Rangers announce membership scheme to start next year amongst other things.

RSC’s don’t get enough tickets to give every match going bus member “two bites at the cherry”. 4 tickets between 40 doesn’t go, so don’t even pretend it does. RSCs absorbed tickets when hardly anyone was on the away scheme in the lower leagues. Most took financial hits. Of course, you knew that :)

And for how many years would you like to see RSC’s rewarded for that?

if you are in an RSC you have a “chance” of a ticket for a match, if you are on the CCCS then you get a chance as well. Therefore 2 chances.

If you are registered for an RSC then you shouldn’t be allowed on the CCCS.

simple as that.

I'm in, but it has to be priced correct so everyone with different budgets can enrol. Juniors, AOP, disabled, affluent and non affluent.

I had a similar thing a couple of years back myself.

My daughter wont touch fizzy juice and only drinks water.

Couldn't get her a drink to wash down the brick hard hot dog we'd bought her.

It's a fucking shite state of affairs and the club should be embarrassed about its catering. The hospitality is done to a great level so they can produce decent food.

It hasn't improved in 30 years.

Careful now, there's posters on here that'll claim you're anti Rangers.

I think most people would just like to be able to check the half time scores so WiFi will allow us to do that however it would just require something on the screen.
Or just a repeat weekly message on the scoreboard saying "DeeGer your coupon is burst already don't bother getting your phone out mate..."

Here's some advice for our "catering partner" The food is shite, overpriced and just a rip off especially if you have family's coming with young kids, football is expensive enough without being further ripped off with trying to feed them.

There is no need to have a partner in dealing with food, there is also nothing stopping us employing people to run our own catering and all profits would go to the club rather than some greedy corperate french company where money and profit is more important than quality and customer satisfaction.

In 2019 we shouldn't still be looking at a very limited menu and should also be pro active in encouraging healthy eating for our young fans and us adults, not having to bite into rock hard pies which would snap your teeth at times and be overcharged for the pleasure.

Elior offer nothing to our catering and their motto is buy low and charge what you like, I've seen plenty of suggestions for boycotts over the years and Elior should have been targetted with one and told to remove their fingers and start supplying decent food at decent prices instead of ripping the fans off.
Catering should be top priority before wifi, apps etc

I'd always urge bears to boycott the 'catering' inside Ibrox. Let them suffer.
What's the actual story though?
I know Green sold off the Catering to Ellisor sp. What about the fans on Ibrox property? Do they pay rent so therefore we can find them over the fan on the street and the shite wrapped with pastry on show inside the ground

I am a caterer, would love to revamp everything from scratch. Rangers need to have their own kitchens outside Ibrox, make everything themselves and take all the profit. There would of course be an initial outlay but we would be sorted for years and making the food the supporters wanted. I am sure fans would "buy direct" if it was good food, instead of the crap outside the stadium.
What sort of food do you think would be practical but also good to eat ? I would love to be able to get stuff like a chicken wrap or wedges or something that’s not a pie or burger . I’ve saw folk round about me sneaking sandwiches in just because the food on offer is terrible .

Me and the wife had a steak pie and bovril at the Hamilton game. To be honest we both thought they were fine. I think it cost just over £12. Not cheap but then this is normal when there's a captive audience.

I'm in leeds membership scheme they have 3 levels of membership

Platinum
Gold ( which i'm in £50 )
silver

this allows to buy match tickets at certain times dependent on what membership you pay and you find by the time it gets to silver there are no or very little tickets left .............

leeds capacity is just over 37,000 and last season they had roughly 24,000 ST holders and another 21,000 on their membership schemes initially you could buy as much as 8 tickets per membership but that was reduced to 1 ticket per card holder come the middle of march ..........

so yes you could buy a membership and still end up without a ticket
The fact Leeds only have 24k ST holders is alarming

A pie way gravy

takemymoney.jpg

What sort of food do you think would be practical but also good to eat ? I would love to be able to get stuff like a chicken wrap or wedges or something that’s not a pie or burger . I’ve saw folk round about me sneaking sandwiches in just because the food on offer is terrible .
Honestly, pot noodles, pre packed sandwiches, trays of Pakora, wee 7" pizza boxes

Still whining like a sodden cow? Imagine desperately trying to get a fwiend on the internet. What a pathetic little thing.

Hopefully the membership scheme sorts out away tickets as it’s a bit of a fiasco at the moment. Not to mention RSC members getting 2 bites of the cherry at the expense of other supporters.

If the new membership scheme offered supporters maximum opportunity to get away tickets, I'd assume you'd happily sign up? Therefore you'd be paying a membership for the best chance of away tickets at the disadvantage of others?

Platinum
silver

this allows to buy match tickets at certain times dependent on what membership you pay and you find by the time it gets to silver there are no or very little tickets left .............

leeds capacity is just over 37,000 and last season they had roughly 24,000 ST holders and another 21,000 on their membership schemes initially you could buy as much as 8 tickets per membership but that was reduced to 1 ticket per card holder come the middle of march ..........

This seems similar to what a lot of clubs down south do, but given our ST numbers versus capacity it doesn’t seem like it would generate that much interest. Unless it was to become a prerequisite to getting an ST which I think would be a bad move.

Need to wait and see more details I guess.

To not have safe standing on the agenda is simply not good enough.

Fans are not going to pay for upgrades and shiny new colours everything is already in place except WiFi on that list.
When fans stop singing TBB and scarring our own child fans with flares and bangers then we can be adult enough to have a safe standing section.
The landscape will be different come January, it doesn't take long to build. The process of relocating and can we be trusted are two Massive obstacles at present

And for how many years would you like to see RSC’s rewarded for that?

if you are in an RSC you have a “chance” of a ticket for a match, if you are on the CCCS then you get a chance as well. Therefore 2 chances.

If you are registered for an RSC then you shouldn’t be allowed on the CCCS.

simple as that.
Are you a member of an RSC out of curiosity?

If not then I’m sorry, but you obviously do not see the effort a lot of the boys who run these buses go to in order to make sure everything runs smoothly and enough members travel to away games so they can run a bus without taking too much of a financial cost.

You think the solution is decreasing the number of members who will travel to games with a ticket and eventually put these supporters clubs off the road?

RSC’s rely on the CCCS as much as they do on the RSC allocations to simply run buses to away games. By saying that they’re getting ‘two bites of the cherry’ is all well and good, but RSC’s have been seen to allocate tickets in a better manner than Rangers in all honesty, by rewarding loyalty with tickets.

Now, I understand your viewpoint and why you may view this as unfair, and I know where you’re coming from, I relied on the CCCS for years and only in the last couple seasons joined an RSC. What I must say is that by being a member of an RSC, I have noticed that they are integral in many supporters cases to get them to games, not everybody is fortunate enough to drive and public transport cannot be relied upon. They are integral to the Rangers support and should be supported, not punished for simply making the best of a bad system and using their own allocations.

When fans stop singing TBB and scarring our own child fans with flares and bangers then we can be adult enough to have a safe standing section.
The landscape will be different come January, it doesn't take long to build. The process of relocating and can we be trusted are two Massive obstacles at present

It’s embarrassing mate, everything on that list should be already in place without a membership scheme.

Cold food options should be a given.
Sandwiches, fruit, wraps, salads.
All it takes is a fridge in the kiosks, instantly the choice has doubled, but halved in calories.
If we can't do bottled water, then at least get the proper dispensers instead of offering water from a tap that hasn't been used in the last 3 weeks.

If not then I’m sorry, but you obviously do not see the effort a lot of the boys who run these buses go to in order to make sure everything runs smoothly and enough members travel to away games so they can run a bus without taking too much of a financial cost.

You think the solution is decreasing the number of members who will travel to games with a ticket and eventually put these supporters clubs off the road?

RSC’s rely on the CCCS as much as they do on the RSC allocations to simply run buses to away games. By saying that they’re getting ‘two bites of the cherry’ is all well and good, but RSC’s have been seen to allocate tickets in a better manner than Rangers in all honesty, by rewarding loyalty with tickets.

Now, I understand your viewpoint and why you may view this as unfair, and I know where you’re coming from, I relied on the CCCS for years and only in the last couple seasons joined an RSC. What I must say is that by being a member of an RSC, I have noticed that they are integral in many supporters cases to get them to games, not everybody is fortunate enough to drive and public transport cannot be relied upon. They are integral to the Rangers support and should be supported, not punished for simply making the best of a bad system and using their own allocations.

Spot on.

Sick of people on here slating RSC's.

Oh christ, I remember the last time there was big investment in Wi-Fi. Can't people just watch the game instead of sitting on their phones. Some people see more of the match through their mobile screen when they are there.

Exactly, all the cunts sitting checking their bets constantly.

Not being able to get a bottle of water is inexcusable to be honest. It should just be a straight up no brainer basic requirement for any catering company to provide.
The issue with anything bottled is safety, most people would pay for it and drink it, some on the other hand could possibly use it to toss at someone, on the other hand pies and roasting hot bovril can also be thrown at someone, so kind of nullifies the arguement of bottled water, but the water bottle would do more damage to someone.

If we had no issues of anyone throwing anything we could all be sitting with a nice pint watching the match.

Whilst I take your point, I also think Kanye has a valid point

Folk on RSC’s that are also on CCCS get 2 chances at a ticket

Is that fair?

I’m a member of an RSC btw so I can’t complain but I do get the viewpoint of non RSC members

The issue with anything bottled is safety, most people would pay for it and drink it, some on the other hand could possibly use it to toss at someone, on the other hand pies and roasting hot bovril can also be thrown at someone, so kind of nullifies the arguement of bottled water, but the water bottle would do more damage to someone.

If we had no issues of anyone throwing anything we could all be sitting with a nice pint watching the match.

Bottled water can be poured in to a paper cup just like they do at concerts etc.

No excuse for not being able to provide clean drinking water tbh.

Whilst I take your point, I also think Kanye has a valid point

Folk on RSC’s that are also on CCCS get 2 chances at a ticket

Is that fair?

I’m a member of an RSC btw so I can’t complain but I do get the viewpoint of non RSC members
I get that point as well, but the issue I have is the constantly slating that RSC’s get. There is no perfect way to sort this, but if you were to give a person the choice between CCCS or RSC for tickets, I think you’d find that it would become disproportionately split so that buses struggled even more.

Hopefully the membership scheme sorts out away tickets as it’s a bit of a fiasco at the moment. Not to mention RSC members getting 2 bites of the cherry at the expense of other supporters.

I 100% agree with your point about some getting two tickets being on Away CCCS and in an RSC but then proposed membership scheme will have nothing to do with the distribution of away tickets. It’s an oversubscribed scheme anyway so introducing another method isn’t going to happen.

Ticket Membership schemes at other clubs only work because they can’t sell all their tickets for matches (home or away) without it. We don’t need that.

Platinum
silver

Just me that thinks that's just a con to get more £ out of the support?

A lot of decent sounding stuff there, highlights for me
- Membership scheme
- New Ibrox Wi-fi system
- New Rangers app
- New Website
- New RangersTV app
- Improvements to Catering
- Improvements to overall matchday experience

What would really top it off is if we got permission for a proper fan zone, and safe standing (ideally Copland Front). Excited to find out what plans are in place for the anniversary celebrations. Would like to see the Ibrox area really revamped and invested in, obviously that would include Edmiston House and the Fan Zone across the road.
We need the tarmac area at both ends of the stadium resurfaced or replaced with different material urgently. This is now a health and safety issue with so many potholes.
Totally unacceptable IMO.

Hopefully when they’re sorting the catering they can get card machines installed. Not many places are cash only these days and a lot of stadiums are becoming card only.

People moaning about not needing WiFi think about this

I have to get to my MRA turnstile 30 mins before kick off because some people are still to stupid to be able to use a simple turnstile and because of these people the queues build up so I have to be there 30 mins before to comfortably get in For kick off , I then have to sit for 15/20 minutes staring at my feet as there is no connection in Ibrox it’s 2019 I should be able to sit on my phone with WiFi waiting For the game to start and not just blankly staring forward

I get that point as well, but the issue I have is the constantly slating that RSC’s get. There is no perfect way to sort this, but if you were to give a person the choice between CCCS or RSC for tickets, I think you’d find that it would become disproportionately split so that buses struggled even more.

Thing is, if an additional membership scheme existed that gave supporters a bigger chance of away tickets, you can guarantee those who constantly have a go at RSC's would join it in a heartbeat.

I'm happy to give the Club another 30 quid a year to get us back on top or improve other things. You spend 30 quid on a takeaway or whatever. I'm not really bothered about the membership but I'll contribute.

a very good friend of mine runs an RSC so I’m all too aware of the work that goes into it.
I’ve also travelled on one a few times but I drive myself to games now and support the club by paying to park in the Albion.

I’ve no interest or want to punish RSC’s I just want all fans treated the same. At the minute I have one chance of getting a ticket. You being in an RSC have two and that is fundamentally wrong regardless of how much work, effort and time the bus conveynor does.

It’s embarrassing mate, everything on that list should be already in place without a membership scheme.
You know we’re rebuilding the club from a near scorched earth, with hampered income streams? If we’d had the people who are in charge for the past 8 years then there’s a big chance most would be in place. As it is they’ve been getting facilities back to how they should be, stadium looking respectable and building a team to challenge at the top and compete in Europe.
There’s nothing embarrassing about it unless you compare us to spurs and completely ignore everything in between.

It may not mean a great deal to retain people but id join. Quite literally, I cannot afford to go to the football so I cant get to go and see Rangers. I cant see me ever being able to afford a season ticket ever again but I'd love to buy a yearly membership and feel part of the club. I think many thousands would and it's a smart, easy money idea.

I've got an adult and a juvenille ticket in the main stand that you can use for Ross County on 7/12, Kilmarnock on Boxing Day and St Mirren on 22/1. The only thing it will cost you is the price of a stamp to send them back

Back