The State of Ibrox Catering

Otis Blue

Its simply rubbish. The choice of food is crap. Ever seen one of those ‘wraps of the month ‘. What even is in it ? When are we going to get a decent range of food, it’s been the same dross for as long as I can remember. You can’t even buy a water. I asked for a water And the girl gave me tepid water from the tap. Kids don’t want macaroni pies or mince pies.
I think they should start small and use maybe a couple of kiosks in each stand and experiment selling decent quality lunch food , including good sandwiches , different range of hot food etc and at the very least bottled water which of course should be poured into a cup by the staff because we will all throw the bottles on the pitch apparently !! GET THE CATERING SORTED RANGERS.

Its simply rubbish. The choice of food is crap. Ever seen one of those ‘wraps of the month ‘. What even is in it ? When are we going to get a decent range of food, it’s been the same dross for as long as I can remember. You can’t even buy a water. I asked for a water And the girl gave me tepid water from the tap. Kids don’t want macaroni pies or mince pies.
I think they should start small and use maybe a couple of kiosks in each stand and experiment selling decent quality lunch food , including good sandwiches , different range of hot food etc and at the very least bottled water which of course should be poured into a cup by the staff because we will all throw the bottles on the pitch apparently !! GET THE CATERING SORTED RANGERS.
At the Hamilton game,there was an A4 sheet of paper stuck on the wall saying “mineral water £1.50” (club deck) so presumably they were selling bottles of water.

5☆ catering say 20 times a year for 90 minutes would be expensive- buy a pie and a juice or dont- simple. Also the limited range sameness works for most- think Greggs, KFC etc.

I'd like a simple revenue stream that works for Rangers.
It should be easy money every home game, instead it's utter shìt and too many fans won't spend there.

Maybe that's acceptable to you.
A half decent range of better quality food including bottled water is not a lot to ask for.

I'd like a simple revenue stream that works for Rangers.
It should be easy money every home game, instead it's utter shìt and too many fans won't spend there.

Maybe that's acceptable to you.
I couldn’t tell you how good or bad it is. I haven’t bought anything from them since I had a mouldy Bears Pakora, about 30 years ago. Bring back Chipmunk crisps.

Did somebody force you to buy something?

God forbid the club provides match day services and amenities that supporters are willing to pay for and the club can earn much needed income from. :rolleyes:

Facilities that encourage supporters to spend more time at the ground and spend more money. And bring their families. Who’ll enjoy the experience, spend money themselves, and want to cone back. Yes, why the f*ck would the club want to do that?

Quite a number of grounds nowadays also offer catering options before even reaching the concourse area. Of course there are food vans outside Ibrox but none benefit the club to any great extent. Any review should include catering facilities at the busiest points on approach to the ground.

God forbid the club provides match day services and amenities that supporters are willing to pay for and the club can earn much needed income from. :rolleyes:
I’m getting the impression of lots of supporters leaving the house to go to the game, saying “grrr...that’ll be me fuukin starving until I get home”. :)) :))

You can buy water in the main stand this season. £1.50 poured from a bottle into a plastic cup without a lid. Better that that nothing.

Quite a number of grounds nowadays also offer catering options before even reaching the concourse area. Of course there are food vans outside Ibrox but none benefit the club to any great extent. Any review should include catering facilities at the busiest points on approach to the ground.

I've posted this before but, atmosphere aside, the match day experience at Man City outside the ground (including selection of catering vans) is excellent. I think if we modelled ours on something similar it's be a huge success.

5☆ catering say 20 times a year for 90 minutes would be expensive- buy a pie and a juice or dont- simple. Also the limited range sameness works for most- think Greggs, KFC etc.
Greggs have a huge range of food. What you on about. Huge range of different sandwiches and hot food at Greggs . That’s why there stores are full. We sell about 3 things at Ibrox and all of them are crap.

Amazes me folk can't see this.

Why would supporters spend nearly a fiver on a lukewarm burger inside the stadium when you can buy a fresher, hotter one outside the stadium from one of the vans for half the price ?

Right now, it's not just the quality that's the problem, it's the pricing.

And that's the point.
You got served shìt food so don't buy it now.

Potentially 30 years of your custom gone because the product is so poor.
Now multiply that by 1000s
No - my point is that life’s too short to get upset at being denied Michelin starred food at the game.

The OP is bang on, it’s been over priced crap for years. I come from a vintage of mince pie, bovril, spearmint chew and macaroon bar but this is 2019 and the audience is looking for a better all round experience for their £100 a day out charge, not the £5 we spent.

There is also the revenue stream, I know we are a million miles away from something like Tottenham but we should still make more money from our footfall.

on a positive, the only thing I buy is the hot lentil soup and roll from the standalone kiosk in GR, it’s decent and fair price.

It’s the speed of service that gets me! I go with my son, he’s 16 now and all I want is a bovril and a cold juice preferably water for him! We don’t bother now because you need to leave 5/10 mins before half time and your still not back before kick off. Need a rocket up there arse!!

No - my point is that life’s too short to get upset at being denied Michelin starred food at the game.

I think everyone would agree with that statement, although its irrelevant, given not one person is looking for that sort of standard. I rarely drink at Ibrox now, so part of my day out is going for a bit if grub. I'd much rather give the money to the club but I dont due to it being so bad. If it improved I definitely would and I'm sure hundreds of others would do the same. The only person I can see, that's looking for an argument about this, is you, although I've really no idea why?

They sell bottles of water in the Govan. Poured into a cup

It is fucking brutal. They run out of everything before half time regularly, almost as if they were surprised to see so many folk!

The food is shocking, I had a “cheeseburger” at the Hamilton game, it was like a brick. In this day and age we see decent food at most gigs and festivals, no reason we can’t have the same. It’s a missed revenue opportunity.

I had my 6 year old at the game yesterday for the first time. Saw the whole 'experience' from a totally different perspective, including the catering.

It's in the dark ages.

I was talking about this at the game yesterday and was told we don't own the catering and get no profit from it, is this true?

you really aren't getting this

the club has a money-spinner every home match if they just get it right with catering! nobody is expecting 5-star Michelin food, just edible would be great and food and drinks fans want to buy putting much-needed coffers in our tills.

A Greggs franchise would make a much better job of this. Its s poor in the extreme

I absolutely get why people fancy the idea of a Greggs or McDonalds at the stadium however I’d completely scrap the idea of any franchises. Inevitably the biggest winner, money wise, is the brand owner.

you really aren't getting this

the club has a money-spinner every home match if they just get it right with catering! nobody is expecting 5-star Michelin food, just edible would be great and food and drinks fans want to buy putting much-needed coffers in our tills.
I think I’m getting it just fine, thanks. So, bearing in mind we don’t actually own the catering, and are tied into a contract, what do we do? Maybe go back to my original point and not buy it? Just a thought.

We have a year left on the catering contract. We have just been told it is under review after fan feedback. Let's see what changes there are.

I hope the costs are significantly reduced, more sweet options added, a selection of sandwiches and baguettes as well as water.

Back