Barišić vs Wales

Mate its an opinion am not saying he is a bad player just an opinion of mine that last night and in a a few of our games i feel he is too quick to just play the ball back to the centre back. Rather than look up and see whats infront a few times last night he just passed the ball straight back to the centre half.

What he did last night was conform to the game plan Croatia had in mind. Croatia clearly were happy to settle for the draw, they had loads of possession with no attempt to drive forward.

They killed the game and were very professional in seeing the game out, Barasic included.

What he did last night was conform to the game plan Croatia had in mind. Croatia clearly were happy to settle for the draw, they had loads of possession with no attempt to drive forward.

They killed the game and were very professional in seeing the game out, Barasic included.
But my view on it is its a trait of his he did a lot last season and just passed back inside when he could look up and someone would be showing in the midfield. Am not talking solely about last night but his play in general. He hasnt been doing it much for us this season as he is more confident in himself and been hitting better form.

But my view on it is its a trait of his he did a lot last season and just passed back inside when he could look up and someone would be showing in the midfield. Am not talking solely about last night but his play in general. He hasnt been doing it much for us this season as he is more confident in himself and been hitting better form.

There is a notable difference though, from being scared to go forward and not getting crosses in against poor Scottish teams when we needed it. That's different from being controlled in possession and great positioning to deal with the threat of one of the best attackers in the game.

Yes he did have a trait where he used to pass back unnecessarily, but I don't think last night was anything like what he used to do.

There is a notable difference though, from being scared to go forward and not getting crosses in against poor Scottish teams when we needed it. That's different from being controlled in possession and great positioning to deal with the threat of one of the best attackers in the game.

Yes he did have a trait where he used to pass back unnecessarily, but I don't think last night was anything like what he used to do.

very generous review of him last night. I think its down to his confidence and belief in himself. When he believes in his ability and is confident he doesnt do it. Last night bigger stage just plays it safe. Its just frustrating because you know he can look up and find the pass. Am not saying he should do it everytime but sometimes when he can he opts to play it back. He done well as you say against one of the worlds better players who then switched sides because he wasnt getting any joy. But just my observation of watching the game last night.

Remember the dark days in 2013 2014 odd when we had no international call ups to this.

How I love where we are right now.

Barasic, Morelos, Kamara, Jones, Airbo, Katic.

to add to this, Borna is the starting LB in a team who were involved in the 2018 World Cup Final

even a few years ago, this would have been a post laughed at on this board if somebody had told us we'd get one of our squad in a position like that

very generous review of him last night. I think its down to his confidence and belief in himself. When he believes in his ability and is confident he doesnt do it. Last night bigger stage just plays it safe. Its just frustrating because you know he can look up and find the pass. Am not saying he should do it everytime but sometimes when he can he opts to play it back. He done well as you say against one of the worlds better players who then switched sides because he wasnt getting any joy. But just my observation of watching the game last night.

I get what you're saying and there were clearly confidence issues last season. He has to bomb forward for us due to the style of play and the poor opposition. Last night if he was caught up the park there was no way he was getting back to Bale. He marshalled him very well I think. You could see midfielders collecting the ball off all the defence very deep. Croatia obviously wanted the midfielders on the ball and the full backs to hold back.

100% spot on.

Delighted that Barisic is now showing his true form. He's made the LB spot his own. Thankfully the calls for Halliday or Flanagan to start at LB are now pretty much non existent.

what the one where you say he switched off ;-)

The one where I said he had a solid game and if I was being harsh, etc.... you could have expected him to step up two or three yards onto Davies and if he'd done so he'd have found it a lot harder to play Bale in. He wasn't marking someone else's man. He stands his ground whereas stepping onto Davies would have made it harder for him.

Its all coming together! Borna starting for Croatia and playing for us like a Croatian international should. Joe Aribo absolutely starring for Nigeria. Buffalo back in the Colombia setup.

I know its tempting fate, but LETS GO!

Back