Rangers announce membership scheme to start next year amongst other things.

A lot of decent sounding stuff there, highlights for me
- Membership scheme
- New Ibrox Wi-fi system
- New Rangers app
- New Website
- New RangersTV app
- Improvements to Catering
- Improvements to overall matchday experience

What would really top it off is if we got permission for a proper fan zone, and safe standing (ideally Copland Front). Excited to find out what plans are in place for the anniversary celebrations. Would like to see the Ibrox area really revamped and invested in, obviously that would include Edmiston House and the Fan Zone across the road.

Don’t really understand why people want membership. I can’t imagine what benefits will be offered that will merit an extra £30 or whatever coming out my account.

My season ticket better not be dependent on having one.

Many big clubs on the continent offer a membership scheme. This isn't remotely connected to ST ownership. There will be benefits to it and stuff but its mainly a way for fans to further finance their club. Think Benfica have the biggest membership, could be wrong.

Happy to hear about a membership scheme being introduced but will wait and see what it involves before saying if it will be for the greater good or not. It has to cover away tickets / semi final tickets for it to be worthwhile from my point of view. How it is priced will be interesting as well.

Disappointed not to see any information on Safe Standing in there, looks to be that Rangers don't want it. It is vital for the week to week atmosphere at Ibrox imo.

- Membership scheme
- New Ibrox Wi-fi system
- New Rangers app
- New Website
- New RangersTV app

What would really top it off is if we got permission for a proper fan zone, and safe standing (ideally Copland Front). Excited to find out what plans are in place for the anniversary celebrations. Would like to see the Ibrox area really revamped and invested in, obviously that would include Edmiston House and the Fan Zone across the road.
Except if you don’t want it and don’t want to be relocated!

Hopefully the membership scheme sorts out away tickets as it’s a bit of a fiasco at the moment. Not to mention RSC members getting 2 bites of the cherry at the expense of other supporters.

Rangers are looking into a new scheme for tickets which is point based like the travel club, but it will be at least a few years before it is up and running.

What I think will happen ticket wise is there will be a members sale of home match tickets before any left go to public sale. Obviously our league games sell out fast so there would unlikely be any public sale for league games at Ibrox.

Don’t really understand why people want membership. I can’t imagine what benefits will be offered that will merit an extra £30 or whatever coming out my account.

One membership of £50 including a special commemorative strip that the team happen to wear, if the SD thing goes South.

The stadium music is terrible.

It should be Rangers songs only that are played.

I also feel when we score I prefer the natural noise of the fans roaring rather than some rave song blasting over the top of us.

Has this survey been complete? I would like to put forward a few ideas.

I thought I read that the current catering contract runs out at the end of this season?

The whole menu needs an overhaul, the pricing is taking the piss and you can’t even pay by card.

The new website and app sounds encouraging.

A notification system would also be good for supporters who’s ticket has been resold through seatsub. A text or an email notifying them would be fine.

The plans do look encouraging.

It may not mean a great deal to retain people but id join. Quite literally, I cannot afford to go to the football so I cant get to go and see Rangers. I cant see me ever being able to afford a season ticket ever again but I'd love to buy a yearly membership and feel part of the club. I think many thousands would and it's a smart, easy money idea.

How’s it going to work, free for all for 14? Can’t work.

Should be taking into account travel club points as a starter or something.

- Membership scheme
- New Ibrox Wi-fi system
- New Rangers app
- New Website
- New RangersTV app

Yeah and ditch the current pre match entertainment... new versions of songs etc to get the blood pumping

Oh christ, I remember the last time there was big investment in Wi-Fi. Can't people just watch the game instead of sitting on their phones. Some people see more of the match through their mobile screen when they are there.
I think most people would just like to be able to check the half time scores so WiFi will allow us to do that however it would just require something on the screen.

And still nothing about Safe Standing (what most fans want). No update or clarification at all yet they’re asking folk about the bloody prematch songs...

Here's some advice for our "catering partner" The food is shite, overpriced and just a rip off especially if you have family's coming with young kids, football is expensive enough without being further ripped off with trying to feed them.

There is no need to have a partner in dealing with food, there is also nothing stopping us employing people to run our own catering and all profits would go to the club rather than some greedy corperate french company where money and profit is more important than quality and customer satisfaction.

In 2019 we shouldn't still be looking at a very limited menu and should also be pro active in encouraging healthy eating for our young fans and us adults, not having to bite into rock hard pies which would snap your teeth at times and be overcharged for the pleasure.

Elior offer nothing to our catering and their motto is buy low and charge what you like, I've seen plenty of suggestions for boycotts over the years and Elior should have been targetted with one and told to remove their fingers and start supplying decent food at decent prices instead of ripping the fans off.

Rangers are looking into a new scheme for tickets which is point based like the travel club, but it will be at least a few years before it is up and running.

What I think will happen ticket wise is there will be a members sale of home match tickets before any left go to public sale. Obviously our league games sell out fast so there would unlikely be any public sale for league games at Ibrox.

Hope not. People will just always take a ticket and then give it to a mate. It doesn't work and away games will be for a select few.

Happy to hear about a membership scheme being introduced but will wait and see what it involves before saying if it will be for the greater good or not. It has to cover away tickets / semi final tickets for it to be worthwhile from my point of view. How it is priced will be interesting as well.

Disappointed not to see any information on Safe Standing in there, looks to be that Rangers don't want it. It is vital for the week to week atmosphere at Ibrox imo.
It’s an absolute farce that it still isn’t going forward when we literally have Kilmarnock getting it fitted. Out of touch with what supporters want. The atmosphere will continue to be shite if the UB are stuck in BF1 and there’s no Safe Standing.

If the membership is like other clubs, it'll only apply to non-season ticket holders. To help give them the chance at getting home/away tickets.

The stadium music is terrible.

It should be Rangers songs only that are played.

I also feel when we score I prefer the natural noise of the fans roaring rather than some rave song blasting over the top of us.

Has this survey been complete? I would like to put forward a few ideas.

I thought I read that the current catering contract runs out at the end of this season?

The whole menu needs an overhaul, the pricing is taking the piss and you can’t even pay by card.

The new website and app sounds encouraging.

A notification system would also be good for supporters who’s ticket has been resold through seatsub. A text or an email notifying them would be fine.

The plans do look encouraging.
The worst part about the music was last season when they played it after certain games where supporters had stayed back and were singing etc. It drowned it all out. The last home game of the season is an example.

If the membership is like other clubs, it'll only apply to non-season ticket holders. To help give them the chance at getting home/away tickets.

Well let's hope that's a none starter regarding non-ST holder getting away tickets, that won't happen thankfully.

Ideally the membership can be open for all but as a ST holder it entitles you to apply for domestic away games / euro aways / semis etc. Being a non-ST it then entitles you to priority sales on home games etc plus other benefits.

Last edited:
Back