Meet Dougie - Rangers Charity Beautiful Video - Update 10/9/20

What a beautiful video that was ,sad but heart warming too.Credit to Kenny and to our great club for giving Dougie one of the best days of his life.Hope it gave him a massive boost,were all rooting for you Dougie.

He looked a wee bit star struck with big Mark but he made him feel so at ease.

Jeezo what an extraordinary video, what a courageous guy, magnificent from all at the club.

Really emotional watching that.

Wishing Dougie all the best, could see how proud he was stating he forever will be a Rangers man. Superb from the club also

That was a real tear jerker,God Bless Dougie your a credit to your family and the Rangers.

To all the detractors
Your snide comments and hateful agenda shame you.
Keep yourself warm with your resolution 12
Delude each other with anyone but Celtic.
The truth is you will never be us
We haunt your every thought in the pathetic life you live.
That mans courage and his love for our team inspires me.
We are a family .
Dougie , a brave dignified bluenose .
All the very best Sir.

Tears streaming down my face the minute he saw Hateley

Massive credit to his boy , I hope my boy thinks highly enough of me when he’s that age the way this lad does of his dad

Tears

Cried my eyes out at that. Absolutely wonderful stuff.

My uncles just been diagnosed with cancer, he used to take me to Ibrox after my dad died, so it hit home hard.
Sorry to hear that. It's an absolute hell of a disease which takes people far too early. You are yer da's and uncle's legacy, though, and are a credit to both of them.

Great credit to the club for giving the gentleman a great day, it’s a tough watch that but nice to see the club recognising the situation of a fan and family and doing something really special.

Sorry to hear that. It's an absolute hell of a disease which takes people far too early. You are yer da's and uncle's legacy, though, and are a credit to both of them.
I'm up this weekend to, hopefully, take my uncle to the game. No way I'm letting him leave this earth without one more trip to Ibrox

Absolutely amazing video and not scared to admit I have tears streaming down my face.

What a guy Dougie is, 1 of us and a credit to his family. If he or anyone of them read FF, well done guys and we are all behind u.

Moments like this makes being a Bear proud beyond words, the club and charity going that wee bit further to make a courageous gentlemans dreams come true.

Well done to all who made this possible.

Was with Dougie on Sunday doing the trophy room tour, meeting players old and new and getting hospitality in Argyle Suite. An absolute brilliant day, can not thank the Rangers charity enough for what they did for us. Made an auld ill man, his son, grandson and nephew, walk about with smiles on our faces for 4 days now. These people who work for the charity really dont get enough praise for the work they do.

Superb.

Well done to Dougie, Dougie's son and everyone at Rangers.

Dougie has lived the dream and deserved a special day out that he will never forget.

Best Wishes to you Dougie, your family and all the Rangers Family (the Daddy Bears, the Mummy Bears and all the wee Baby Bears).

Rangers played a blinder here and made his day, week and month
Well done indeed.

Wishing dougie and his family the best

Emotional stuff but fantastic from all involved,makes you proud

What a touching video. And like a poster said before hand, his son is an absolute credit to him. Well done to the club and it’s a real pleasure to be a fan of this wonderful institution when you see things like this.

I know that it's easy to get overly sentimental about things like this, but I really thought it was absolutely tremendous to see Dougie getting warmly embraced by the players and staff, especially the manager. He hugged him as though he was family. I know that there will be cynics out there who would query how genuine such actions are but it seemed on the level to me. It also fills me with pride to see the human side of these public celebrities imparting such emotional good feeling to people with their actions. All they would need to do is shake the bloke's hand and I'm sure he'd have treasured that forever. But the boost to his spirits that he'd have got from being hugged by his heroes would've been phenomenal.

My hat's off to all of them. They've been thoroughly decent people by giving Dougie a day he'll cherish forever.

Best wishes to Dougie and his family for the future.

I know that it's easy to get overly sentimental about things like this, but I really thought it was absolutely tremendous to see Dougie getting warmly embraced by the players and staff, especially the manager. He hugged him as though he was family. I know that there will be cynics out there who would query how genuine such actions are but it seemed on the level to me. It also fills me with pride to see the human side of these public celebrities imparting such emotional good feeling to people with their actions. All they would need to do is shake the bloke's hand and I'm sure he'd have treasured that forever. But the boost to his spirits that he'd have got from being hugged by his heroes would've been phenomenal.

My hat's off to all of them. They've been thoroughly decent people by giving Dougie a day he'll cherish forever.

Best wishes to Dougie and his family for the future.
I watched it again just now and like the first time it made made shed a tear. To see the players and the manager give Dougie a big bear hug must have been something special for Dougie and his family. This crop of players and the management are a credit to themselves. Wish Dougie and his family all the best.

I watched it again just now and like the first time it made made shed a tear. To see the players and the manager give Dougie a big bear hug must have been something special for Dougie and his family. This crop of players and the management are a credit to themselves. Wish Dougie and his family all the best.
Hear, hear AtG. They are a credit to ordinary decency by behaving like they do. Their humility is really great to see.

I’ve got tears running down my cheeks watching that. What a day that must have been for you Dougie. All the bears are with you and your family.
WATP.

I’m sure Dougie’s family will have been filled with hope until his end . RIP Dougie and all the best to his family and friends .

Read the first post and watched the video then noticed it was an old thread and suspected the reason for it to be bumped which unfortunately proved to be right.

RIP dougie
condolences to the family

Back