Feyenoord tickets

I’ve been shafted this season. Joined the travel club but can’t get to qualifiers due to short notice, so hoped for us to make the groups. First away game we accept no tickets, second game being sent away with work so only game I can make is feyenoord, with no points :confused::confused: still be going over for the weekend though :D

Porto was 2 points and above, it stands to reason that the starting position for Feyenoord will be 3 points and above initially. It will then come down to 2 points and possibly 1.

I’ve been shafted this season. Joined the travel club but can’t get to qualifiers due to short notice, so hoped for us to make the groups. First away game we accept no tickets, second game being sent away with work so only game I can make is feyenoord, with no points :confused::confused: still be going over for the weekend though :D
You'd be as well registering your interest in a ticket for the game. If it doesn't drop to 0 pointers you'll get a point, so will help for next year

You'd be as well registering your interest in a ticket for the game. If it doesn't drop to 0 pointers you'll get a point, so will help for next year
yeah i was always going to register an interest, but from what I've read i don't hold much hope in getting a ticket

Will i still get a point for porto since i signed up for the official flight that is no more since tc went bust?
Doubt it mate. The option to purchase a ticket and travel independently is still open to you and that is the way the travel club will look at it probably.

Doubt it mate. The option to purchase a ticket and travel independently is still open to you and that is the way the travel club will look at it probably.

Poor show that, with my work the day trip was my only option, it is what it is though the fans held up to their side of bargain and was let down by the airline, imo those fans should still get the point.

Poor show that, with my work the day trip was my only option, it is what it is though the fans held up to their side of bargain and was let down by the airline, imo those fans should still get the point.
I dont disagree mate. The whole set up is an absolute shambles in all honesty.

Sports Options absolutely piss all over the current set up.

I dont disagree mate. The whole set up is an absolute shambles in all honesty.

Sports Options absolutely piss all over the current set up.

Maby tc collapsing will end up a positive for going forward, hopefully Rangers strike up a decent partnership for next season such as sports options.

Maby tc collapsing will end up a positive for going forward, hopefully Rangers strike up a decent partnership for next season such as sports options.
I always wonder how they manage to source travel for the team with presumably minimal fuss yet when it comes to supporters it usually seems to be a drama.

The team clearly take priority but they cant just be getting the last available aircraft every time. They obviously just cant be bothered and are happy to just distribute tickets and take the £20 TC fee each season.

There’s every chance we will go crawling to Hayes Travel if their Thomas Cook takeover goes through. There’s guys in the Rangers support that could do a better job of organising the official trips.

should have applied for Midtjylland and got yourself onto 1 point

Porto was 2 points and above, it stands to reason that the starting position for Feyenoord will be 3 points and above initially. It will then come down to 2 points and possibly 1.

Fingers crossed for 3 points, I am on 3 so hopefully get a ticket.

i didn't want to apply and be successful then have to knock it back. its my first year on the travel club so not really clued up on the little tricks
no harm in knocking them back mate. apply for feyenoord and get yourself off the mark mate

no harm in knocking them back mate. apply for feyenoord and get yourself off the mark mate
yeah ill defo apply for feyenoord, i just thought if you knocked them back it deducted points, so if i had none i thought i may have gone to -1 (could just be me being a dafty, but as i said its my first year on it so not entirely sure how the system works)

Agree with this.

We got the e-mail confirming no day trip on Thursday morning. Registration for the low points was Friday-Sunday, so it gave next to no time for people to source and book flights and accomodation if they wanted to purchase an independent ticket. Even then if they could have found flights, prices would be extortionate, flying from cities all round the UK and in some scenarios including at least one conecting flight.

Of course not all of those registering interest in the day trip would have gone, but I'd argeue the majority of them would, so I think on this occasion it would be fair to allocce a point given the circumstances.

I heard that the Travel Clubs original plan for Feyenoord was going to be an overnight trip.Guess time will tell

Why would it be overnight on such a short journey?

Out of all the official trips ive been on there was 1 overnight and it was bursa which was 4.5hours on plane and an hour or so bus journy if my memory is correct.

Unless they cant source an early morning plane? Which i doubt given feyenoord is pretty central and time of year.

I'm in the same boat as yourself, unfortunately Rangers dont have a clue who registered for the day trip as TC was organising it.

For obvious selfish reasons I hope there is no day trip. For this trip there really is no reason to have one. It’s easy enough and cheap enough to organise your own day trip or overnighter. The only reason I can see for people paying a premium for a day trip is to jump up the points ladder as they are official.

For obvious selfish reasons I hope there is no day trip. For this trip there really is no reason to have one. It’s easy enough and cheap enough to organise your own day trip or overnighter. The only reason I can see for people paying a premium for a day trip is to jump up the points ladder as they are official.

Or the fact work might dictate they can only get a single day off? The day trip is convenient for many because it suits them to be in and out as quickly as possible.

Also most people’s annual leave entitlement runs January - December so might not have the holidays for a 2-3 day independent trip. Especially if they’ve been a few trips already this season.

Is there a dedicated meet up? I would rather be in the body of the Kirk. :)). I'm a tad too old for window shopping. The boy and his pals however are saving their pennies.

Or the fact work might dictate they can only get a single day off? The day trip is convenient for many because it suits them to be in and out as quickly as possible.

Also most people’s annual leave entitlement runs January - December so might not have the holidays for a 2-3 day independent trip. Especially if they’ve been a few trips already this season.

I understand the need for the day trip for some. My point is that you can easily book your own day trip for this one with the early kick off, the short flights and the amount of planes that go through Amsterdam.

The points threshold will depend on the situation with the official day trip (if there is one or not).

If there is, the threshold for indy travellers could be 4/5 points, if not it will be lower.

It's all a guessing game as we don't know the complete points breakdown - I'm sure the SLO did state

This is the position I'm in, by the time the game comes around I'll have 2 days holidays left and I don't live near an airport so a day trip is the best option.

Latest posts

Back