Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

I know that the best place in the World, if you're a paedophile, is in SNPland.

We do little to little to stop them from carrying out their stomach churning acts, little to bring them to justice and if that finally happens, we'll give them puny jail sentences. Definitely the paedo capital of the World. The decades long child abuse situation at CFC confirms that.

WE FAIL CHILDREN IN SCOTLAND ON A DAILY BASIS.

We may even just give the perverts probational sentences (Cullen and King) if you happen to have 250 personally taken photos of under age boys in your flat (as young as 10), in various states of undress, or even if you've been convicted of using lewd and libidinous practices towards five children at a primary school in Glasgow. Hell, you even get off the sex offenders register after a few years to carry on offending.

Did I mention that Scotland is the paedo capital of the World? That's what I know Indiana.

Mr McCallum has been decreed a heretic.

He said: “I wanted to alert McRae to possible breaches in child protection policies within the SYFA. I don’t feel things have been properly addressed.

“But there’s a minority in it for sinister purposes. My intention has only ever been to alert people to a potential problem.

“I’ve tried this year to re-register as a coach but have been unable to do so. It appears I’m now banned indefinitely.”

Sinister as fu(k.

It is indeed sinister Jan.

The guy looks as though he may never get a job as a coach again for showing concern for a kid, yet convicted perverts (see above post) come off the sex offenders register in a few years (5 with King) to enable them to get back into positions to re-offend.

We seem to have lost the ability to care for young people in sport, football especially. Why? Surely with what we should have learned by now, we should be even more concerned for our vulnerable kids in the game.

He has shown in his treatment of the Gray family that victims of child sex abuse matter not a jot to him.

He's the latest in a long line of prominent Politicians that will do everything in their power to protect the 'good name' of Celtic.

Only in Scotland would such an odious individual get away with this.

Only in Scotland would a football club get away with industrial scale child abuse and not a word is said. I am really starting to hate this country

He has shown in his treatment of the Gray family that victims of child sex abuse matter not a jot to him.

He's the latest in a long line of prominent Politicians that will do everything in their power to protect the 'good name' of Celtic.

Only in Scotland would such an odious individual get away with this.

Another excellent post and 100% correct. Scotland has a few things to be ashamed about.

Only in Scotland would a football club get away with industrial scale child abuse and not a word is said. I am really starting to hate this country

You and me both CB.

I loved my country. Now? It's a cesspit and I take no pleasure in saying that.

It's quite incredible how so many people, for so long, whilst know by many others through the years, have managed to get away with what they have for decades. That's what people in positions of power and authority can do.

I know that the best place in the World, if you're a paedophile, is in SNPland.

We do little to little to stop them from carrying out their stomach churning acts, little to bring them to justice and if that finally happens, we'll give them puny jail sentences. Definitely the paedo capital of the World. The decades long child abuse situation at CFC confirms that.

WE FAIL CHILDREN IN SCOTLAND ON A DAILY BASIS.

We may even just give the perverts probational sentences (Cullen and King) if you happen to have 250 personally taken photos of under age boys in your flat (as young as 10), in various states of undress, or even if you've been convicted of using lewd and libidinous practices towards five children at a primary school in Glasgow. Hell, you even get off the sex offenders register after a few years to carry on offending.

Did I mention that Scotland is the paedo capital of the World? That's what I know Indiana.
That part is so true, the SNP government bring in 40 hours at nursery level with not enough trained staff in the country, rush through others who aren't capable whilst putting extra pressure on those currently in the roles, its another failure by the SNP in this country to our children, it is off topic but I just wanted to highlight that its not just the justice and the peadophilia cases that this government are failing our children with.

That part is so true, the SNP government bring in 40 hours at nursery level with not enough trained staff in the country, rush through others who aren't capable whilst putting extra pressure on those currently in the roles, its another failure by the SNP in this country to our children, it is off topic but I just wanted to highlight that its not just the justice and the peadophilia cases that this government are failing our children with.

We must, MUST vote them out in the next election. I genuinely fear for this country if they stay in power. We are already a footballing backwater. If they keep going the same is going to happen to the country as a whole. The NHS, Police Scotland and Holyrood wil be run by Yes men/woman who will only obey orders from their fuhrer and the country will descend into chaos. All this before you even think about or talk about the child abuse and the country's morality which left town years ago. Get them out then we can try and salvage what is left of our once great wee country and try to repair, nurture and rebuild what we had

We must, MUST vote them out in the next election. I genuinely fear for this country if they stay in power. We are already a footballing backwater. If they keep going the same is going to happen to the country as a whole. The NHS, Police Scotland and Holyrood wil be run by Yes men/woman who will only obey orders from their fuhrer and the country will descend into chaos. All this before you even think about or talk about the child abuse and the country's morality which left town years ago. Get them out then we can try and salvage what is left of our once great wee country and try to repair, nurture and rebuild what we had
They've already made the Police one force instead of the old Constabulary's it's easier for them to control one Chief Constable .

Does anyone have any information regarding the call for an inquiry last Friday?
waiting on humza getting round to replying to it.

Regarding the question that was put forward last Friday (4th Oct) under Parliamentary questions, with Mr Useless determined to hold everything up by not giving an answer, he's finally spewed something out.

I just received this from the MSP I contacted to find out what was happening (as posted previously).

The question put forward. Case number: S5W-25433.
To ask the Scottish Government what steps it will take to ensure that incidents of historic child abuse in football are fully investigated and proportionately penalised.

The deflected 'answer' that Mr Useless spewed out.
Humza Yousaf: Any allegations are for Police Scotland to investigate, and sentencing in individual cases is a matter for the court – with life imprisonment the maximum penalty for the most serious offences involving the sexual abuse of children.

The Scottish Government unreservedly condemns the abhorrent crime of sexual abuse, and we are working closely with a range of organisations to ensure all children can enjoy playing football in a safe and secure environment.

This rat just isn't interested in the children's welfare - not when it concerns his beloved paedo harbourers team. Why aren't people the length and breadth of this country taking him to task over his shameful stance on this? What is wrong with people!!!

I live in Canada, and have been following this story for awhile and it absolutely sickens me. I wish there was something that I can do to help, but I do salute those that are working so hard to get justice for the poor souls that were victimized and then denied justice by these utter scum.

Here is a direct lift from the Hearts forum mentioned in Timskelper's previous post.

Interestingly, this one being from a Hearts fan christened RC.

The word is getting out. Ultimately, it's the fact that the victims have never had any proper settlement from this whole issue that is the biggest scandal.

However, all those who have turned a blind eye, or who have failed to act when they might have been able to act, must surely be asked to explain their actions, or lack of action more aptly.

Forget for a moment that this is Celtic FC.

This is about the disgusting behaviour of trusted adults physically and sexually abusing children. Four adults have been tried, convicted and sentenced accordingly in a court of law.

Any right minding person would agree that their actions were despicable.

The fact that three well established institutions(for want of a better word) want to sweep this under the carpet. Those being the Catholic church(I was baptised Catholic myself), Celtic FC and the SFA is an utter disgrace.

Until recently the Scottish media spoken and written wanted to bury it too but, finally a few brave souls have broken ranks and these people are being vilified because they dare correctly to bring Celtic to task.

If we as a society are to protect our children as we should then we have to bring all these wrong doers to task, regardless of where they are.

It's a heinous despicable crime and SHOULD NEVER EVER BE SWEPT UNDER THE CARPET.

He said: “I wanted to alert McRae to possible breaches in child protection policies within the SYFA. I don’t feel things have been properly addressed.

“But there’s a minority in it for sinister purposes. My intention has only ever been to alert people to a potential problem.

“I’ve tried this year to re-register as a coach but have been unable to do so. It appears I’m now banned indefinitely.”

Sinister as fu(k.
Given it appears they’re STILL trying to harm the futures of people who have spoke out says to me the people running the game now are as bad as ever! And we know who that is ultimately.

Is there any active Twitter bears that could pm me please. We have a wee problem behind the scenes that needs rectifying.

Gimme a shout BN if I can help. Always here if you need me.

Just finished emailing around 200 sponsors again (Round 3) in the last few mins and my head's birling. My email client was very, very, slow at times. Possibly lots of rounds to go before a knock-out (hopefully) of any of them. I ain't going anywhere.

Here is a direct lift from the Hearts forum mentioned in Timskelper's previous post.

Interestingly, this one being from a Hearts fan christened RC.

The word is getting out. Ultimately, it's the fact that the victims have never had any proper settlement from this whole issue that is the biggest scandal.

However, all those who have turned a blind eye, or who have failed to act when they might have been able to act, must surely be asked to explain their actions, or lack of action more aptly.

That's got to be a result Arminius.

The odd one has spoken of their disgust (I hear someone saying that they're all odd). Any that do stand up get shouted down. Fair play to this guy as another guy was wanting to talk about the abuse he suffered at the hands of these beasts and his family were threatening to disown him if he spoke against the club. Most of them aren't right in the head.

I'd probably even share a glass of my Champagne with him at the end of the season when we do 55.

On second thoughts...naw.

Sinister as fu(k.
There is nothing sinister in any way mate as these cants think it’s normal behaviour and don’t care about punishment as they know it’s a wee slap on the wrists which no doubt they would enjoy anyway.

I am beginning to wonder if paedophilia in Scotland is on a much larger scale than we realise because the lack of interest shown in investigations into what has happened over the years at CFC and unanswered emails from officials in Government and half hearted statements from many of them who do bother to answer makes me very suspicious of how many paedophile rings are operational in this filthy backwater . Even the amount of people who looked the other way when Savile was fully operational at the BBC is unbelievable when you think back . WHY is there such a lack of interest in bringing all this to a head at CFC ? Who doesn’t want to be outed ? What kind of depraved perverts are covering up for these scumbags ? They MUST know who they are and it’s time they are named and shamed .:mad:

I am beginning to wonder if paedophilia in Scotland is on a much larger scale than we realise because the lack of interest shown in investigations into what has happened over the years at CFC and unanswered emails from officials in Government and half hearted statements from many of them who do bother to answer makes me very suspicious of how many paedophile rings are operational in this filthy backwater . Even the amount of people who looked the other way when Savile was fully operational at the BBC is unbelievable when you think back . WHY is there such a lack of interest in bringing all this to a head at CFC ? Who doesn’t want to be outed ? What kind of depraved perverts are covering up for these scumbags ? They MUST know who they are and it’s time they are named and shamed .:mad:

Paedo rings operating within vicious circles.

They are all linked in Scotland throughout our papish hierarchy, can be no other explanation for not wanting the correct things done.

If cellic are taken to task properly, the kafflik church is falling with them also here.

If this level of silence and control is not Catholic orchestrated, what is it?

About a month ago, I wrote to my MP, MSP and MEP, asking why they are not supporting an full inquiry into the now obvious cover up of sexual assault and child abuse at CFC/CBC.
I pointed out the preposterous notion of separate entities and asked that even if they were, it is still CFC, who have been complicit in the cover up.
I’ve asked about CFC’s internal investigation and why they were allowed to conduct such an exercise if not in tandem with an official inquiry.
My letter is a bit more lengthy than this.
So far, no replies have been forthcoming.
I understand there’s a lot going on in the political world just now but, when I get home, I’ll resend same with a foreword.

With the SNP refusing to take up the investigation
into this case can only mean that:
a.) It condones the child abuse which has taken place
over the years at CBC/Celtc Park and is covering up the
whole sordid affair through the office of the justice secretary,
Humza Yusef, in an effort to keep the RCs toeing the line
and secure their votes for the next election.

b.) Various RC institutions are promising the SNP their
full backing for the next election, and the push for an indyref,
if they keep the story as quiet as possible. Probably why Yusuf
hasn't mentioned this scandal once since it broke.

Sorry lads I don’t keep too update to this thread but having a few days off work and no holiday (Thanks Thomas Cook lol) I’m going to send a few emails off to the DUP MPs. Just wanted to ask has anyone bothered to ask SF MPs? They’ve favour that lot and don’t even take their bloody seats but could be good to have their denial of an enquiry on record

It only takes a few for the scales to tip the other way. I’m sure an investigation will eventually happen.

Good post mate.

Personally and I've been consistent in saying this from the start, I think this will blow our minds, if even anywhere close to the full truth comes out in the end. This will astound people regarding who is/was involved in covering this up for decades and to what lengths they've gone to in order to do just that.

I truly do believe that a lot of well known faces in authority and power, have played their part in taking kids lives away from them. It's just a pity that we can't take the beasts lives away from them. It's all dependant on a large part of the truth coming out of course, but I don't doubt that many high profile 'faces' should be facing substantial jail sentences.

I long for the day that the survivors of all of this get whatever each individual wants from it, that the beasts you mention do get named and shamed and that they get the long custodial sentences their crimes deserve. Please let it be.

My sole focus has been on the victims and their families/friends, no bull, just total honesty. They will always come first in my book. They get what they need and the rest of us can get whatever's left. I hope there's very little left. What they've went through and what some of them are still going through, is horrific. It's difficult to try and imagine it.

That's what I want for them. For me, as a diehard bluenose, having lived through all of this, I want every last one of the human excrement that has covered this up and the multitude of others who have failed the victims/survivors, to get their comeuppance in the end and I want that rats nest in the East End of Glasgow razed to the ground, totally destroyed and never to be seen again...ever!

Apologies if I sort of lost track a bit, but these bastards get to me big time. The lives that's been ruined because of people trying to protect that club. A club ffs. They should be protecting the innocent kids. The treatment Michelle and Helen Gray have had to constantly endure has really rattled my cage (shame on you Mr Useless - he's got to be one of the worst), same for what Kenny Campbell and others have had to put up with.

I'll stop gibbering on now. That was meant to be a short reply to Alex and emotions got the better of me. Maybe that's enough internet for the day.

About a month ago, I wrote to my MP, MSP and MEP, asking why they are not supporting an full inquiry into the now obvious cover up of sexual assault and child abuse at CFC/CBC.
I pointed out the preposterous notion of separate entities and asked that even if they were, it is still CFC, who have been complicit in the cover up.
I’ve asked about CFC’s internal investigation and why they were allowed to conduct such an exercise if not in tandem with an official inquiry.
My letter is a bit more lengthy than this.
So far, no replies have been forthcoming.
I understand there’s a lot going on in the political world just now but, when I get home, I’ll resend same with a foreword.

Good for you mate.

Everywhere we turn, there are people failing kids the length and breadth of Scotland. Hopefully history will show them up for the cowardly, complicit, rats that they are.

It’s worth reading the Salmond thread in the lounge Alex. Throws some light on their mindsets ;)

Good post mate.

Personally and I've been consistent in saying this from the start, I think this will blow our minds, if even anywhere close to the full truth comes out in the end. This will astound people regarding who is/was involved in covering this up for decades and to what lengths they've gone to in order to do just that.

I truly do believe that a lot of well known faces in authority and power, have played their part in taking kids lives away from them. It's just a pity that we can't take the beasts lives away from them. It's all dependant on a large part of the truth coming out of course, but I don't doubt that many high profile 'faces' should be facing substantial jail sentences.

I long for the day that the survivors of all of this get whatever each individual wants from it, that the beasts you mention do get named and shamed and that they get the long custodial sentences their crimes deserve. Please let it be.

My sole focus has been on the victims and their families/friends, no bull, just total honesty. They will always come first in my book. They get what they need and the rest of us can get whatever's left. I hope there's very little left. What they've went through and what some of them are still going through, is horrific. It's difficult to try and imagine it.

That's what I want for them. For me, as a diehard bluenose, having lived through all of this, I want every last one of the human excrement that has covered this up and the multitude of others who have failed the victims/survivors, to get their comeuppance in the end and I want that rats nest in the East End of Glasgow razed to the ground, totally destroyed and never to be seen again...ever!

Apologies if I sort of lost track a bit, but these bastards get to me big time. The lives that's been ruined because of people trying to protect that club. A club ffs. They should be protecting the innocent kids. The treatment Michelle and Helen Gray have had to constantly endure has really rattled my cage (shame on you Mr Useless - he's got to be one of the worst), same for what Kenny Campbell and others have had to put up with.

I'll stop gibbering on now. That was meant to be a short reply to Alex and emotions got the better of me. Maybe that's enough internet for the day.

Top post TS. Felt the emotion :D

My worry A123 is that the reason there seems to be no appetite for an enquiry is that there would be few prosecutions arising from it. I'm sure I read somewhere that there has been talk of introducing a law which makes it a crime for an individual not to report an incident of child sexual abuse if they are in a position of authority and are made aware of it. This suggests that up until now not reporting that crime was not a criminal offence. Would a charge of "perverting the course of justice" be applicable? I genuinely don't know and intend no pun on the term "perverting". As such, if there was to be an inquiry, whilst it would certainly highlight that many prominent names in the history of Celtic FC's heirarchy were absolutely morally corrupt, that they knew exactly what was going on and that they didn't report it, these findings would not lead to further prosecutions. I genuinely hope that justice is done for all those affected and that those who were in a position to do the right thing and who failed to do so are at least publically exposed for the morally bankrupt lowlives that they are.

Not been on for a while but thought I would share an email I just received from an MSP

Dear Fraser,

As you’ve contacted me before about incidents of child sexual abuse at Celtic Boys Club, I’m getting back to you with my further comments and share the concerns that you raise pertaining to how this has been handled thus far.

I support the victims who have been impacted by this abuse and believe that Celtic’s investigations should be made public. The current closed-door approach to these investigations is unacceptable and in the interest of transparency, a public inquiry is favourable.

I believe an independent public inquiry should take place which looks at all aspects of child sexual abuse across Scottish football.

The abuse at Celtic Boys Club has been very high profile and those involved should be held to account and the victims deserve proportionate support and justice.

In addition to this, we must also look at child sexual abuse at other football clubs in Scotland so to offer these victims this same support and justice.

Considering the widespread nature of this issue, our response should be an all-encompassing solution which seeks to provide the most justice for the most victims.

Going forward, I will support a full independent public inquiry into all issues of historic child sex abuse in Scottish Football.

Regards

Yours sincerely

David

Yes I know about it .Everyone involved at Youth level football in the South side of Glasgow .Should know about it.
Ian McCallum is a good guy who ran local boys clubs .He also is the sole agent for a certain brand of football. Who supplies strips throughout the SFA set up including professional teams .

He was also a sponsor .I think for the SYFA ..His credentials are impeccable .
I have known him since my son played for his youth team maybe twenty year ago .
I later got to know him better when I became involved with Youth football myself .
When I was struggling to find a sponsor for my team Ian heard about it and stepped up to the mark and supplied the kit Free.

I then heard about him being involved with the SYFA in some capacity .
It was during this time that He was abroad with a youth team and came across a situation that set his alarm bells ringing .

The story was told to me that He came across a boy out of his room in the early hours Who was going for a rub down with the physio.

Ian I think stated that We don't have a physio with us .So what is happening let me check this out ?
As He went into the physios room there was another man as well .
He questioned them as he knew none of them were physios .
Ian reported this through official channels naming every one and He was ostracised .
I believe he was visited by heavies and his family and business threatened .
He would not back down .
I think He was charged by bringing the game into disrepute or something and banned from football for a year .

He still never backed down I spoke to Ian about this and I could see the strain that it was causing his business and family life .
But still he never backed down .He contacted various newspapers and no one would listen .

I believe since then one of the men involved has been found guilty of abuse .
Vindicating Ian's stance .
I have not seen him for about three years since I had to give up Youth football .So I don't know if He is involved in the game at all now .

I believe since then one of the men in the room has been convicted of abuse .

Seeing as The Club Like No Other are still operating without any punishment for the evil that has taken place under their watch and on their premises and also on foreign soil, it must torture the poor victims who have been used and abused and discarded and ignored, it disgust's me that they are still allowed a license to operate & granted safety certificates when its crystal clear & obvious that it is anything but safe for youngsters to train/play football with Celtic f.c./ St. Patrick's boys club.

It is astonishing that U.E.F.A. with their Fairplay and Equality initiative, allow the club like no other to participate in their premier competitions , to me this brings these competitions into disrepute and is an insult to the victims. They along with the S.F.A. are complicit in condoning/enabling the abuse that has went on indiscriminately at the club like no other, for over 4 decades.

It is stomach churning when you see them receiving £25m for a player who has come through the system that has abused and ruined the lives of so many.

Last week i was sickened reading a piece from on loan Moritz Bauer from Stoke City who was "Bumming" up the club like no other,so as the football authorities fail to punish and handicap this organisation, can any of our younger bears who participate on Twitter,Facebook,Instagram,Snapchat etc. please let people like him and any prospective signings they may chase in January, know what the club like no other are really like and if they are morally comfortable to be part of it, regardless of earnings.

If the authorities are failing to punish them then we can try to hurt them by maybe stopping decent rightful thinking players from joining a dispicable cult operating from a rancid cesspit.
Let them KNOW , A CLUB TRULY AND APTLY LIKE NO OTHER.

Last edited:
I live in Canada, and have been following this story for awhile and it absolutely sickens me. I wish there was something that I can do to help, but I do salute those that are working so hard to get justice for the poor souls that were victimized and then denied justice by these utter scum.
Feel free to let all Canada know BJ. You can be our Canada warrior.

As I have posted previously the fact that the Scottish (SNP) Govt insisted that sporting and religious institution were to be excluded from the remit of the 2015 Child Abuse Enquiry tells you everything you need to know about their leanings.

Every man and their dog knows that the Catholic Church worldwide has been mired in child abuse scandals for most of this century, if not longer, so it is not hard to imagine that Scotland in all likelihood would have it's fair share to. As Rangers fans we are all to aware of the decades of cover up of the abuse scandals by those in power at Celtic FC. The Scottish Govt in 2015 ensured both these institutions would be exempt from investigation, why?? For me this stinks, and my thoughts are that SNP are firmly in bed with the Catholic Church and by extension are also protecting their (RC) biggest sporting institution.

As I have posted previously the fact that the Scottish (SNP) Govt insisted that sporting and religious institution were to be excluded from the remit of the 2015 Child Abuse Enquiry tells you everything you need to know about their leanings.

Every man and their dog knows that the Catholic Church worldwide has been mired in child abuse scandals for most of this century, if not longer, so it is not hard to imagine that Scotland in all likelihood would have it's fair share to. As Rangers fans we are all to aware of the decades of cover up of the abuse scandals by those in power at Celtic FC. The Scottish Govt in 2015 ensured both these institutions would be exempt from investigation, why?? For me this stinks, and my thoughts are that SNP are firmly in bed with the Catholic Church and by extension are also protecting their (RC) biggest sporting institution.

Perhaps we should be pressurising the SFA to have a 'Compensation Programme' set up for victims and their families. I know that no amount of money will provide closure to victims such as the poor Grey family. However a programme for compensating them for their pain and suffering is only a small step in helping victims and their families secure some degree of financial security. For decades they have been ignored, if the SFA were to impliment a scheme for compensation it may allow them to at least feel acknowledged and validate the suffering they've endured for nearly half a century. It's been done before.

For instance:

If the charlatans that run the SFA had any kind of empathy they would at least have a scheme set up to allow survivors to contact professionals for guidance and support. Good grief, given the widespread nature of abuse at CBC and CFC all they seem to do is offer platitudes. I sincerely hope the pressure that has recently been imposed on them SFA by certain MP's continues and is not abandoned.

Court cases are about to commence. The UK media spotlight will be directed in the direction of this rancid little backwater very soon indeed. The SFA need to act positively - otherwise history will confirm what we already know, that they were individually and collectively complicit.

My worry A123 is that the reason there seems to be no appetite for an enquiry is that there would be few prosecutions arising from it. I'm sure I read somewhere that there has been talk of introducing a law which makes it a crime for an individual not to report an incident of child sexual abuse if they are in a position of authority and are made aware of it. This suggests that up until now not reporting that crime was not a criminal offence. Would a charge of "perverting the course of justice" be applicable? I genuinely don't know and intend no pun on the term "perverting". As such, if there was to be an inquiry, whilst it would certainly highlight that many prominent names in the history of Celtic FC's heirarchy were absolutely morally corrupt, that they knew exactly what was going on and that they didn't report it, these findings would not lead to further prosecutions. I genuinely hope that justice is done for all those affected and that those who were in a position to do the right thing and who failed to do so are at least publically exposed for the morally bankrupt lowlives that they are.

According to mc guire,he has 100s of potential law suits,with 20 test cases due,followed by the rest of the writs.

Perhaps we should be pressurising the SFA to have a 'Compensation Programme' set up for victims and their families. I know that no amount of money will provide closure to victims such as the poor Grey family. However a programme for compensating them for their pain and suffering is only a small step in helping victims and their families secure some degree of financial security. For decades they have been ignored, if the SFA were to impliment a scheme for compensation it may allow them to at least feel acknowledged and validate the suffering they've endured for nearly half a century. It's been done before.

For instance:

If the charlatans that run the SFA had any kind of empathy they would at least have a scheme set up to allow survivors to contact professionals for guidance and support. Good grief, given the widespread nature of abuse at CBC and CFC all they seem to do is offer platitudes. I sincerely hope the pressure that has recently been imposed on them SFA by certain MP's continues and is not abandoned.

Court cases are about to commence. The UK media spotlight will be directed in the direction of this rancid little backwater very soon indeed. The SFA need to act positively - otherwise history will confirm what we already know, that they were individually and collectively complicit.

The problem here is that it is not the perpetrator or those who failed to act who are providing the compensation.

Furthermore, who would fund it. Would it be Government funded via the SFA? If so, then it is you and I as tax payers who are paying. Or is there a levy on all clubs to fund such an initiative?

I am of the view that the criminals and those who let it happen, should pay compensation and there should also be a punitive element.

In short, that mob and their hired nonces should be paying, not us as individuals nor our club.

According to mc guire,he has 100s of potential law suits,with 20 test cases due,followed by the rest of the writs.
I understand that BT and personally think there could be closer to 500 victims, many of whom will never come forward. I also think the calls for an independent enquiry are because many people, myself included, would like it definitively established who knew what, when and then failed to act on it ("the open secret"). My point is that whilst this would discredit many of the people in power at Celtic over the past 50 years the chances are that few, if any, would be charged over failing to report it to the authorities so those in charge of the decision as to whether or not to have an enquiry may well be arguing that it's not worth the financial cost of holding one as no-one will be charged.

Back