The sun link Gerrard with Leeds

More the latter. As long as people click on garbage links in far greater numbers than they do in-depth content then papers will keep serving up the shite that does the better numbers.

I suppose that's as much an admission as any - and straight from the horse's mouth so to speak... :D

He'll be with us this season and next season. Realistically, beyond that is anyone's guess. And, as I've mentioned before, family separation is not sustainable long term.

I would argue getting something from Reuters is fine - it's a more reliable source. Similarly I'm sure PA and other more robust news sources carry a weight of expectation that what they have is actually verifiable within the level of reason a proper news outlet would expect.

We're not talking about that, are we? We're talking about the quick-fire, turnaround copy and paste from shitey blogs well known to spout utter made-up rubbish - which absolutely happens.

And again, your second point is merely a confirmation that journalistic standards are not about robust and accurate reporting. They are simply about quantity over quality and the main focus is on volume. It's not a defence for printing bollocks, it's a reason that smacks of a lack of any real integrity.

No, we're not talking about that. The stories lifted by the Sun all appear on NewsNow which, while hardly on the same level of an agency like Reuters, do have strict editorial guidelines by which sites must operate otherwise they are de-platformed (funnily enough, the Sun's content doesn't meet NewsNow guidelines).

Once anyone (and that goes from fan-led content like H&H, to tabloids, The Athletic or even Reuters/PA) start talking about 'sources' giving them a line, it becomes almost impossible to disprove - as well as having some protection. Until you can prove it is true or bollocks, you take it at face value. It's something I'll often do - particularly with Football Insider 'exclusives'. We'll report what they have claimed (often adding in opinion on whether it seems plausible or not) and try follow-up as soon as possible with information from my own 'sources'.

While, I have my own personal experience with Football Insider which sours me on them, Wayne Veysey (their editor and the named writer on the Gerrard/Leeds story) is a relatively-reputable journalist down south.

The second point, you seem to miss. There's a fine balance to be struck. Absolutely, robust and accurate reporting is key but there are also commercial demands to be met for papers like the Sun. They need to get clicks to generate revenue or everything goes behind a paywall.

No, we're not talking about that. The stories lifted by the Sun all appear on NewsNow which, while hardly on the same level of an agency like Reuters, do have strict editorial guidelines by which sites must operate otherwise they are de-platformed (funnily enough, the Sun's content doesn't meet NewsNow guidelines).

Once anyone (and that goes from fan-led content like H&H, to tabloids, The Athletic or even Reuters/PA) start talking about 'sources' giving them a line, it becomes almost impossible to disprove - as well as having some protection. Until you can prove it is true or bollocks, you take it at face value. It's something I'll often do - particularly with Football Insider 'exclusives'. We'll report what they have claimed (often adding in opinion on whether it seems plausible or not) and try follow-up as soon as possible with information from my own 'sources'.

While, I have my own personal experience with Football Insider which sours me on them, Wayne Veysey (their editor and the named writer on the Gerrard/Leeds story) is a relatively-reputable journalist down south.

The second point, you seem to miss. There's a fine balance to be struck. Absolutely, robust and accurate reporting is key but there are also commercial demands to be met for papers like the Sun. They need to get clicks to generate revenue or everything goes behind a paywall.

As I said, all of the above simply underlines the fact that (morseo in the modern day) the emphasis on accuracy of content is reduced in favour of volumes.

Rather than find evidence to prove a story, don't find evidence to disprove and you justify it going public, with the usual lazy caveats of anonymous "sources" because it's a get-out that is so vague and deliberately difficult to check up on, that it's a get out of jail free card to just put something-anything out there in that 30 min window.

I don't think I'm missing anything in terms of the commercial requirements to generate clicks. I'm pretty much categorically stating it as the motivator for less effort being made in ensuring the actual accuracy or integrity of the content itself. Put simply I don't think accurate and robust reporting IS key any more. It's secondary.

The Leeds equivalent of Humza Yousaf can confidently tweet that he isn't going to Leeds.

And be right.

Didn’t want to post a link so I’ve just copied the first bit;

‘LEEDS are interested in taking Steven Gerrard to Elland Road should Marcelo Bielsa leave at the end of the season, according to reports.’

Nothing other than speculation and no quotes. No chance of Gerrard going to that basket case I don’t think.

Gerrard is a man of his word and he'll be here for the 4 years he signed up for. He can see the potential and knows how to make us great again.

Didn’t want to post a link so I’ve just copied the first bit;

‘LEEDS are interested in taking Steven Gerrard to Elland Road should Marcelo Bielsa leave at the end of the season, according to reports.’

Nothing other than speculation and no quotes. No chance of Gerrard going to that basket case I don’t think.
Did the Sun have the day and date correct?
That’s as far as they go with accuracy.

The only way I could see Gerrard leaving next summer is if the travel / family set up is wearing thin. That can’t be easy, same for Michael Beale who’s family have remained down south.

Other than that, both are here for 55.
This has always been my biggest worry when it comes to Gerrard.

missing his day to day life with his wife & kids will be a thing, there's no getting away from it. He’s only human like the rest of us at the end of the day

In my opinion it’s only Liverpool or family that will persuade Gerrard to return south. Both are entirely understandable reasons and I wouldn’t begrudge him moving in either scenario.

After he’s given us #55. I really can’t see him moving until he’s achieved that milestone title with us and gone down in history as the manager at the helm when Rangers returned to the top. Which he will. This season or next.

He'll be with us this season and next season. Realistically, beyond that is anyone's guess. And, as I've mentioned before, family separation is not sustainable long term.
Mate, I'm not going to lie you mentioning Gerrard's family situation not being sustainable is boring

Gerrard himself has stated that he didn't hop between clubs as a player and he intends to act the same way as a manager. I can't imagine him managing more than three or possibly four clubs across his whole career. If he wins trophies with us he's going nowhere for the foreseeable future.

Different circumstances as a manager though. Clubs don't routinely sack their best players if results arent going their way. Anyway, I get the point you are making, he's certainly not leaving us to go to Leeds, with all due respect to them.

Turkish media linking Gerrard with Besiktas.
Seen that too, not sure if true or not and I guess we should see this as a positive(the gaffer being linked) as it means he is doing well etc etc But I can't help thinking that Operation Destabilise our club any which way has moved up a notch now we are top and quarter of the way to 55 and back in our rightful place!! Maybe I'm just paranoid or over tired!!

NS!! WATP!!

No way SG would move to a little Tin Pot club like them.

I agree, SG will not head to Leeds, I hope that Marcelo Bielsa never leaves but if and when he does Leeds will hopefully be a premiere league club. SG will in my view only manage 1 club in that league and by my book that requires him to have huge success at Rangers. Where I do take issue my old love is “tin pot” badly run? Yes, fans raped by money men? Yes, loyal fan base? Yes, stuck by their club? Yes. See any similarities?

I would be more worried if the sun says he was staying. As for these online articles such as football insider, I would sooner listen to the local junkie.

PS. I don't have a local junkie.

Turkish media linking Gerrard with Besiktas.

Also being linked in the English Sun..

STEVEN GERRARD could soon be offered the chance to reignite his memories of Istanbul and take charge of Besiktas.
Reports in Turkey suggest the ailing Black Eagles are considering the Rangers boss should they sack under-fire coach Abdullah Avci.

Back