The sun link Gerrard with Leeds

I would suspect he would go wherever SG went.

Number 3 somewhere, even Anfield, or Rangers boss?

I think he would stay exactly where he is if he was offered the job at Ibrox. Unlike SG, Beale is not a scouser and does not have the emotional attachment to Liverpool FC.

And if things pan out the way we hope and think they might then I genuinely think Beale will be the next manager of Rangers.

Elland Road is about 90 mins away from Liverpool. You could easily add an hour to that trip for traffic, which makes it a 5hr commute each day. A manager works long hours anyway so SG wouldn’t see a great deal more of his family were he to go to Leeds than he does at present.

You’d also need to factor in possible CL involvement for us next season.

SG may not be here beyond the end of next season, but he ain’t going to Leeds at the start of next season.

Edit - Plus this is in the Sun, who couldn’t spell “truth” never mind tell it.

The only way Gerrard is leaving us is for Liverpool

Unless that happens he’ll be here for the remainder of his contract unless the club say otherwise (sacked)

Absolutely no way would this happen.

I believe that Leeds would want to speak to him but he won't entertain it.

He's Liverpools man.

That's a concern of mine.

SG is living apart from his family and has been at a time when his young boy is growing up. So he will spend very little time with him. I am massively grateful to SG for this kind of sacrifice.

I think SG will be with us next season, but beyond that who knows.

I actually thought Beale had bought a house and family moved up ?? Maybe I'm wrong.

With the 3 two week breaks in Sept, Oct & Nov for Internationls I would imagine our coaching staff will use that as time to get away and be with family. I'm sure SG was in Spain last month hosting his golf charity event and can assume family was with him.

It is not an ideal situation for a family man but many managers/coaches are separated from family for long periods, it is the negative side of the job, especially those who do not want to uproot family each time they move, eslecially with kids of school age.

Scouser I met in a pub who is related to Gerrards wife said the gaffer is missing his family and hates that he´s not seeing his son every day with him being the age he is.

Obviously take this with a large pinch of salt, most scousers will claim they know Steven Gerrard :rolleyes:
As well as going to school with the Beatles. Genuinely sounds like 100% rubbish

With the 3 two week breaks in Sept, Oct & Nov for Internationls I would imagine our coaching staff will use that as time to get away and be with family. I'm sure SG was in Spain last month hosting his golf charity event and can assume family was with him.

It is not an ideal situation for a family man but many managers/coaches are separated from family for long periods, it is the negative side of the job, especially those who do not want to uproot family each time they move, eslecially with kids of school age.
You could be talking about the Armed Forces, here.

As a player he turned down Real Madrid and Chelsea (I think) and as a manager he’s said he doesn’t want to manage lots of different teams. I think his plan is to be with with for 4 or 5 years then be at Liverpool for as long as possible. Teams like Leeds I doubt would interest him.

The Sun utter garbage

qdchfdagwa231.jpg

I know someone who knows the family and he said similar. Said he thought Gerrard would leave at the end of next season latest. I didn’t post it because I know the stick I would get but I know for a fact that they know them very well.
To be fair getting 3 seasons out of Gerrard was well beyond my expectations when he arrived. I thought he’d either bomb and be gone quickly or be a huge success and be nicked by Liverpool within a year or two.

Don’t find it surprising that we’re top of the league and The Sun is coming away with hypotheticals that have been plucked from the imagination of a monkey that works for them.

Strap yourselves in. The closer we get to 55 and beyond, the louder these noises are going to get. If I ran a club, I'd want Gerrard and his team running it all day long.

Positivity surrounding Rangers....

Scottish Mhedia:
Quick everyone, spin a nonsensical story to try and unsettle anyone that we can.

Pathetic.

More chance of me managing Leeds than SG and I can confirm I will never be the manager of Leeds!

It has come from an English website, staffed with English writers and written by an Englishman living and working in England

I must admit, it's always funny seeing folk moaning about how inaccurate the media are while failing to get simple things like who is reporting the story correct.

Rather than do their own research and confirm if there's any truth in it whatsoever... which pretty much backs up the criticism of them.

Copy and Paste = I'm a journalist!

That's nothing new. Been happening for decades. Outlet A 'breaks' a story, Outlets B, C& D pick it up and run with what has been reported elsewhere.

There's also the scope there that they run the story as reported elsewhere, check in with their own sources and run a follow-up further down the line adding to or refuting the original based on the information they've learned since.

Scouser I met in a pub who is related to Gerrards wife said the gaffer is missing his family and hates that he´s not seeing his son every day with him being the age he is.

Obviously take this with a large pinch of salt, most scousers will claim they know Steven Gerrard :rolleyes:
I would be extremely surprised if Gerrard wasn't feeling the way you describe.

I could have told you those were his feelings re. family life.

It is what it is.

SG was always going to be here for 3ish years. That won't change.

No, stress.

Didn’t want to post a link so I’ve just copied the first bit;

‘LEEDS are interested in taking Steven Gerrard to Elland Road should Marcelo Bielsa leave at the end of the season, according to reports.’

Nothing other than speculation and no quotes. No chance of Gerrard going to that basket case I don’t think.

See if I was him and tuned intae the rants of ffers I'd probably fuuk off and manage Leeds.

Whit a clusterfuuk of threads and posts on here.

Aye, and mine included.

That's nothing new. Been happening for decades. Outlet A 'breaks' a story, Outlets B, C& D pick it up and run with what has been reported elsewhere.

There's also the scope there that they run the story as reported elsewhere, check in with their own sources and run a follow-up further down the line adding to or refuting the original based on the information they've learned since.

Correct - and it's largely why there is little respect for the abject pish they publish regularly that proves to be nothing but guess work from less and less reliable sources now that every fckwit and their dug is a "blogger" running a website or social media account with the latest "news".

They don't even pick up content from know reliable sources nowadays - quite the opposite. They copy and paste from sources known to spout utter made up nonsense as standard. Not because it's true, but because t gives them a sensational enough headline to get clicks.

I must admit, it's always funny seeing folk moaning about how inaccurate the media are while failing to get simple things like who is reporting the story correct.
I must admit, it’s always funny seeing folk moan about folk that moan about getting what an idiot of a journalist either copies or makes up. If a journalist copies and pastes other stories of other idiot journalists then he is just as bad.

He’s already started he doesn’t want to manage lots of clubs, only the right clubs. He’s not moving for jobs like this. A comic.

If he delivers us the title, I think Premier League clubs would be interested.

If Leeds are a premier league club next season, I think Bielsa will want a crack at that. And incidentally, I don't think they will be. The Bielsa "factor" is so overblown and Leeds aren't actually very good. After a strong start they're regressingly massively.

We accept Gerrard won't be at Rangers forever. Given how much "shelf life" is talked about these days, I'd say it's a certainty he'd have left by 2021-22. Because he'll either have delivered us a title by then and cashed in on it or he won't have delivered us a title and he'd have to be shown the door. Realistically we'll still keep him if we don't win it this season. If we don't win it the following season then he'd be gone.

Correct - and it's largely why there is little respect for the abject pish they publish regularly that proves to be nothing but guess work from less and less reliable sources now that every fckwit and their dug is a "blogger" running a website or social media account with the latest "news".

They don't even pick up content from know reliable sources nowadays - quite the opposite. They copy and paste from sources known to spout utter made up nonsense as standard. Not because it's true, but because t gives them a sensational enough headline to get clicks.

Guess work in fitba journalism? You just new to this? That's been around as long as folk have been writing about fitba.
So who are the reliable sources they should pick up from? Even some of the 'reliable sources' posters on here used to absolutely swear by get it badly wrong.

Guess work in fitba journalism? You just new to this? That's been around as long as folk have been writing about fitba.
So who are the reliable sources they should pick up from? Even some of the 'reliable sources' posters on here used to absolutely swear by get it badly wrong.

Who ever said it was new? But it's markedly worse nowadays given the multitude of bullshit "sources" and the drive for instant clicks and quick turnaround on content.

I must admit, it’s always funny seeing folk moan about folk that moan about getting what an idiot of a journalist either copies or makes up. If a journalist copies and pastes other stories of other idiot journalists then he is just as bad.

Why wouldn't it be reported unless you had information to contradict it?

Rangers go top of the league at the weekend
Within a few days they are linking our gaffer with all sorts of jobs
Hmmmm usual pish from the usual suspects.
They are shitting themselves

Who ever said it was new? But it's markedly worse nowadays given the multitude of bullshit "sources" and the drive for instant clicks and quick turnaround on content.

The drive for instant clicks and quick turnaround is largely driven by the reader. I'd love to be able to sit and do long-form interviews and analytical pieces every day. But people want news stories every 30 minutes and have actually complained in the past when it fell to just once an hour while often ignoring the more detailed stuff in favour of the click-baity stuff.

In the 2019, my most-read story is Robbie Savage having a dig at Chris Sutton over Rangers having more trophies than Celtic.

Why wouldn't it be reported unless you had information to contradict it?

Because any self-respecting journalist, who actually considered their work to have greater integrity than any other random posting made up guff on the internet, would want to substantiate their stories before publishing.

Instead, these modern journalists are now not much different from those randoms in that the quick post of a grabby headline to get a click is more important. Once it's been clicked, it doesn't really matter what's behind it any more.

Rangers go top of the league at the weekend
Within a few days they are linking our gaffer with all sorts of jobs
Hmmmm usual pish from the usual suspects.
They are shitting themselves

Wayne Veysey has no interest in (and even less knowledge of) Scottish football beyond what he can do to make money off his website.

The drive for instant clicks and quick turnaround is largely driven by the reader. I'd love to be able to sit and do long-form interviews and analytical pieces every day. But people want news stories every 30 minutes and have actually complained in the past when it fell to just once an hour while often ignoring the more detailed stuff in favour of the click-baity stuff.

In the 2019, my most-read story is Robbie Savage having a dig at Chris Sutton over Rangers having more trophies than Celtic.

Is that a contradiction of the point or just an admission that journalistic standards are going down the toilet to meet the braindead demands of a social media audience?

Sounds like the former.

Because any self-respecting journalist, who actually considered their work to have greater integrity than any other random posting made up guff on the internet, would want to substantiate their stories before publishing.

Instead, these modern journalists are now not much different from those randoms in that the quick post of a grabby headline to get a click is more important. Once it's been clicked, it doesn't really matter what's behind it any more.
This.

Again, it's not their story as such. It's not that different to how outlets use news wires. IF Reuters reports that something has happened in Paris, the wee dude from the Sun isn't going to go and then verify that for himself before running it.

If people didn't click on those stories in far greater numbers than the in-depth stuff, outlets would move away from creating such content. People get what people read in the largest numbers.

Is that a contradiction of the point or just an admission that journalistic standards are going down the toilet to meet the braindead demands of a social media audience?

Sounds like the former.

More the latter. As long as people click on garbage links in far greater numbers than they do in-depth content then papers will keep serving up the shite that does the better numbers.

Regarding the family element.
With money not being an issue, you think he could move his family up to Glasgow for a few years - hardly the other side of the world - and home school the kids or temporarily have them in a private school.
I realise his wife and older kids may have ties down there, but it's only for for a few years and not far from Liverpool.
Better than the Gaffer wanking like a trooper and being lonely every night.

Again, it's not their story as such. It's not that different to how outlets use news wires. IF Reuters reports that something has happened in Paris, the wee dude from the Sun isn't going to go and then verify that for himself before running it.

If people didn't click on those stories in far greater numbers than the in-depth stuff, outlets would move away from creating such content. People get what people read in the largest numbers.

I would argue getting something from Reuters is fine - it's a more reliable source. Similarly I'm sure PA and other more robust news sources carry a weight of expectation that what they have is actually verifiable within the level of reason a proper news outlet would expect.

We're not talking about that, are we? We're talking about the quick-fire, turnaround copy and paste from shitey blogs well known to spout utter made-up rubbish - which absolutely happens.

And again, your second point is merely a confirmation that journalistic standards are not about robust and accurate reporting. They are simply about quantity over quality and the main focus is on volume. It's not a defence for printing bollocks, it's a reason that smacks of a lack of any real integrity.

Back