Rangers Players Scored Against Brazil

5for4

Following Aribo scoring today,which other of ours have scored against them.Have three in mind.

Laudrup,Hateley and Cannigia were the three we came up with.
I checked and Laudrup was still a Rangers player at the 1998 World Cup. I think he's the only one before Aribo.

The other two were obviously before joining Gers but it's a good question.

Players that scored against Brazil while playing for Rangers currently.

Aribo the only one no?

Laudrup had left I think when he scored against them

Absolutely brilliant for Aribo to score against brazil but more importantly that should hopefully give him a big boost for him coming back and doing well for us. I like him. He’s shown what he can do but we still need to see
more and more consistently too.

Hateley as mentioned, in the Maracana no less, the famous game where Barnes scored his wonder goal.

Absolutely brilliant for Aribo to score against brazil but more importantly that should hopefully give him a big boost for him coming back and doing well for us. I like him. He’s shown what he can do but we still need to see
more and more consistently too.

And there's the added bonus of Aribo's ex manager snarling and moaning again about losing him to us.

Players that scored against Brazil while playing for Rangers currently.

Aribo the only one no?

Laudrup had left I think when he scored against them
I thought that as well tbh but the Wiki page of the Danish WC squad has him as a Rangers player.

Law, Miller and Templeton scored against the Blue Brazil in November 2014. Does that count?
MPbX6OD.jpg

Past McCloy,who was wearing a green shirt
Yep, well remembered. I think it was a Queen's Park 'keeper's top that Big Peter wore, presumably because of a clash between the normal Scotland GK top and Brazil's strip.

Not sure why the SFA didn't have an alternative GK jersey handy!

Yep, well remembered. I think it was a Queen's Park 'keeper's top that Big Peter wore, presumably because of a clash between the normal Scotland GK top and Brazil's strip.

The SFA probably didn't know Brazil wore yellow shirts! The have never known much about football.

I’m fairly certain that there used to be a rule regarding the colours keepers wore.
Orange/Yellow, Red and Green.
This was in my lifetime so maybe somebody can confirm, or debunk.

I agree. I quite liked Law. The team were unbeaten in the league in his first season, were they not?
I don't think that counts for anything but the op was well out of line when saying that about law.

He wasn't the required standard but put in a shift in the championship, scored the winning penalty v the poets and was a decent footballer.

Bit of a shitebag but out of the dross that was signed during the banter years he was one of very few successful ones imo.

I had completely forgotten about that charlatan Law, where did he end up?

We'd far bigger charlatans than Nicky Law mate.

Wasn't good enough as we progressed, but nowhere near the worst we had.

Did us a turn, even in Warburton's first year.

because just like today the sfa are run by a bunch blazered wearing amateurs buffons to a man

We'd far bigger charlatans than Nicky Law mate.

Wasn't good enough as we progressed, but nowhere near the worst we had.

Did us a turn, even in Warburton's first year.

He was a Bosman signing from Motherwell, I’m not sure what people were expecting from him.

He was consistently one of our biggest goal threats throughout his time with us.

Back