Met Jim Goodwin

Do you wear gloves to dispense fuel?

• Yes, I’m like Jim Goodwin

Votes: 77 21.4%
  • No, I’m not a peanut vendor

Votes: 283 78.6%

• Total voters

academical

Less than two hours ago. ASDA petrol station, Robroyston.

Said to Accie Junior as we pulled up “that’s the St Mirren manager”. The lad’s easily impressed, so he was straight out the car saying hello and asking him questions. Jim took it in good humour, to be fair. When my lad said he trained with Clyde, Jim said so did his son.

But here’s the weird thing. He was wearing one of those disposable see-through plastic gloves to dispense his fuel. Who does that? I suppose the kind of guy who keeps his beard as neat as he does...

Said to Accie Junior as we pulled up “that’s the St Mirren manager”. The lad’s easily impressed, so he was straight out the car saying hello and asking him questions. Jim took it in good humour, to be fair. When my lad said he trained with Clyde, Jim said so did his son.

But here’s the weird thing. He was wearing one of those disposable see-through plastic gloves to dispense his fuel. Who does that? I suppose the kind of guy who keeps his beard as neat as he does...

I do and no I don't have a beard - just hate the smell of diesel on my hands and steering wheel :))

That would certainly set the alarm bells ringing with me. Clearly a peanut vendor.

Cool story bro

I use the plastic glove every time, hand towels if there’s none, go elsewhere if they have nowt.
No beard either.

Maybe he was just back from dogging?

I also use a glove as I also hate the smell of diesel on my hands and it goes everywhere oh and I also have a beard

Keep a packet of disposable gloves in the door pocket in case there are none. A worthwhile investment of a £1

Something strange here , I met him on a night out , and he had those gloves on .

By coincidence this evening I’m waiting behind a van to fill up
Waits ages then the driver appears from the shop
He is moket but he had been in the shop to get those wee glove things <laugh>

Noticed when I changed from petrol to a diesel car the diesel pump and handle was always really greasy.

Wore the gloves a few times but felt like a complete dick :oops: :D

I just use them to wank into in the petrol station bogs

giphy.webp

I would wear rubber gloves if i touched anything in Robroyston

Back