunday July 1st 1990
Game played on Saturday 30th June 1990 at The United German Hungarian Club in Oakford.
Philadelphia Old Timers v Celtic Boys Club – Frank Cairney Manager.
Credit to SuperGers07 for the link.

Overview from the two links

“Before arriving in Bucks Country, CBC played teams from The Soviet Union, England and The USA in a tournament in Boston”.

8 of the 20 CBC players had signed professional contracts.

“While the Glasgow team plays and travels together for much of the year” – Where are they getting the funds to do this? Who pays for it?

CBC beat the same team the previous year – 1989. Again, where are the funds coming from?
“In last year's game, the Philadelphia Ail-Scholastic team fell 5-4 against the Glasgow Celtic Club. The Philadelphia area team rebounded from 2-0 and 4-2 deficits before coming up short”.

“Since 1976, Cairney has been accompanying teams to the U.S. for junior-level games”. That beast has been taking kids abroad since at least 1976. Ffs 1976.

Where did they stay and with whom throughout all of their trips – I know fans put them up for some of it? That’s what happened in the Cairney abuse case in Kearny, NJ, in 1991 too.

Who else accompanied them? Who were they playing? Any definite players names for any of the trips? Source of funds once again? So many questions that need answers.

We all know this piece of shit pretty well now, so I think most of us would have thought it beyond that perverted beast to act like a normal human being for a change, during that entire time period.
Other link...

Credit to oheisbaer from the same Follow Follow thread above

Does anyone have any hard facts relating to Cairney and his trips abroad with the kids?

Any sensitive stuff that you don't want the paedo harbouring lurkers to see, please PM me it. I'll deal with it and I'll pass it on too. Alternatively, please PM any of the background workers on this - you know who they are.

I still can't get my head around the fact that he was taking innocent, vulnerable kids, away from their parents on trips abroad since at least 1976. That sends a shiver down my spine - seriously scary.
It was talked about these trips on a very recent Billy Connolly programme on ITV when he visited Kearney NJ and the guy told him about Celtic Boys Club visiting and staying with families over there

Put my post on and left to send an email to a certain MSP, only to find that the paedo harbourers lost today to Livvy. I didn't now anything about the game up to that point. Glorious!

Cheers BB, but all the credit goes to the two lads with the initial links.

I think there's a bit of a difference between Penn State and where this was played, but what about the rest of the games through the years? Who's paths crossed then and where else were they playing?

It states that CBC have an annual trip there. How many top teams in the league at that time could afford to sent their first team players there, yet kids are going there, or elsewhere, every year? It reeks (all separate entity of course).

HOW DID THEY PAY FOR ALL OF THESE TRIPS?

I was genuinely shocked and concerned when I read that Cairney had been taking kids abroad since 1976. Wow!

Torbett sponsored it allegedly from payments to his trophy centre by celtics financial wing allegedly....

I emailed the person who raised the matter at holyrood,to see if they could provide an update but no reply as yet

I did likewise BT asking for an understanding of what the situations was and what the timeframe was to get a response after Humza Yousaf hindered the progress of it. Hopefully we'll both get a reply tomorrow (Monday).

Just to add...the response, or lack of it, from some of these so-called elected MSP's that are here to serve us, has been shocking. Even when the nats (or should that be rats) do respond, it's usually a generic email that they use to avoid answering, no matter how basic and relevant to all the question is.

Surely a yes or no to a vitally important question that affects all of Scotland, should be free from Parliamentary protocol. I understand the process as it stands, but it really is used big time as a cop-out for some.

Still waiting on the elusive Mr Useless and nasty nickla amongst others to get back to me. It's only been 10 days though :rolleyes:

I think you're correct BB. They certainly know his age.

He was friendly with Torbett and Cairney. Is he yet another one of the paedophile ring operating in and around Celtic Football Club?

Paedophile Torbett - 71 years old
Paedophile Cairney - 84 years old
Paedophile ? - 75 years old
Wee bit of a long shot but do any Renfrewshire bears recognise this school strip?

You may find this interesting.

On my travels yesterday, whilst searching for info on the paedo harbourers abuse abroad, I clicked on this link that came up. It's from a Hearts forum.

I haven't read it all, but going by the last two pages, they're very clued up now as to how vile CFC are. I've never heard of any other supporters slagging them off in such numbers on here, or anywhere for that matter.

Perhaps all of the repetitive work everyone has done in trying to email anyone on the planet regarding this, in trying to educate people who will listen to us as we explained how vile and disgusting that mob truly are, is now starting to bare fruit.

Thousands of emails later, I'm sure we've put the message out there and that message is that they've covered up child abuse for decades and are presently in the process of trying to cover up, the cover up, hence we can't even be sure whether it's still going on today.

Their name is dirt and they WILL suffer because of it and hopefully that'll benefit the victims in getting whatever they want/need from this. I certainly hope so.

On my travels yesterday, whilst searching for info on the paedo harbourers abuse abroad, I clicked on this link that came up. It's from a Hearts forum.

I haven't read it all, but going by the last two pages, they're very clued up now as to how vile CFC are. I've never heard of any other supporters slagging them off in such numbers on here, or anywhere for that matter.

Perhaps all of the repetitive work everyone has done in trying to email anyone on the planet regarding this, in trying to educate people who will listen to us as we explained how vile and disgusting that mob truly are, is now starting to bare fruit.

Thousands of emails later, I'm sure we've put the message out there and that message is that they've covered up child abuse for decades and are presently in the process of trying to cover up, the cover up, hence we can't even be sure whether it's still going on today.

Their name is dirt and they WILL suffer because of it and hopefully that'll benefit the victims in getting whatever they want/need from this. I certainly hope so.

Great work TS ;)

Feel free to make an account! ;) i’m sure it’ll pop up on a few more message boards over time.

Feel free to make an account! ;) i’m sure it’ll pop up on a few more message boards over time.

Make an account? You've taken that too far CB :)) Maybe we could wave and blow kisses to them on the 20th though (or maybe not). Just a thought.

I'm sure your right. I'm sure it'll pop up on a few more message boards too, more so when the cases eventually start hitting the courts. I don't trawl through any other clubs forums out with seeing that link, so I don't know how they're now reacting to it all. Has there been a shift in their perceptions of the scum?

I've personally sent out well over a couple of thousand emails. That's emails sent in trying to set the record straight, by informing any relevant party exactly why they're a club like no other and I will continue to do so. Please keep at it folks.

The sponsors were contacted once again a couple of weeks or so ago and for the ones who didn't reply to any of the previous times they were contacted, they'll be getting hit again and again and again, starting again this week, until they respond. No cheek, no matter how many times they ignore me, just offering factual information.

Mr Green (ironically enough) saw sense in informing me that they were no longer a sponsor of CFC, months before the contract was due to end. That's the present situation with them.

It's frustrating when they don't respond, but every email that gets through to the targeted contact can still be classed as useful, as it brings it to their attention once again. It's still a 'hit'.

Perhaps some posters are being frustrated at a lack of replies, or feel as though they're 'treading water' at times in trying to help, hence the drop in the activity level on this thread. Please don't stop trying to help in whatever way you can. A little, or a lot, it all makes a difference and I'm definitely seeing it.

Keep it going folks. It's far too important to the many victims and their families/friends not to do at least one thing to help. Just one. You'll feel better for it too.

I’m glad the message is getting out now. It’s long over due.

This gets me angry. He is either out his depth or a lazy git or knows exactly what is going on and is trying to protect his club.

He has shown in his treatment of the Gray family that victims of child sex abuse matter not a jot to him.

He's the latest in a long line of prominent Politicians that will do everything in their power to protect the 'good name' of Celtic.

Only in Scotland would such an odious individual get away with this.

Mr McCallum has been decreed a heretic.

He said: “I wanted to alert McRae to possible breaches in child protection policies within the SYFA. I don’t feel things have been properly addressed.

“But there’s a minority in it for sinister purposes. My intention has only ever been to alert people to a potential problem.

“I’ve tried this year to re-register as a coach but have been unable to do so. It appears I’m now banned indefinitely.”

Sinister as fu(k.

Mr McCallum has been decreed a heretic.

He said: “I wanted to alert McRae to possible breaches in child protection policies within the SYFA. I don’t feel things have been properly addressed.

“But there’s a minority in it for sinister purposes. My intention has only ever been to alert people to a potential problem.

“I’ve tried this year to re-register as a coach but have been unable to do so. It appears I’m now banned indefinitely.”

Sinister as fu(k.
Again we need Godfather theme music.
“You know you keep asking to many questions. I hate to see you have trouble getting that license.”

Back