Rangers Legends v Liverpool Legends

Had a dream last night that the gaffer got injured and didn't play for either side!

That said, just seen this morning that Alexander has replaced Watterus due to injury.

Alexander is arguably more of a legend that Watterus anyway!

Had a dream last night that the gaffer got injured and didn't play for either side!

That said, just seen this morning that Alexander has replaced Watterus due to injury.

Neil helped get us to a European final, won multiple trophies. For sure he deserves his spot on saturday.

The way he left the club was all the fault of the spivs in charge

Legends is just a word mate, you'll never get a full swayd of proper legends.
Legends match sounds better than average players that used to play for us match.

Govan rear is still only a quarter full, as is both sides of copland front
Copland Front is almost sold out with the exception of C5, few hundred. Think you are including the corner. Govan Rear is over half sold. 3 out of 7 showing limited availability and only 2 out of 7 with good availability. They aren`t opening up Broomloan Rear for ticket sales for nothing.

Just bought tickets for Bar72 - what time do you get in before the game? Is it worth being there for as long as possible?
Nice to go for a few drinks before the game,would head in around 1-1.15pm.It is just a bar with food options.
I think entry opens 2 and a half hours before kickoff,presumably tomorrow will be the same.

I am going and I got my ticket on 30th September. Delighted it seems that ticket sales are improving. Should be great seeing so many great players on show- especially a certain Mr Steven Gerrard:))

Would be nice if this was on RTV.

For those of us living away from Scotland it would be great. It would also be a sure sign of a decent number of tickets being sold. If I'm honest, I'd forego my RangersTV coverage if it meant more bums on seats at Ibrox.

FWIW, as I've posted earlier on the thread, its going to be available for free on LFCTV GO and on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook apparently - so will be easily available for those who go looking for it.

We shouldn't and don't need 5 months notice to fill our stadium though.

Marketed and pitched properly this could have been virtually sold out by now.

I think the comms, Marketing and PR has been a bit bity. Most of the lads I spoke with at the game on Sunday didn't know much about it.

What about anyone has other plans - should they drop them to attend of course not

Timing and notice of any such game is key

Agree that this could be marketed better and ticket sales were better advance but you can't force anyone to at the end of day

What about anyone has other plans - should they drop them to attend of course not

Timing and notice of any such game is key

Agree that this could be marketed better and ticket sales were better advance but you can't force anyone to at the end of day

I agree with this, I planned "non football stuff" around the International weekend, couldn't change it.

Who wouldn’t want to see Steven Gerrard pull on our famous shirt??

People moaning saying most of our team aren’t legends, could we pick 11 legends that were still fit enough to run nevermind compete against the likes of fernando Torres. Have we had many legends play for us in the last ten years? Probably a handful at most.

I think it also depends on the definition of legend. People like Cuellar, Nacho and Clint Hill who came here took the club to their heart and the fans loved them back, who have always spoke well of us and continue to interact with the support to me are legends with a small L. Then you have people like Butcher who are legends with a capital L and I would quite happily never see them near Ibrox again.

I hope Alexander gets a good reception. He was a great servant for the club.

I am travelling down the with the wee man from Inverness, I have to collect my tickets from ticket office. Is there a deadline I have to pick up my tickets by?

Can’t believe there isn’t more appetite for this.

A lot of people, including myself, have no interest in these sort of games mate.

I would gladly have travelled down to Solihull for our under 21s match, had that game been scheduled for this weekend, but I just don't see the attraction in an over age kick about.

I understand that plenty of people do enjoy them though and I hope everyone attending has a great day out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back