Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

The problem here is that it is not the perpetrator or those who failed to act who are providing the compensation.

Furthermore, who would fund it. Would it be Government funded via the SFA? If so, then it is you and I as tax payers who are paying. Or is there a levy on all clubs to fund such an initiative?

I am of the view that the criminals and those who let it happen, should pay compensation and there should also be a punitive element.

In short, that mob and their hired nonces should be paying, not us as individuals nor our club.

Good point. Don't disagree with any of that cab, however the fund I suggested could be used by survivors to finance individual (or class) legal actions against CFC for damages. The fund could merely offer acknowledgement of the abuse and financial support for victims in their pursuit of CFC.

A hard morninv read but interesting to see dailymail reporting this story. Maybe the reporter Graham Grant worth contacting.

Mr McCallum is a man of real integrity and with unwavering spirit also.

Sure it's not just me that admires this mans stance.

Hope he is well and doing well.

The syfa have also had members investigated for turning a blind eye to abuse. One of the top guys was recently suspended while being investigated in 2017. He was cleared however the investigation was carried out by the syfa and they never said he was innocent the said there “wasn’t substantial proof a conversation took place”

A hard morninv read but interesting to see dailymail reporting this story. Maybe the reporter Graham Grant worth contacting.

Upon reading that story it is worthwhile remembering that hundreds of unregistered bodies were found at a Catholic orphanage / school and the police said that there was no reason to further investigate nor any evidence of criminality... despite the fact that there were literally hundreds of bodies of children who no one knew about right in front of their fucking faces.

Perhaps we should be pressurising the SFA to have a 'Compensation Programme' set up for victims and their families. I know that no amount of money will provide closure to victims such as the poor Grey family. However a programme for compensating them for their pain and suffering is only a small step in helping victims and their families secure some degree of financial security. For decades they have been ignored, if the SFA were to impliment a scheme for compensation it may allow them to at least feel acknowledged and validate the suffering they've endured for nearly half a century. It's been done before.

For instance:

If the charlatans that run the SFA had any kind of empathy they would at least have a scheme set up to allow survivors to contact professionals for guidance and support. Good grief, given the widespread nature of abuse at CBC and CFC all they seem to do is offer platitudes. I sincerely hope the pressure that has recently been imposed on them SFA by certain MP's continues and is not abandoned.

Court cases are about to commence. The UK media spotlight will be directed in the direction of this rancid little backwater very soon indeed. The SFA need to act positively - otherwise history will confirm what we already know, that they were individually and collectively complicit.

By having a fund for victims, everyone else would be sharing
the cost with the club from which the perpetrator worked.
Most clubs that have never had any problem with this problem
would be against it from the beginning.

Perhaps we should be pressurising the SFA to have a 'Compensation Programme' set up for victims and their families. I know that no amount of money will provide closure to victims such as the poor Grey family. However a programme for compensating them for their pain and suffering is only a small step in helping victims and their families secure some degree of financial security. For decades they have been ignored, if the SFA were to impliment a scheme for compensation it may allow them to at least feel acknowledged and validate the suffering they've endured for nearly half a century. It's been done before.

For instance:

If the charlatans that run the SFA had any kind of empathy they would at least have a scheme set up to allow survivors to contact professionals for guidance and support. Good grief, given the widespread nature of abuse at CBC and CFC all they seem to do is offer platitudes. I sincerely hope the pressure that has recently been imposed on them SFA by certain MP's continues and is not abandoned.

Court cases are about to commence. The UK media spotlight will be directed in the direction of this rancid little backwater very soon indeed. The SFA need to act positively - otherwise history will confirm what we already know, that they were individually and collectively complicit.
The SFA interim report does address this subject, although any source of funding such an initiative is to be spread across all of Scottish football.

"RECOMMENDATION 94
The Independent Review recommends that the Scottish FA and clubs and organisations in Scottish football consider the establishment of a permanent testimonial to the experiences of and impact on those affected including consideration of the creation of a fund which might underwrite support and assistance for those who have been personally affected by sexual abuse in Scottish football and indeed those in Scottish football who are experiencing other mental health challenges and issues. The Review sees no reason why this might not also be contributed to or underwritten by commercial donation and sponsorship."

The SFA have been complicit in the concealment of paedophilia in Scottish football since Jack McGinn
became an SFA official in the early 90s to the present useful idiot Ian Maxwell.

Not been on for a while but thought I would share an email I just received from an MSP

Dear Fraser,

As you’ve contacted me before about incidents of child sexual abuse at Celtic Boys Club, I’m getting back to you with my further comments and share the concerns that you raise pertaining to how this has been handled thus far.

I support the victims who have been impacted by this abuse and believe that Celtic’s investigations should be made public. The current closed-door approach to these investigations is unacceptable and in the interest of transparency, a public inquiry is favourable.

I believe an independent public inquiry should take place which looks at all aspects of child sexual abuse across Scottish football.

The abuse at Celtic Boys Club has been very high profile and those involved should be held to account and the victims deserve proportionate support and justice.

In addition to this, we must also look at child sexual abuse at other football clubs in Scotland so to offer these victims this same support and justice.

Considering the widespread nature of this issue, our response should be an all-encompassing solution which seeks to provide the most justice for the most victims.

Going forward, I will support a full independent public inquiry into all issues of historic child sex abuse in Scottish Football.

Regards

Yours sincerely

David
Superb response from David. I hope there will be more like him when the pressure is on. I think the turning point will be when the 3 x TV programmes are aired.

Top post TS. Felt the emotion :D

I just had to leave the thread for the sake of my sanity GY and just popped back on now to catch up. It just swallows me up at times. And relax...;)

As I said, the treatment from Mr Useless to the Gray ladies and others, truly is inexcusable. That's definitely left it's mark and I'll remember that the rest of my days. Just that alone tells you EVERYTHING you need to know about this rat. As being heartless goes, that was off the scale. that was bordering on evil and that's no embellishment. A shell of a man.

I'd like to think that even though the SNP will back each other up in public, surely someone will have pulled this clown up and had a word in his ear. I would have, but then again.

We've just got to keep battering at their door Grigo. They'll hopefully pay for this in the end, one way, or another (both would be good).

Yes I know about it .Everyone involved at Youth level football in the South side of Glasgow .Should know about it.
Ian McCallum is a good guy who ran local boys clubs .He also is the sole agent for a certain brand of football. Who supplies strips throughout the SFA set up including professional teams .

He was also a sponsor .I think for the SYFA ..His credentials are impeccable .
I have known him since my son played for his youth team maybe twenty year ago .
I later got to know him better when I became involved with Youth football myself .
When I was struggling to find a sponsor for my team Ian heard about it and stepped up to the mark and supplied the kit Free.

I then heard about him being involved with the SYFA in some capacity .
It was during this time that He was abroad with a youth team and came across a situation that set his alarm bells ringing .

The story was told to me that He came across a boy out of his room in the early hours Who was going for a rub down with the physio.

Ian I think stated that We don't have a physio with us .So what is happening let me check this out ?
As He went into the physios room there was another man as well .
He questioned them as he knew none of them were physios .
Ian reported this through official channels naming every one and He was ostracised .
I believe he was visited by heavies and his family and business threatened .
He would not back down .
I think He was charged by bringing the game into disrepute or something and banned from football for a year .

He still never backed down I spoke to Ian about this and I could see the strain that it was causing his business and family life .
But still he never backed down .He contacted various newspapers and no one would listen .

I believe since then one of the men involved has been found guilty of abuse .
Vindicating Ian's stance .
I have not seen him for about three years since I had to give up Youth football .So I don't know if He is involved in the game at all now .

I believe since then one of the men in the room has been convicted of abuse .
That is a sordid tale. I hope Ian gets the support he deserves to deal with all of this. The abuse must go right up to the top level if he has been treated this way.

I just had to leave the thread for the sake of my sanity GY and just popped back on now to catch up. It just swallows me up at times. And relax...;)

As I said, the treatment from Mr Useless to the Gray ladies and others, truly is inexcusable. That's definitely left it's mark and I'll remember that the rest of my days. Just that alone tells you EVERYTHING you need to know about this rat. As being heartless goes, that was off the scale. that was bordering on evil and that's no embellishment. A shell of a man.

I'd like to think that even though the SNP will back each other up in public, surely someone will have pulled this clown up and had a word in his ear. I would have, but then again.

We've just got to keep battering at their door Grigo. They'll hopefully pay for this in the end, one way, or another (both would be good).

Absolutely agree.

Just found out that a Daniel Taylor has left the Guardian & joined The Athletic.

Seemingly was very involved in the Bennell story so now that he’s free from the restrictions from the Guardian ..........

Not been on for a while but thought I would share an email I just received from an MSP

Dear Fraser,

As you’ve contacted me before about incidents of child sexual abuse at Celtic Boys Club, I’m getting back to you with my further comments and share the concerns that you raise pertaining to how this has been handled thus far.

I support the victims who have been impacted by this abuse and believe that Celtic’s investigations should be made public. The current closed-door approach to these investigations is unacceptable and in the interest of transparency, a public inquiry is favourable.

I believe an independent public inquiry should take place which looks at all aspects of child sexual abuse across Scottish football.

The abuse at Celtic Boys Club has been very high profile and those involved should be held to account and the victims deserve proportionate support and justice.

In addition to this, we must also look at child sexual abuse at other football clubs in Scotland so to offer these victims this same support and justice.

Considering the widespread nature of this issue, our response should be an all-encompassing solution which seeks to provide the most justice for the most victims.

Going forward, I will support a full independent public inquiry into all issues of historic child sex abuse in Scottish Football.

Regards

Yours sincerely

David

Well done Fraser.

It appears as though a lot of us have taken up the challenge to contact the Scottish MSP's which is brilliant.

I know who sent you that and it's so refreshing to receive such a reply to your emails. Some of the usual reprobates aren't as forthcoming shall we say. And some of the others...jeez.

Nice one mate!

Yes I know about it .Everyone involved at Youth level football in the South side of Glasgow .Should know about it.
Ian McCallum is a good guy who ran local boys clubs .He also is the sole agent for a certain brand of football. Who supplies strips throughout the SFA set up including professional teams .

I later got to know him better when I became involved with Youth football myself .
When I was struggling to find a sponsor for my team Ian heard about it and stepped up to the mark and supplied the kit Free.

It was during this time that He was abroad with a youth team and came across a situation that set his alarm bells ringing .

The story was told to me that He came across a boy out of his room in the early hours Who was going for a rub down with the physio.

Ian I think stated that We don't have a physio with us .So what is happening let me check this out ?
Ian reported this through official channels naming every one and He was ostracised .
He would not back down .
I think He was charged by bringing the game into disrepute or something and banned from football for a year .

He still never backed down I spoke to Ian about this and I could see the strain that it was causing his business and family life .
But still he never backed down .He contacted various newspapers and no one would listen .

I have not seen him for about three years since I had to give up Youth football .So I don't know if He is involved in the game at all now .

Excellent post mate.

It's diabolical what's been happening in Scotland over many years, concerning the welfare of kids who simply want to play football. The more I hear, the more I'm disgusted by it.

Can I PM you?

Seeing as The Club Like No Other are still operating without any punishment for the evil that has taken place under their watch and on their premises and also on foreign soil, it must torture the poor victims who have been used and abused and discarded and ignored, it disgust's me that they are still allowed a license to operate & granted safety certificates when its crystal clear & obvious that it is anything but safe for youngsters to train/play football with Celtic f.c./ St. Patrick's boys club.

It is astonishing that U.E.F.A. with their Fairplay and Equality initiative, allow the club like no other to participate in their premier competitions , to me this brings these competitions into disrepute and is an insult to the victims. They along with the S.F.A. are complicit in condoning/enabling the abuse that has went on indiscriminately at the club like no other, for over 4 decades.

It is stomach churning when you see them receiving £25m for a player who has come through the system that has abused and ruined the lives of so many.

Last week i was sickened reading a piece from on loan Moritz Bauer from Stoke City who was "Bumming" up the club like no other,so as the football authorities fail to punish and handicap this organisation, can any of our younger bears who participate on Twitter,Facebook,Instagram,Snapchat etc. please let people like him and any prospective signings they may chase in January, know what the club like no other are really like and if they are morally comfortable to be part of it, regardless of earnings.

If the authorities are failing to punish them then we can try to hurt them by maybe stopping decent rightful thinking players from joining a dispicable cult operating from a rancid cesspit.
Let them KNOW , A CLUB TRULY AND APTLY LIKE NO OTHER.

Outstanding post RK. Twitter - Noted.

Upon reading that story it is worthwhile remembering that hundreds of unregistered bodies were found at a Catholic orphanage / school and the police said that there was no reason to further investigate nor any evidence of criminality... despite the fact that there were literally hundreds of bodies of children who no one knew about right in front of their fucking faces.
Smyllum Park orphanage outside Lanark is it not?
Fuken sickening what they found there. That was really the minute it hit home the task we have getting this out in the open.
They found hundreds of dead kids at that place, and no one knows what happened.
As for the authorities, they are not interested.

Absolutely agree.

Just found out that a Daniel Taylor has left the Guardian & joined The Athletic.

Seemingly was very involved in the Bennell story so now that he’s free from the restrictions from the Guardian ..........

...and he'll already know of Bennell's association with the paedo harbourers, so the interest is already there. He may not know as much as we'd like him to relating to the scum. I'll try my best to inform him over the next couple of days ;)

Sorry lads I don’t keep too update to this thread but having a few days off work and no holiday (Thanks Thomas Cook lol) I’m going to send a few emails off to the DUP MPs. Just wanted to ask has anyone bothered to ask SF MPs? They’ve favour that lot and don’t even take their bloody seats but could be good to have their denial of an enquiry on record

Gerry Adams brother is a paedophile...
Gerry covered it up to save his own political reputation...... Sound familiar?

When was that uncovered GY?

There you go Coop (if you can stomach it).

That’s in hand. Myself and a member of the press received a reply that the Hudson prosecutors office are continuing with the investigation. Anything more I receive will be posted on here.
It’s the exact same reply as previously posted a month or so ago.

This could be huge. Maybe even more so if triggers a response/investigations throughout the other years Cairney had young boys in America - since 1976 for this paedophile.

Smyllum Park orphanage outside Lanark is it not?
Fuken sickening what they found there. That was really the minute it hit home the task we have getting this out in the open.
They found hundreds of dead kids at that place, and no one knows what happened.
As for the authorities, they are not interested.
Quite unbelievable in this day and age and just proves that Religion has no place in education , Catholic religion more than any I would say who seemingly are above and beyond the Law , Those stories are horror stories where little kids are suffering at the hands of sexual perverts . How in the name of God can these depraved acts go unpunished ? What Religion is beyond the Law of the land that those sadists can be kept free from punishment and have everyone terrified to speak out against them . No wonder I would not trust anyone other than Loyal Unionists to run this Country and them that don’t like it can F*ck off to the perverted Hell hole they came from . This Natsi ridden muck hole needs cleansed once and for all including that dummy that calls himself a justice minister .

There you go Coop (if you can stomach it).

2 paragraphs was enough mate. Scandal that this is not being investigated

Quite unbelievable in this day and age and just proves that Religion has no place in education , Catholic religion more than any I would say who seemingly are above and beyond the Law , Those stories are horror stories where little kids are suffering at the hands of sexual perverts . How in the name of God can these depraved acts go unpunished ? What Religion is beyond the Law of the land that those sadists can be kept free from punishment and have everyone terrified to speak out against them . No wonder I would not trust anyone other than Loyal Unionists to run this Country and them that don’t like it can F*ck off to the perverted Hell hole they came from . This Natsi ridden muck hole needs cleansed once and for all including that dummy that calls himself a justice minister .
Excellent post Alex

The thing about Smyllum was that whilst the majority of the deceased were babies/infants who probably died of natural causes, there were several much older with no death certificate, cause of death recorded etc. Frankly its a bigger scandal than the subject matter of this thread.

You’re absolutely correct Senefelder. This country is a haven for child abusers.

2 years ago I contacted the syfa regarding people still being involved in football that had lifetime syfa bans, not for abuse but for financial irregularities. The response we got at the time was “what do you want us to do, ban them again?”
They then proceeded to make everything as difficult as possible for us after that.
I would have absolutely no faith in any of them to stand up to anybody

2 paragraphs was enough mate. Scandal that this is not being investigated
I was TKO from the headline. Made it further then I did. I hate how an institution can use our(English Speaking World) religious tolerance to cover its own misdeeds. To say the Catholic Church is evil does not mean you think all Catholic people are bad. It has a midevil power structure with no accountability and the inevitable result of that has been brought on. Its the same thing that happens in all other forms of dictatorships and totalitarian organizations. Twenty years ago if you said the Ugandan government was evil you would not have been called a bigot. It should be no different with the Catholic Church.

He would not back down .

Thanks man. That is horrific. I hope this guy sues the bastards.

Back